Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Malthouse sacked!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flashman 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wren wrote:
Flashman wrote:
John Wren wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
John Wren wrote:
trigg has to go.

No keep him, he's the worst administrator in the game, the longer they keep him the deeper the hole they will dig for themselves. Laughing

yes, true that. i want to see him get his come comeuppance. perhaps leaving him there is just that.

they're not looking for quick fixes yet they've done exactly that by letting malthouse go.

Seriously?

Malthouse was supposed to be the missing ingredient in turning Carlton from a talented but under achieving side into a premiership threat but instead he turned them into an on field basket case whilst on $1 000 000 p/a might I add.

Giving him the arse isn't a quick fix but more like stabilizing the patient before treating the illness. Malthouse was a disaster for the Scum and it was beautiful to behold and sad that it has had to end.

other than having an interim coach, their situation has not changed. this is going to take more than a coach sacking to fix. few coaches out there are experienced at rebuilding a list.

True but is a 61 year old the man to lead a 10 year rebuild (which is what it will take with things very bare in terms of young talent at the Scum)?

I don't think he was ever the man for that at all.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:25 pm

Darkstranger wrote:
Is this the last we will see of MM now?

He be on CH7 Friday Night Calling the Scums game vs the Swans

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:26 pm

Flashman wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Flashman wrote:
John Wren wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
John Wren wrote:
trigg has to go.

No keep him, he's the worst administrator in the game, the longer they keep him the deeper the hole they will dig for themselves. Laughing

yes, true that. i want to see him get his come comeuppance. perhaps leaving him there is just that.

they're not looking for quick fixes yet they've done exactly that by letting malthouse go.

Seriously?

Malthouse was supposed to be the missing ingredient in turning Carlton from a talented but under achieving side into a premiership threat but instead he turned them into an on field basket case whilst on $1 000 000 p/a might I add.

Giving him the arse isn't a quick fix but more like stabilizing the patient before treating the illness. Malthouse was a disaster for the Scum and it was beautiful to behold and sad that it has had to end.

other than having an interim coach, their situation has not changed. this is going to take more than a coach sacking to fix. few coaches out there are experienced at rebuilding a list.

True but is a 61 year old the man to lead a 10 year rebuild (which is what it will take with things very bare in terms of young talent at the Scum)?

not sure about 10 years. the rebuild would take about 5 years and they're about 12 months into it. i think mick could have taken through this period to get them competitive again.

regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:28 pm

I feel gutted, absolutely gutted, that a premiership coach of Collingwood could end up like this.

My only consolation is that he is free, and he no longer has to sup with Mephistopheles and Beelzebub.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:28 pm

What a CryBaby

https://twitter.com/heraldsunmick/status/603059976613986304

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:31 pm

regan is true fullback wrote:
I feel gutted, absolutely gutted, that a premiership coach of Collingwood could end up like this.

My only consolation is that he is free, and he no longer has to sup with Mephistopheles and Beelzebub.
What is that feeling like? I am glad to hear that you are gutted gutted that a premiership coach of Collingwood could end up like this.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:31 pm

John Wren wrote:
what does it matter lazza? the sacking today doesn't vindicate your position and neither does it necessarily mean the others were wrong.

JW, you didnt read my post properly dude. NOTHING wrong with having a different opinion on a Collingwood forum but you have no idea the amount of vitriolic posts and PM's I got abusing me for having a different view and NOT supporting the reappointment of MM.
Cast me in eternal sin if you like JW but geez it feels good to laugh at them now!! It's kinda like getting your own back on long time bullies!! Just me having my day in the sun mate, I bloody well deserve at least one day in the sun!! PLease JW...... Twisted Evil Razz Laughing

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:33 pm

regan is true fullback wrote:

There is something about being fully responsible for one's own actions...... Rolling Eyes

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:33 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
What a CryBaby

why would he want to be there?

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:36 pm

John Wren wrote:
i want to see him get his come comeuppance. perhaps leaving him there is just that.

What does it matter JW? the Trigg situation today doesn't vindicate your position and neither does it necessarily mean he was wrong.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:39 pm

Lazza wrote:
John Wren wrote:
i want to see him get his come comeuppance. perhaps leaving him there is just that.

What does it matter JW? the Trigg situation today doesn't vindicate your position and neither does it necessarily mean he was wrong.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:41 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
And who the hell is john barker, poor bugger, interim coach of a total basket case with worst list in the comp.

Again, devoid of ANY bloody logic. The scum have leaked a hell of a lot of goals and they appoint the defensive coach as the interim? WTF??? Shocked

Lazza 

John Wren wrote:

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Twisted Evil Razz Laughing Cool

Flashman 

John Wren wrote:
Flashman wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Flashman wrote:
John Wren wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
John Wren wrote:
trigg has to go.

Seriously?

not sure about 10 years. the rebuild would take about 5 years and they're about 12 months into it. i think mick could have taken through this period to get them competitive again.

They'd be doing amazingly well if they're competitive in 5 years I reckon.

Never say never of course but looking at the Suns situation reminds one of how hard it is to get these things right when relying on young talent to develop a good side. And Carlton haven't got the advantages the Suns were given.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:42 pm

John Wren wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
What a CryBaby

why would he want to be there?

To Say Goodbye to the Club and Thanks for giving him a chance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15   

Jump to: