Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Malthouse sacked!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The flower boy can come back next year, we'll give him 300k and the blues can have our second rounder.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:18 pm

Defender wrote:
The flower boy can come back next year, we'll give him 300k and the blues can have our second rounder.

But WHO will tuck him in bed and read him bedtime stories . Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:19 pm

Jezza, you know what this means, don't you...? Wink

TO THE BATMOBILE!!!

Twisted Evil

And everyone else, get your arses over to you know where...

Steve86 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:33 pm

This press conference is delicious
mattys123 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:50 pm

I didn't stop laughing through out that press conference.

Trigg was on something for sure, looked so relaxed as if nothing had happened.

So funny, and Mick has dumped Trigg in it on the way out re the Betts deal.

How would any of you like a CEO at our club who previously had at least bent the rules to steal one of our best players away?

So funny, well done Carlton, see you in 10 years when you are even close to relevant on the field again.
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:51 pm

Hal wrote:
Quote:
regan is true fullback wrote:
I feel gutted, absolutely gutted, that a premiership coach of Collingwood could end up like this.

My only consolation is that he is free, and he no longer has to sup with Mephistopheles and Beelzebub.
What is that feeling like? I am glad to hear that you are gutted gutted that a premiership coach of Collingwood could end up like this.

first world problems, <snip>

Last edited by regan is true fullback on Tue May 26, 2015 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:53 pm

Your happiness adds to the delight of all.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:58 pm

His time at Carlton was always going to end in tears.That's what happens when you mix hubris with arrogance and vengeance.Mick has reaped what he has sown,and the harvest is very bitter indeed.

I don't take any real pleasure from his demise.Just glad that the implosion took place at Carlton rather than at Collingwood.It couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of people!
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:06 pm

For destroying and humiliating Carlton for the past 3. years, well done Mick !!!

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/crisis-at-carlton-blues-sack-mick-malthouse-20150526-gh9qof.html

What if they'd given him 3 weeks...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQZQLgpuBVI

Yepp, time for new broom!

Last edited by 3.14159 on Tue May 26, 2015 6:14 pm; edited 5 times in total
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:07 pm

Wonder what Eddie will say Tommorow on Triple M? I dare say he say how great Mick is Evil or Very Mad Mad
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:10 pm

[quote:="3.14159"]For destroying and humiliating Carlton past 3. years, well done Mick !!!
D
[quote="Mick Malthouse"] If people can judge me over 30 years, what's two more weeks mean? did i err that I'd lose it totally or gain more knowledge about it... whats two more weeks show?[/quote]

http//www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/crisis-at-carlton-blues-sack-mick-malthouse-20150526-gh9qof.html

If they'd given him 3 weeks he might have lost it totally
...or worked out that sacked coaches are like yesterdaes bread.
hard and crusty when old and stale...

https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQZQLgpuBVI[/quote:]Use a calculator!
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:12 pm

Yep, so glad we get to play them again, coz they're totally f****d now! As if a new coach will get that bag of dregs - most of whom wouldn't get a game with the Frankston U12's - suddenly playing like an AFL side. Jock himself couldn’t do that! The likelihood is that he'll go to another club as an assistant, or just retire and do media. Unfortunately there are too many angry morons around for him to return to Lexus, and what remains of 'his boys'. It's hard to imagine Dale Thomas staying there very long without him, he's devastated at this decision, esp. with injuries having prevented him from getting close to his best. I still have no doubt at all that his best is still ahead, but it's very hard to get full pre-seasons in with injuries cruelling whole seasons. Which is why we won't get much out of Greenwood and Shazza in 2015.

I don't know whether Mick still has a great coach in him, the events of 2010-2012 seem to have changed him as a person and as a coach. He seems a lot more angry these days. Unfortunately you need players to win games, and the problems Carlton have were instigated by decisions made long before Mick came along. They have a couple of very good players, and a couple of very good youngsters, but not enough of either and nothing between. Frankly I don't think they’ve fully recovered from the great salary cap debacle which cost them a few years of being competitive. Not that I think they didn’t deserve it, they're a bit too fond of cheating at Carlton, nearly as much as Geelong! Then they wasted far too much time and energy on "The Kreuzer Cup" which cost them a lot and got them a very ineffective ruckman who has done pretty much nothing, much of it due to injuries.

The idea that sacking a coach this early in the season will change things is frankly ridiculous. They might win this week, as is usually the case after a coach spill, but they are facing Sydney so it would take a mighty effort. Especially as Mick's replacement will be John Barker, Mick's assistant. If I was a Blues fan (which fortunately will NEVER happen) I would be pissed off at this decision, the problem was never the coach. Their problems are higher up the chain, and these are very very hard problems to fix as not many boards sack the board!
Good luck Carlton, I hope your current form continues for many seasons to come!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:12 pm

mattys123 wrote:
I didn't stop laughing through out that press conference.

Trigg was on something for sure, looked so relaxed as if nothing had happened.

So funny, and Mick has dumped Trigg in it on the way out re the Betts deal.

How would any of you like a CEO at our club who previously had at least bent the rules to steal one of our best players away?

So funny, well done Carlton, see you in 10 years when you are even close to relevant on the field again.

So Trigg Belongs at a Club that is know to be Cheaters

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:24 pm

Lazza wrote:
Museman wrote:
hehehehe Laughing

Said before they appointed him he would fook em........

Pity it couldn't go on forever..... Twisted Evil

WHERE are the MM supporters who gave us such a bloody hard time at the time of the transition when some of us (like me) fully agreed with what Eddie was doing? Surely they have some balls to admit they were wrong in giving us a hard time???? Nothing wrong with having a different opinion I must stress but geez, they gave it to us with both barrels firing!!

Nice to be right with a view for once!!!

We're right here mate! And like most sensible watchers of the game I will go to my grave knowing that the "succession" was the dumbest move ever made by the club I love. Malthouse left to his job would have won the 2011 & 2012 flags at least, and we'd be out in front where we belong.
Your assertion that you are 'right' or have been vindicated rests on utterly false logic. The fact that MM couldn’t do anything with Carlton has no bearing at all on what would have happened had he stayed at Collingwood, the two things are entirely unrelated. If he had taken them to the GF last year would you be claiming that you were completely wrong? The fact is that a side that was top 4 for 5 years running suddenly dropped out of the finals altogether. and is in a worse position than last year so far. How are you "right"? You'd be "Right" if Collingwood had continued to be the best side in the comp and had won flags, otherwise you are WRONG.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:40 pm

Mick is half responsible for that crap list. Since he arrived he has changed 20 players. His imprint is all over many of the trades and pickups from other clubs. Carlton did not learn from his recruitment in the early days with us.

Mick should have never gone there and Carlton should never have chased him. It was a marriage mixed with naivety, vengeance, delusion and spite. It was destined to fail and Mick has acted like a petulant child like he did with us when he didn't get his way. His ego is his biggest weakness. He set out to demonstrate what we were missing out on and that motivation never lasts. Instead he demonstrated that we were wise to make the change to Bucks and not be handcuffed by his destructive tantrums.

I just wish he stayed till the end of the year and coached them to the spoon. I hope The Suns win a few games and help Carlton to stay on the bottom.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 5 of 15   

Jump to: