Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Malthouse sacked!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be always up to individual thoughts and opinions. My feeling is that Eddie very cleverly dodged a huge bullet for the club by getting rid of MM who had lost all rational and logical thought process when he reneged on a done deal agreeing with the transition plan. We were extremely fortunate to have Eddie at the helm directing us away from this iceberg.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:01 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Just don't get this love for Mick Malthouse amongst our supporters. It wasn't till Eddie propped him up with a vastly improved football department in 2005 and removed his influence on recruitment, that he broke through with the premiership in 2010. Even then he was out coached by Ross Lyon in GF1 with a side that was at least 6 goals better than St.Kilda.
Why no love for Lee Matthews. He broke a 30 year drought with next to no back up and he didn't try to assassinate his successor and president on the way out. He has one more premiership as a coach having coached about 300 fewer games.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Agree with every word mate. Fantastic, logical post.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:16 am

magirl wrote:
Lets never forget he was a coach of a premiership Collingwood side. Pretty rare in my lifetime. Only two flags in my life. Born in 1960. Despite all of my disdain in the end I feel for him. Not a nice way to go out. Wish he had stayed with us and be remembered in the way he deserved.

Some very fair points made here but putting it simply, HE chose to leave a well paid job offer from Collingwood. End of story. We gave him the perfect opportunity to retire gracefully but his huge bloody ego, bad attitude and utter nastiness in wanting to "get back" at Collingwood for some silly perceived ill treatment wouldn't let him do this. Who was responsible for the situation? Clearly MM.

To all those bleeding hearts proclaiming love for MM, HE is totally responsible for his actions and very poor decisions that led him to get his comeuppance yesterday Rolling Eyes

Museman 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:24 am

droversdog65 wrote:
What is truly sad is that the Mick acolytes are still blind to his many failings.

Firstly as a Collingwood premiership coach he has my gratitude for that.

But that is all.

His infantile posturing toward the end of the '11 season and his petulant refusal to move an obviously injured Reid off a rampaging Tommahwk can have only one interpretation. . . spite.

His decision to coach Carlton was born too out of pure spite.

Again the poaching of his little lap dog Daisy had no motivation other than spite.

As a player he was a thug, in the box he was an ego maniac and when he knew his time was coming to an end he became a bitter, twisted and malignant cancer.

The only cloud on my sunshine today is that there are still enough blind worshippers that he will walk into commentary and speaking engagements and be listened to as if he actually had something worthwhile to listen to.

I'm with ya.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:27 am
Post subject: Re: It could've been us...Reply with quote

WarrenerraW wrote:
I was thinking to myself what if we kept Mick on as a senior coach and didn't make the change when we did. Where would we be at now as team? Would we be any better or worse than a mid-tier team rebuilding? Would we have recruited the players we did and moved on we ones we had to move on? You can hang around for too long and that's essentially what happened in MM's case I reckon. I'm not undermining what he achieved with us, but the writing was clearly on the wall and those in the know who made the call saw it. He achieved what he could at the Pies, but his time was up - literally. Be it his health was taking a turn or the game was passing him by.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it. Maybe Eddie wanted Buck's and that's it.
Carlscum are a rabble now with a team that would struggle against the auskick all-stars. That could very nearly have been us in the scum's position right now. Imagine the Pies sacking MM the way the scum have just done. Imagine Eddie on the warpath and senior players throwing tantrums.

Mick's public display of contempt for his employer highlights the ego and selfishness of the man. He forced the scums hand and made them pull the trigger. Why not walk. Just leave and be done with it because you know yourself that you're done. Why turn it into a big spectacle. I reckon the Pies saw this coming and acted fast. He is/was and always will be a ticking time bomb. Anyway just my thoughts.

Will he get the rest of his contract paid out because of being sacked? Would he have been paid out if he resigned?

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:28 am

they will honour (pay out) the remainder of his contract.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:31 am

John Wren wrote:
they will honour (pay out) the remainder of his contract.

I thought so.
So now he gets the rest of the season off, a handy payout, and doesn't have to be the one receiving the spoon at the end of the season. Well played, you old dog.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:36 am
Post subject: Re: Well SaidReply with quote

Greening gold wrote:
Hiss wrote:
David wrote:
Sad way for the competition's longest-serving coach to leave the game. But 95% of coaches get sacked at some point or other.

As for the gloaters, I hope you'll offer a little more respect to a club legend once the dust has settled. He was a great Collingwood coach, and I'll always have a soft spot for him. Failing at Carlton only endeared him to me more. Twisted Evil

Yes well said. The problem with our Club is we have a huge number of ferals among our supporter base. They get on sites like this and bag one of our greatest ever coaches and show him no gratitude or respect for getting us a Premiership. These people convince me why democracy cannot work. When you give peasants the right to free speech you get feral outcomes. They are peasants for a good reason. Its natures way of making a judgement to where they fit in. We allow ferals to voice views and this is a problem. They should have no rights at all. Non ferals believe MM was a great coach and believe Collingwood owes him a lot.

How do you define a "feral"? Someone who disagrees with you? What's a "peasant"? What are the qualities and characteristics that you possess that make you a non-peasant? Can ferals ever graduate to your status?
Why do you write such inane rants?
And why am I bothering to respond. If the biggest contestant always wins and this is fight between idiots, you win.

Can someone please enlighten me on Hiss.
Is he a first class stirrer that loves taking the mickey out of every post.
I don't say that in a negative way.
For years now I always thought he was just an outlier on this board.
But now I'm not sure.
What is the real Hiss? Does he just post for fun and to get a bite?

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:50 am

I always come back to this...

We did it Mick.jpg

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:05 pm

Are you a student?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:10 pm

makri wrote:
should have been sacked n '03 after that GF debacle. Still convinced he had very little to do with the make up of the side after 05/06. Going from a team that had recycled West Cost (mates??) hacks like Andrew Williams and the Chads to actually building a team around the gun recruits we picked up like Pendles and Thomas.

As player he will be remembered as a thug. As coach he had very little success at Footscray. At WCE the innuendo surrounding that team's fitness regime will never go away. At Collingwood he ended up being moved along as surplus to requirement. And at Carlton the wheels well and truly fell off. Yet this bloke has taken Jock's record. Good riddance.

A truly ridiculous attempt at historical revisionism. His results speak for themselves.

He should have retired after 2011. But that's Carlton's problem, not ours.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:38 pm

David wrote:
makri wrote:
should have been sacked n '03 after that GF debacle. Still convinced he had very little to do with the make up of the side after 05/06. Going from a team that had recycled West Cost (mates??) hacks like Andrew Williams and the Chads to actually building a team around the gun recruits we picked up like Pendles and Thomas.

As player he will be remembered as a thug. As coach he had very little success at Footscray. At WCE the innuendo surrounding that team's fitness regime will never go away. At Collingwood he ended up being moved along as surplus to requirement. And at Carlton the wheels well and truly fell off. Yet this bloke has taken Jock's record. Good riddance.

A truly ridiculous attempt at historical revisionism. His results speak for themselves.

He should have retired after 2011. But that's Carlton's problem, not ours.

LOL you have to be kidding.

Check the record.

Did SFA at Footscray.

Went to the Eagles when they were the AFL's darling and had every resource and advantage the AFL could throw at him. When he left to come to the Pies he left a toxic culture behind him - as he did here.

Came to Pies and spent the best part of a decade compiling a list of middle of the road players before the board had said enough and it was only Eddie - you know the guy that Mick tore to shreds in a public forum - who stood up for him and put his presidency on the line to keep him there. It was only after this wakeup call that he started recruiting in earnest.

Went to the Blooz and turned them from a sometime contending club to a cesspool.

Yeah he has a record all right.

A record of destroying every club that has nurtured him.

Viscious, poisonous boil on the butt of the body of football.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:03 pm
Post subject: Re: Well SaidReply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
Greening gold wrote:
Hiss wrote:
David wrote:
Sad way for the competition's longest-serving coach to leave the game. But 95% of coaches get sacked at some point or other.

As for the gloaters, I hope you'll offer a little more respect to a club legend once the dust has settled. He was a great Collingwood coach, and I'll always have a soft spot for him. Failing at Carlton only endeared him to me more. Twisted Evil

Yes well said. The problem with our Club is we have a huge number of ferals among our supporter base. They get on sites like this and bag one of our greatest ever coaches and show him no gratitude or respect for gettin
g us a Premiership. These people convince me why democracy cannot work. When you give peasants the right to free speech you get feral outcomes. They are peasants for a good reason. Its natures way of making a judgement to where they fit in. We allow ferals to voice views and this is a problem. They should have no rights at all. Non ferals believe MM was a great coach and believe Collingwood owes him a lot.

How do you define a "feral"? Someone who disagrees with you? What's a "peasant"? What are the qualities and characteristics that you possess that make you a non-peasant? Can ferals ever graduate to your status?
Why do you write such inane rants?
And why am I bothering to respond. If the biggest contestant always wins and this is fight between idiots, you win.

Can someone please enlighten me on Hiss.
Is he a first class stirrer that loves taking the mickey out of every post.
I don't say that in a negative way.
For years now I always thought he was just an outlier on this board.
But now I'm not sure.
What is the real Hiss? Does he just post for fun and to get a bite?

I don't know for sure but I suspect he is a caricature pot stirrer. I also suspect he's got other nick's logins. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the alter ego of a high profile mod. ( not Paul Weller )

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:14 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
Came to Pies and spent the best part of a decade compiling a list of middle of the road players before the board had said enough and it was only Eddie - you know the guy that Mick tore to shreds in a public forum - who stood up for him and put his presidency on the line to keep him there. It was only after this wakeup call that he started recruiting in earnest.

The same middle-of-the-road recruiting that led him to make premiership heroes out of unconventional players like Leigh Brown, Tyson Goldsack and Alan Toovey, all the while being bagged by fans (including your good self, most likely) who thought he had no idea what he was doing? That led him to coach a premiership side that contained no less than 6 players (including the captain) picked up in rookie drafts on his watch? But forget all that: we know for a fact that, had it not been for the succession plan, he wouldn't have jumped at the chance of getting an AFL champion like Luke Ball for nothing. Who would?

We also know that, had it not been for the succession plan, he would not have tried to do everything in his power to help us get a flag in 2010. Like most coaches, Mick doesn't care about winning. A good honest 5th placing would suffice. Anyhow, he wouldn't have had high expectations that year: a side that has just played finals four years in a row and finished in a prelim is clearly nowhere near its premiership window.

But let's shift our focus from 2010. Let's look at 2002, three years after the club's second wooden spoon and two years after finishing 15th, when he took a team of a couple of stars, a handful of honest triers and half a dozen rejects from other clubs to within 9 points of beating the dominant team of that era in a grand final. Useless! Or 2007, when the side nearly did the same against a rampaging Geelong team in a preliminary final. Or 2006-2011, six top 8 finishes in a row, four preliminary finals and two grand finals (ah, to experience such mediocrity again!). What a spud!

I'd love to get your unique take on other historical events.

Last edited by David on Wed May 27, 2015 1:27 pm; edited 4 times in total
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:17 pm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/mick-malthouses-coaching-career-comes-crashing-down-at-carlton/story-fni5f5nx-1227370335690

Like father, like traitor Thomas......

Why oh why don't these people smell the flowers instead of constantly being in bloody denial??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 9 of 15   

Jump to: