Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Malthouse sacked!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Golden Gordon wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
makri wrote:
should have been sacked n '03 after that GF debacle. Still convinced he had very little to do with the make up of the side after 05/06. Going from a team that had recycled West Cost (mates??) hacks like Andrew Williams and the Chads to actually building a team around the gun recruits we picked up like Pendles and Thomas.

As player he will be remembered as a thug. As coach he had very little success at Footscray. At WCE the innuendo surrounding that team's fitness regime will never go away. At Collingwood he ended up being moved along as surplus to requirement. And at Carlton the wheels well and truly fell off. Yet this bloke has taken Jock's record. Good riddance.

Fantastic Post Very Happy

AND i recall after we lost the 03 GF badly, he insulted a very young jason cloke badly, said a very nasty thing about him, being better the year before when cloke was suspended. A nasty, bellligerent, sulky, sullen old sod, whom we are well rid of, best thing hes done lately is screwing the Bloooz for the next five years at least, and leaving them a broke basketcase rabble. Razz

But you gladly accepted the 2010 premiership. I suspect there's some historical revisionism going on here.

BTW Jason Cloke was about as effective as Marty Clarke as a footballer.

It wasnt just the ol fella who got that flag, he had a lot of input from Bucks i recall, re our game style and bringing in some young kids like Blair. Cloke did play around 100 games for us didnt he, and he had some good games, but MM still had no right to insult him like that, he never ever took any responsibility for any loss, ever, just ask dane swan too. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
magirl Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:16 pm

Lets never forget he was a coach of a premiership Collingwood side. Pretty rare in my lifetime. Only two flags in my life. Born in 1960. Despite all of my disdain in the end I feel for him. Not a nice way to go out. Wish he had stayed with us and be remembered in the way he deserved.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:23 pm

magirl wrote:
Lets never forget he was a coach of a premiership Collingwood side. Pretty rare in my lifetime. Only two flags in my life. Born in 1960. Despite all of my disdain in the end I feel for him. Not a nice way to go out. Wish he had stayed with us and be remembered in the way he deserved.

True, he could have left us a legend forever, but he made his bed, and has sullied his reputation somewhat after his disaster at the scum. He will get life membership from the Pies oneday, but he has some building bridges to do first at Collingwood, then welcome back down the track. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:28 pm

This short video made me laugh.

https://twitter.com/sportsbetcomau/status/603097368771239937

MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:35 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
The coaching tombstone of MM will read Bucks 5 Mick 0

This.
He knew what he was doing this morning. He wanted out and wanted the cash. Wonder where Thomas learnt it from.

Wonder when Kirsty's book comes out on how Carlton screwed her dad over.

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:10 pm

There will be much gnashing of teeth and tears in the extended family. How can they be so cruel to Him? He deserves so much better. He should have been the one to decide when he finishes at Collingwood and Carlton. He was football royalty, a god. He alone should have all the power to decide and he should alone be able to blame everyone else when something doesn't work out. He, the perfect one. Bow down Mr.J.Cloke, Mr.Swan and his other boys and accept your faults, for you can one day perhaps aspire to have a small piece of his obscure wisdom and oxy patience. Let the king of mysterious football secrets through to retire on his throne built from a mountain of egocentricity and blame shifting. They say no man is an island, but if that man burns all his bridges then he really is an island.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:01 am

thebaldfacts wrote:
David wrote:
Sad way for the competition's longest-serving coach to leave the game. But 95% of coaches get sacked at some point or other.

As for the gloaters, I hope you'll offer a little more respect to a club legend once the dust has settled. He was a great Collingwood coach, and I'll always have a soft spot for him. Failing at Carlton only endeared him to me more. Twisted Evil

Agree totally. In my lifetime, he and Matthews are the only Collingwood premiership coaches. To them I will always be indebted as to all the Collingwood premiership players. Matthews beating us in 2 grand finals does not diminish what he achieved in 1990 and likewise Malthouses disastrous years at Carlton does not diminish his premiership or near premierships during his reign.

I am sure he will bob up in the media and will offer great insight.

As for Carlton supporters, how sweet it is😄

+1.

How is it that someone so wrong on VPT is so right on Collingwood matters?

Wink Razz

Seriously, well said & with David too.

Dr Pie 

Dr Pie

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:34 am

While Mick has to take quite a bit of the blame for 2011 he really isn't responsible for Carlton's current predicament.

Mick was not the person who used virtually all their high draft picks in the noughties on midfielders. He wasn't at the club when they decided to trade their only tall forward who wasn't a headcase to West Coast in exchange for a very expensive midfielder who might have been the best in the comp but who was going to be old and at the end of his career by the time the Blues' young draftees hit their straps.

Carlton's culture, which is basically that you can buy success and principles and loyalty doesn't matter, goes back to George Harris and John Elliott. It hasn't worked for years. I'm glad Carlton are in crisis but I don't blame Mick.

I also agree with David, Bald Facts and Watt Price Tully. Only a handful men have coached Collingwood to Premierships and I respect all of them.

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:25 am

BEAMER09 wrote:
Congratulations Eddie - a job well done.

Betts or McGuire?

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:27 am

R_T_RUSH wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Museman wrote:
hehehehe Laughing

Said before they appointed him he would fook em........

Pity it couldn't go on forever..... Twisted Evil

WHERE are the MM supporters who gave us such a bloody hard time at the time of the transition when some of us (like me) fully agreed with what Eddie was doing? Surely they have some balls to admit they were wrong in giving us a hard time???? Nothing wrong with having a different opinion I must stress but geez, they gave it to us with both barrels firing!!

Nice to be right with a view for once!!!

I'm happy to say Mick should have been given an extension after 2010. It was our best chance of back to back in 50 years.

I'm also happy to say that is now 5 years ago - I've moved on and I am invested in the Pies rebuild with Bucks. Not sure there are any testicles required though?

It's different at my place - I always require my testicles.

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:53 am
Post subject: Re: Well SaidReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
David wrote:
Sad way for the competition's longest-serving coach to leave the game. But 95% of coaches get sacked at some point or other.

As for the gloaters, I hope you'll offer a little more respect to a club legend once the dust has settled. He was a great Collingwood coach, and I'll always have a soft spot for him. Failing at Carlton only endeared him to me more. Twisted Evil

Yes well said. The problem with our Club is we have a huge number of ferals among our supporter base. They get on sites like this and bag one of our greatest ever coaches and show him no gratitude or respect for getting us a Premiership. These people convince me why democracy cannot work. When you give peasants the right to free speech you get feral outcomes. They are peasants for a good reason. Its natures way of making a judgement to where they fit in. We allow ferals to voice views and this is a problem. They should have no rights at all. Non ferals believe MM was a great coach and believe Collingwood owes him a lot.

How do you define a "feral"? Someone who disagrees with you? What's a "peasant"? What are the qualities and characteristics that you possess that make you a non-peasant? Can ferals ever graduate to your status?
Why do you write such inane rants?
And why am I bothering to respond. If the biggest contestant always wins and this is fight between idiots, you win.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:18 am

LOL at Carlton Very Happy

We got him at the right time and stayed with him until the right timeand vice-versaand that's what matters for us.

He was the ideal partner for our club in those years, and let's be frank it was best the inevitable downward end happen elsewhere. Especially at Carlton Very Happy

The chocolates here go to MM not due to any games record (yawn), but due to endless finals series for us all and the ultimate achievement: Winning a flag whilst coaching our batty, snatch-defeat-from-the-jaws-of-victory, near-permanent-state-of-media-hysteria club.

That was never going to be achieved by a sane, mainstream personality. The hope is he may have inoculated us against media meltdown for many years to come (though the exaggerated reactions on here to Bucks may indicate it has already worn off Rolling Eyes).

And let's not forget to give a huge thumbs up to Ed for his oversight of MM's career with us: Impeccable, given the combustible pressure of our club, and personality of MM.

E 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:00 am

Lazza wrote:
Museman wrote:
hehehehe Laughing

Said before they appointed him he would fook em........

Pity it couldn't go on forever..... Twisted Evil

WHERE are the MM supporters who gave us such a bloody hard time at the time of the transition when some of us (like me) fully agreed with what Eddie was doing? Surely they have some balls to admit they were wrong in giving us a hard time???? Nothing wrong with having a different opinion I must stress but geez, they gave it to us with both barrels firing!!

Nice to be right with a view for once!!!

I'm not sure this necessarily proves you were right. Pies might have the 2011 flag and maybe the 2012 flag to show for it and Mick may have retired a triple Collingwood premiership winning coach. One will never know what would have happened to the Collingwood list as it was constructed then.

One thing I will agree is that we are in a better place today than we would have been under Mick, but the rebuild was likely forced on us earlier.

PS: I was also 100% supportive of the change.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:33 am

What is truly sad is that the Mick acolytes are still blind to his many failings.

Firstly as a Collingwood premiership coach he has my gratitude for that.

But that is all.

His infantile posturing toward the end of the '11 season and his petulant refusal to move an obviously injured Reid off a rampaging Tommahwk can have only one interpretation. . . spite.

His decision to coach Carlton was born too out of pure spite.

Again the poaching of his little lap dog Daisy had no motivation other than spite.

As a player he was a thug, in the box he was an ego maniac and when he knew his time was coming to an end he became a bitter, twisted and malignant cancer.

The only cloud on my sunshine today is that there are still enough blind worshippers that he will walk into commentary and speaking engagements and be listened to as if he actually had something worthwhile to listen to.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:35 am
Post subject: It could've been us...Reply with quote

I was thinking to myself what if we kept Mick on as a senior coach and didn't make the change when we did. Where would we be at now as team? Would we be any better or worse than a mid-tier team rebuilding? Would we have recruited the players we did and moved on we ones we had to move on? You can hang around for too long and that's essentially what happened in MM's case I reckon. I'm not undermining what he achieved with us, but the writing was clearly on the wall and those in the know who made the call saw it. He achieved what he could at the Pies, but his time was up - literally. Be it his health was taking a turn or the game was passing him by.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it. Maybe Eddie wanted Buck's and that's it.
Carlscum are a rabble now with a team that would struggle against the auskick all-stars. That could very nearly have been us in the scum's position right now. Imagine the Pies sacking MM the way the scum have just done. Imagine Eddie on the warpath and senior players throwing tantrums.

Mick's public display of contempt for his employer highlights the ego and selfishness of the man. He forced the scums hand and made them pull the trigger. Why not walk. Just leave and be done with it because you know yourself that you're done. Why turn it into a big spectacle. I reckon the Pies saw this coming and acted fast. He is/was and always will be a ticking time bomb. Anyway just my thoughts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 8 of 15   

Jump to: