Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Malthouse sacked!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

he is still bitter he aint coach us skills now the carlton players are his boys
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:45 pm

Mick had his mistakes like all coaches but he was a good coach he got us the flag we were all craving and then cost himself another flag in 2011. Whether it was because he was being too disruptive to himself in the media, or his ego got the best of him or even both who knows but we could have gone back to back and he could have gone out better.

Mick sadly went to the Blues for the very wrong reasons, and seems to believe when the others departed his days were numbered. It seemed it could have been, it's a shame for Mick, I don't like him never have maybe never will respect the work he did at the Pies but he shouldn't have comeback to coaching.

He should have taken a mentor role somewhere and helped a coach out, not been a senior coach.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:42 pm

Watching the Scum lose will never be the same.

To watch the Scum get beaten is great entertainment.
To watch them get flogged if fantastic
To watch them get flogged with MM the coach was even better.

And to think we only got the opportunity 5 times to beat MM whist he was at the Scum and we didn't disappoint.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:44 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
Ah well the Mick love brigade is in full swing. Enjoy your lovefest boys I'm outta this thread before I throw up.

That's pissweak. You're mistaking Malthouse love for a few people questioning a statement you made which made no sense.

Another case of 'don't drink and post' I reckon.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:28 pm

think positive wrote:
Is it though? He's a stubborn old bastard, was never keen on recycled players, and yet it's widely recognised that without ball and especially Jolly, we would not have won in 2010.

I cried for tarks, for Fraser, but with them in the team instead, we lose. We don't even make the grand final.

On the first part, not true—a fair number of our 2002 grand final squad were recycled players who'd come here under Mick's watch (O'Bree, Wakelin, Freeborn, Molloy, Clement, McKee and Steinfort), and one of his downfalls at Carlton seems to have been his dependence on rejects from other clubs.

Whether we wouldn't have won the premiership without Ball and Jolly is another question. It's hard to know; we were a pretty dominant team that year, and you surely can't put that all down to the first ruck and a midfielder. But even if they did end up proving the difference, I still can't see any convincing evidence that they were only picked up due to the succession plan. Has Mick or anyone else at the club ever hinted that this might have been the case?

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:41 pm

David wrote:
think positive wrote:
Is it though? He's a stubborn old bastard, was never keen on recycled players, and yet it's widely recognised that without ball and especially Jolly, we would not have won in 2010.

I cried for tarks, for Fraser, but with them in the team instead, we lose. We don't even make the grand final.

On the first part, not true—a fair number of our 2002 grand final squad were recycled players who'd come here under Mick's watch (O'Bree, Wakelin, Freeborn, Molloy, Clement, McKee and Steinfort), and one of his downfalls at Carlton seems to have been his dependence on rejects from other clubs.

Whether we wouldn't have won the premiership without Ball and Jolly is another question. It's hard to know; we were a pretty dominant team that year, and you surely can't put that all down to the first ruck and a midfielder. But even if they did end up proving the difference, I still can't see any convincing evidence that they were only picked up due to the succession plan. Has Mick or anyone else at the club ever hinted that this might have been the case?

david, why bother relitigating this? i admire your strnegth of conviction but what is going to be learnt that hasn't already been said in the other trillion malthouse bashing threads? these threads only serve to rehash everything that has been written previously.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:54 pm
Post subject: "Inadvertent": the new word forhandballing blame!Reply with quote

Interesting week to wade through all of the pulp, vitriol and spin from our ex revered 2010 premiership coach Mick Malthouse. In his latest interview with "junior Bruce" Gerard Whately he opined that the investigation into the "Betts" transfer to Adelaide affair was a media driven affair. Despite the fact that he went "off message" during his infamous SEN interview on Tuesday morning and effectively raised the whole saga.

In addition, he bizarrely said the notion of a "re build" was again "inadvertently" media driven when his own President and CEO exclaimed such a scenario after round 2 was to occur.

Mick has long suffered from selective memory, "emperors clothes" hubris and an unbelievable ability to deflect all concern to "my players, my assistant coaches, my family" all with a straight face when in fact he revels in being the "centre of attention".

He says he is fundamentally a "shy person" during a puff piece Q & A with Damien Barrett on channel 9. No Mick you just don't have the decency to treat people in the media or those seemingly subordinate to you with basic respect.

It all came home to roost this week. And when you say it "should have ended better", you are exactly right as you are a legendary coach. But not a good guy.

ps: thanks for 2000-2011 and best of luck.

bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:18 am
Post subject: Re: "Inadvertent": the new word forhandballing blaReply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
Interesting week to wade through all of the pulp, vitriol and spin from our ex revered 2010 premiership coach Mick Malthouse. In his latest interview with "junior Bruce" Gerard Whately he opined that the investigation into the "Betts" transfer to Adelaide affair was a media driven affair. Despite the fact that he went "off message" during his infamous SEN interview on Tuesday morning and effectively raised the whole saga.

In addition, he bizarrely said the notion of a "re build" was again "inadvertently" media driven when his own President and CEO exclaimed such a scenario after round 2 was to occur.

Mick has long suffered from selective memory, "emperors clothes" hubris and an unbelievable ability to deflect all concern to "my players, my assistant coaches, my family" all with a straight face when in fact he revels in being the "centre of attention".

He says he is fundamentally a "shy person" during a puff piece Q & A with Damien Barrett on channel 9. No Mick you just don't have the decency to treat people in the media or those seemingly subordinate to you with basic respect.

It all came home to roost this week. And when you say it "should have ended better", you are exactly right as you are a legendary coach. But not a good guy.

Well said. That interview put me to sleep. I fear that he's now going to join the media and we'll be forced to listen to more of his disingenuous bs. I don't think he's ego will allow him to quietly retire.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:05 am
Post subject: Re: "Inadvertent": the new word forhandballing blaReply with quote

inxs88 wrote:

That pretty much sums it up. Very good summary. And hopefully this is where the story now ends.

BHPIE 

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:25 am

Spot on inxs, spot on
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:04 pm

And so it came to pass that in the fourth year of the reign of Nathbuck the Great, the warrior king of the Magwood, the wicked rule of Micas the Blue of Carldonia came to an end. It was Trigg the Raven who did smite Micas for his treachery against Edbet the revered but mercenary elf whose prowess in battle was held in awe by the Carldonians.
And the heralds set forth across the Kingdom of Afel to tell the many tribes of the fall of Micas, and the people did sing and rejoice at the news and gave tribute to the fat squire Edguire who had foretold the slaying of Micas. Yet the traitor Daletom the Lame did weep at the passing of his evil master.
And far away in another land the mad priest Adam Nogood did dance on the green fields of Syndonium and taunt the sullen warriors of Carldonia.
And so ends the Third Book of Afel written in the fifteenth year of the new millennium.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:55 pm

AND, in a hundred years, it will still read, --

BUCKLEY - 5 MADHOUSE - 0 pies v scum. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:21 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
AND, in a hundred years, it will still read, --

BUCKLEY - 5 MADHOUSE - 0 pies v scum. !

AMEN!!!!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:15 pm

Woods wrote:
And so it came to pass that in the fourth year of the reign of Nathbuck the Great, the warrior king of the Magwood, the wicked rule of Micas the Blue of Carldonia came to an end. It was Trigg the Raven who did smite Micas for his treachery against Edbet the revered but mercenary elf whose prowess in battle was held in awe by the Carldonians.
And the heralds set forth across the Kingdom of Afel to tell the many tribes of the fall of Micas, and the people did sing and rejoice at the news and gave tribute to the fat squire Edguire who had foretold the slaying of Micas. Yet the traitor Daletom the Lame did weep at the passing of his evil master.
And far away in another land the mad priest Adam Nogood did dance on the green fields of Syndonium and taunt the sullen warriors of Carldonia.
And so ends the Third Book of Afel written in the fifteenth year of the new millennium.

Luv it! Very Happy
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:21 pm

Woods wrote:

Very good !😀

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15   

Jump to: