Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Malthouse sacked!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:20 pm
Post subject: Re: Well SaidReply with quote

dalyc wrote:

I don't know for sure but I suspect he is a caricature pot stirrer. I also suspect he's got other nick's logins. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the alter ego of a high profile mod. ( not Paul Weller )

Interesting.
A high profile mod.
No relation to Jack Spain or Hal?
Yes, he may have friends in high places - I think you are on to something Dalyc.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

droversdog65 wrote:
Viscious, poisonous boil on the butt of the body of football.

Couldn't have put it any better myself DD. A very nasty demeanour inside a flowery outside countenance.

Not ONE comment on Nick's about MM not keeping is word as a bond at Collingwood! Where was the integrity of the man in that fiasco? It was ALL about himself and his frequent lies, never about the club.

However the media are fickle, hypocritical reptiles. Now that they have got their trophy, they will again fawn all over him................ Rolling Eyes

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:09 pm

David wrote:
droversdog65 wrote:
Came to Pies and spent the best part of a decade compiling a list of middle of the road players before the board had said enough and it was only Eddie - you know the guy that Mick tore to shreds in a public forum - who stood up for him and put his presidency on the line to keep him there. It was only after this wakeup call that he started recruiting in earnest.

The same middle-of-the-road recruiting that led him to make premiership heroes out of unconventional players like Leigh Brown, Tyson Goldsack and Alan Toovey, all the while being bagged by fans (including your good self, most likely) who thought he had no idea what he was doing? That led him to coach a premiership side that contained no less than 6 players (including the captain) picked up in rookie drafts on his watch? But forget all that: we know for a fact that, had it not been for the succession plan, he wouldn't have jumped at the chance of getting an AFL champion like Luke Ball for nothing. Who would?

We also know that, had it not been for the succession plan, he would not have tried to do everything in his power to help us get a flag in 2010. Like most coaches, Mick doesn't care about winning. A good honest 5th placing would suffice. Anyhow, he wouldn't have had high expectations that year: a side that has just played finals four years in a row and finished in a prelim is clearly nowhere near its premiership window.

But let's shift our focus from 2010. Let's look at 2002, three years after the club's second wooden spoon and two years after finishing 15th, when he took a team of a couple of stars, a handful of honest triers and half a dozen rejects from other clubs to within 9 points of beating the dominant team of that era in a grand final. Useless! Or 2007, when the side nearly did the same against a rampaging Geelong team in a preliminary final. Or 2006-2011, six top 8 finishes in a row, four preliminary finals and two grand finals (ah, to experience such mediocrity again!). What a spud!

I'd love to get your unique take on other historical events.

Not to worry David you obviously have your own views which is what this forum is about.

Happy worshipping.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:38 pm

Worshipping? I just call it paying due respect to a servant of the club. Even putting success to one side, 12 years' service as a senior coach is something to applaud on its own, just like 12 years' service as a player.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:02 pm

Respect is a two way street.

Malthouse showed absolutely nothing but contempt and spite towards Eddie a man who backed him to the absolute hilt for a decade (in stark contrast to what Carltons board has done) and tried to facilitate an exit plan for him that would allow him a comfortable position and to leave coaching with the utmost dignity.

How about Malthouse's treatment of Buckley? He was the outstanding player for the majority of Malthouses tenure, a man whose consistency, professionalism and pursuit of excellence set a benchmark for the future stars of the 2010-11 era. He was the on field lieutenant for Malthouses off field general and how much respect has Mick shown him. The prick can't bring himself to shake Bucks' hand on breaking McHales record nor express a skerrick of appreciation towards him publicly.

You learn a lot about someone when things don't go how they wanted and we've learnt volumes about Malthouse's true character since 2011. He talks about respect but is incapable of showing any to those who truly warrant it because of a blatant narcissistic personality flaw.

I think it is hilarious what's happened to him, and if people think we "owe" him anything anymore I'd say Mick's existing bank balance is ample thanks for his time served at Collingwood now and nothing else is needed or warranted from us.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:17 pm

David wrote:
Worshipping? I just call it paying due respect to a servant of the club. Even putting success to one side, 12 years' service as a senior coach is something to applaud on its own, just like 12 years' service as a player.

ermm whatever - I make it a point never to discuss matters of faith to others.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:18 pm

Karma is a real bitch you ol sod, a real bitch. Choke on it.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:45 pm

Perhaps we would have more respect for him had he held his end of the bargain and honoured his contract, and not walk out in disgrace and bring our 2011 premiership campaign down with him. It was always about him and his bloody ego. Achievements aside, the guy is an egomaniac hell bent on destroying everything and everyone around him when he doesn't get his own way or when things aren't going right. He's a ruiner.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:48 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Karma is a real bitch you ol sod, a real bitch. Choke on it.

Always love your work Piesnchess... Twisted Evil Razz

Keep punching you bloody Nick's legend!! Laughing

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:50 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
Perhaps we would have more respect for him had he held his end of the bargain and honoured his contract, and not walk out in disgrace and bring our 2011 premiership campaign down with him. It was always about him and his bloody ego. Achievements aside, the guy is an egomaniac hell bent on destroying everything and everyone around him when he doesn't get his own way or when things aren't going right. He's a ruiner.

A few others and I have said the very same thing here using similar words but a few bleeding hearts choose to ignore such logical posts mate. What you say is SO clear and evident in MM's behaviours but the not so blind refuse to see it or acknowledge these facts. Rolling Eyes

malteaser 

Stanley Kubrick

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:11 pm

Carlton fc and MM = narcissism. Can't have two of them in one place, one wins the other .......

In terms of 2011, MM was one of the many reasons the season went belly up. He wasn't the sole reason we lost. Amazing we only lost to 1 team all year. Amazing season really, pity injuries, suspensions, coach, administration, poor players on the day, Geelongs amazing team that wanted revenge on how they ended 2010 on, Media and players and personalities who believed their own poo. amazing we kept up with Geelong in GF as long as we did.

MM for an old girl like me, is disappointed with many things about MM but can not feel disappointed with the run of finals (best team and club I have ever seen in 51 years) and happiness he bought me. Time will heal and in many years time gloss over the negative feelings we have for him at Pieland. I hope I bump into him one day and shake his hand. He smiled back at me on Copeland trophy night in 2010 when I said thank you to him. He knows what footy means to us lot, he is just an old man who is all smoke and mirrors.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:40 pm

Flashman wrote:
Respect is a two way street.

Malthouse showed absolutely nothing but contempt and spite towards Eddie a man who backed him to the absolute hilt for a decade (in stark contrast to what Carltons board has done) and tried to facilitate an exit plan for him that would allow him a comfortable position and to leave coaching with the utmost dignity.

How about Malthouse's treatment of Buckley? He was the outstanding player for the majority of Malthouses tenure, a man whose consistency, professionalism and pursuit of excellence set a benchmark for the future stars of the 2010-11 era. He was the on field lieutenant for Malthouses off field general and how much respect has Mick shown him. The prick can't bring himself to shake Bucks' hand on breaking McHales record nor express a skerrick of appreciation towards him publicly.

You learn a lot about someone when things don't go how they wanted and we've learnt volumes about Malthouse's true character since 2011. He talks about respect but is incapable of showing any to those who truly warrant it because of a blatant narcissistic personality flaw.

I think it is hilarious what's happened to him, and if people think we "owe" him anything anymore I'd say Mick's existing bank balance is ample thanks for his time served at Collingwood now and nothing else is needed or warranted from us.

Got it in one.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:47 pm

Lazza wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:

A few others and I have said the very same thing here using similar words but a few bleeding hearts choose to ignore such logical posts mate. What you say is SO clear and evident in MM's behaviours but the not so blind refuse to see it or acknowledge these facts. Rolling Eyes

some of "the blind" you accuse of not seeing mick's failing probably choose not to lower themselves by engaging in the vitriolic, vindictive and puerile abuse of public figures as if it is their god given right. does it make you feel better when the likes of you, chess boy and others post what you do? we're all humans, we all have our failings. we have all done things we wish we hadn't. if confronted with the same situation i am sure we'd approach it in many different ways and there's no guarantee we wouldn't react similarly.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:05 pm

John Wren wrote:
Lazza wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:

some of "the blind" you accuse of not seeing mick's failing probably choose not to lower themselves by engaging in the vitriolic, vindictive and puerile abuse of public figures as if it is their god given right. does it make you feel better when the likes of you, chess boy and others post what you do? we're all humans, we all have our failings. we have all done things we wish we hadn't. if confronted with the same situation i am sure we'd approach it in many different ways and there's no guarantee we wouldn't react similarly.

JW its a matter of paying the piper, Mick carried on like a spoiled brat that brings repercussions.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:08 pm

Karma.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 10 of 15   

Jump to: