Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 7 - Coburg vs Collingwood at Coburg City Oval

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Was great to see DAVID at they Game Today Very Happy
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:23 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Defender wrote:
For the love of God guys can you please leave the commentary to magpiebat, I appreciate you're only trying to help but you're making the thread nigh on unreadable.

I didn't have the same problem. Once I adjusted to three people saying BK kicked a goal it was really easy & good to get three posts on it.

Merely an adjustment.

Mind you there is a psychiatric disorder called adjustment disorder or one can have a adjustment reaction:

"Adjustment disorder is a short-term condition that occurs when a person has great difficulty coping with, or adjusting to, a particular source of stress, such as a major life change, loss, or event. In 2013, the mental health diagnostic system technically changed the name of "adjustment disorder" to "stress response syndrome."

Because people with an adjustment disorder/stress response syndrome often have some of the symptoms of clinical depression, such as tearfulness, feelings of hopelessness, and loss of interest in work or activities, adjustment disorder is sometimes informally called "situational depression." Unlike major depression, however, an adjustment disorder doesn't involve as many of the physical and emotional symptoms of clinical depression (such as changes in sleep, appetite and energy) or high levels of severity (such as suicidal thinking or behavior).

The type of stress that can trigger an adjustment disorder/stress response syndrome varies depending on the person, but can include:

Ending of a relationship or marriage
Losing or changing job
Death of a loved one
Developing a serious illness (yourself or a loved one)
Being a victim of a crime
Having an accident
Undergoing a major life change (such as getting married, having a baby, or retiring from a job)
Living through a disaster, such as a fire, flood, or hurricane"
Multiple entries on Nicks VFL when a player kicks a goal
(sic) from:

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/mental-health-adjustment-disorder

You sound like a man of experience.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:32 pm

Interesting in last Qtr they Put Big Cox down back and he did repeal some attacks by Punching the Ball away
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:35 am

Defender wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Defender wrote:
For the love of God guys can you please leave the commentary to magpiebat, I appreciate you're only trying to help but you're making the thread nigh on unreadable.

I didn't have the same problem. Once I adjusted to three people saying BK kicked a goal it was really easy & good to get three posts on it.

Merely an adjustment.

Mind you there is a psychiatric disorder called adjustment disorder or one can have a adjustment reaction:

"Adjustment disorder is a short-term condition that occurs when a person has great difficulty coping with, or adjusting to, a particular source of stress, such as a major life change, loss, or event. In 2013, the mental health diagnostic system technically changed the name of "adjustment disorder" to "stress response syndrome."

Because people with an adjustment disorder/stress response syndrome often have some of the symptoms of clinical depression, such as tearfulness, feelings of hopelessness, and loss of interest in work or activities, adjustment disorder is sometimes informally called "situational depression." Unlike major depression, however, an adjustment disorder doesn't involve as many of the physical and emotional symptoms of clinical depression (such as changes in sleep, appetite and energy) or high levels of severity (such as suicidal thinking or behavior).

The type of stress that can trigger an adjustment disorder/stress response syndrome varies depending on the person, but can include:

Losing or changing job
Death of a loved one
Having an accident
Undergoing a major life change (such as getting married, having a baby, or retiring from a job)
(sic) from:

Just putting the multiple entries in context Wink

I liked it - different views (once u got used to it)

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:59 am

watt price tully wrote:
Defender wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Defender wrote:

Merely an adjustment.

Losing or changing job
Death of a loved one
Having an accident
(sic) from:

Just putting the multiple entries in context Wink

I liked it - different views (once u got used to it)

It's all good, I guess I'll have to get used to it.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 5:21 am

Player reviews...

2. Sam Dwyer
Only played the second half, due to being the designated carry-over emergency. Was quite serviceable in his limited game time. Will hopefully play a full game next week.

7. Ben Kennedy
My vote for Best on Ground. Pretty much picked up where he left off. Just kept on getting and winning the ball. Kept on running and running and running, often starting a chain and powering up the ground to act as a repeated link in it. Some of his kicking was exquisite to watch, but some of it was also at the other end of the scale as well (kicking balls over the heads of leading forwards like Abbott and Still).

You wouldn't have known he had a quad strain a fortnight ago. Magnet is well and truly on the board off that game.

12. Matthew Scharenberg
Serviceable once again off half back. Inch by inch, he continues to improve and gain a little bit more confidence every game. Was one of our tidier users for the day. Reading of the play is just superb. He will be such a wonderful player for us when he comes on, which is still some time away...

14. Clinton Young
Was introduced into the game after quarter time. On today's outing however, he is a fair way off it. Added some more run, but committed some rookie mistakes that cost us 1 or 2 goals. Good to see him back though. It's better that he is playing than not at all.

17. Jonathan Marsh
In my opinion, he made our bests again. Took the game on a bit more in a rebound/counter-attack sense, with a few blistering runs down the middle/up the wing. Kicking once again was hit and miss. The remarks earlier about his kicking holding him back from being a weapon for us are spot on.

With Moore apparently returning next week and Reid seemingly on an extended tour of duty with the VFL side, it will be interesting to see how Marsh goes in a likely 3rd defender role as opposed to a KPD...

20. Ben Reid
He survived. That's it.

Actually, no, there's a bit more to it than that.

Played the first three quarters and was generally quite good. Moved pretty well. Was neat enough with his kicking and generally tended to keep whoever he was on under control.

Will not play before the bye though, which sets up the interesting prospect next week of a possible Dawes vs Reid contest, depending on whether the Demons elect to tamper with a working (or was, at least prior to this week) senior forward structure...

27. Tony Armstrong
Was quite decent, I thought. Played the majority of the game as a spare man in defence, which I guess is probably the role which fits him best. Was one of our better users for the day and did a few good things. Had a terrific moment where he rode a bump well, pin-wheeled off the guy, gave a 'don't argue' to another and got the ball away in the nick of time. Had the play resulted in a goal, you could have just as well credited it to him.

One of the better games I have seen him play. Well done.

29. Timothy Broomhead
Our 2nd best on, and deservedly so. Formed a lethal combination on the ball with Mason Cox, particularly at Forward 50 stoppages, where two of his goals came from. Ball use was excellent and just seemed to keep finding the footy. He played like a kid indignant at his omission from the seniors and who wanted to do something about it.

A return to form after a quiet few games in the ones. Will need to back it up next week...

33. Patrick Karnezis
Played mostly from a wing, with turns in the middle and, in the final term, an assignment as a loose man in defence. Speaking as a fan of the bloke, I have to say, I was quite underwhelmed with his performance in all three roles. Unlike Broomhead and Kennedy, Patty did not play with any real sense of urgency. Got run down once or twice when he should not have, for example, and his defensive pressure was near non-existent, even by his questionable standards.

Kicked the 3 goals, which is a tribute to his skill as a finisher, but I do have to chuckle at his inclusion in the official bests. Has a fair bit of work to do before he is back in contention again.

37. Brayden Maynard
Was quite serviceable from half back. Provided some good rebound and some decent defensive efforts. Wore a slight knock or two, but he seems to love the physical stuff. Quietly enjoying watching him play and develop.

38. Matthew Goodyear
The one goal aside, I had to look for him to see him out there. Seemed to be spending a fair bit of time forward this week, which is interesting. Will need to find a bit of a niche there over the next few games, I suspect, with Greenwood still to come into the side and De Goey every chance of being back at this level soon.

39. Michael Manteit
As with Goodyear, I really can't say I noticed much of Manteit, but from what I did see of him he seemed to perform competently enough. Sorry I can't be more expansive than that.

41. Brendan Abbott
Best game for us so far. Really has become an important cog in that front half as an undersized marking target. Kicked the two goals, some really good defensive intent and, from my rough estimate, seemed to pick up a bit more of the ball this time around. Tracking nicely.

44. Corey Gault
Another workman's game playing predominately at CHF for Corey, while also finding himself with some time behind the ball as a defender. Only returned the 1 goal (from a decent enough leading mark), but as with the seniors, he complemented the forward structure quite nicely, despite not really troubling the scorers.

46. Mason Cox
Still ticking along at a decent enough rate. I'd hazard a guess and say he won the raw hitout count against Tom Goodwin, while Goodwin probably won the contest for disposals around the ground. Again though, Mason continues to impress me in the defensive, 1%er side of his game, such as coming across to create 2v1 contests and spoiling.

This was probably the easiest match-up Mason has had so far this year. He certainly faces a much tougher (likely) assignment next week in the out-of-favour Mark Jamar...

From our VFL boys...

- Michael Still kicked his third haul of four goals in as many weeks, taking him to 16 on the Frosty Miller Medal ladder and, for the next few hours anyway, equal second place with Jack Redpath and Sam Dunnell. Redpath getting to play a soft kill in Frankston will likely see him skip out to a healthy lead over the competition again later today, but it's good to see a Collingwood man back among the leaderboard a leading goal kicker award. Him and Gault are quickly becoming almost the ideal VFL pairing...

- Gus Borthwick turned in another tidy game. Certainly doesn't take a backward step. Wore a decent hit at one stage which drew blood. Drifted forward a bit and displayed some nice crumbing nous to kick his sole major. Has been a decent find by the recruiters. Has now played 4 games as 23rd man (5 is the limit). Will be interesting to see if they use up his last game next week, or if he plays inside the first 22, which will be a challenge in itself, considering there are AFL-listers on the way back...

- It's a collective mention, but the firm of Hellier, Moloney and Williams continue to deliver. Moloney is a tackling machine, Hellier helps keep the pressure up in the midfield and Williams run and carry is such a weapon for us. All 3 are as close to locks for this side as you can get for VFL listers. Which will make things quite interesting in the next couple of weeks so far as selection goes, as we cater for an influx of returning AFL-listers. But I'm sure Davoren will find a way to remedy that...

We're now 4-2 with an extra 9.6% in the bank and back into the 8, with a big 50/50 game looming against the 9th placed Casey next week. Do yourselves a favour, if your in the south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne, get down to Casey Fields next week. Should be an absolute cracker.

Last edited by MagpieBat on Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:09 am; edited 3 times in total
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 5:27 am

dalyc wrote:
Funny but I was thinking sort of the same thing. But as a positive suggestion maybe the "team" of commentators can divvy the call up a bit. Someone doing scores, one running general commentary, another special comments?

Also, we don't get much of a feel for how the defenders are going unless they've started an attacking move that results in a goal. Someone talking from defensive aspect would be good rather that "goal to tigers".

Please note that I am pleased to get what you guys offer up and I know you're not getting paid or anything for the effort you put in. Just putting some suggestions forward but concede might take coordination.

Valid points, dalyc. Feedback always welcome.

I'd be happy to try work something like this with Kosh or Pies4Shaw, if they wanted.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:01 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Interesting in last Qtr they Put Big Cox down back and he did repeal some attacks by Punching the Ball away

he might have drfited back there but i don't believe it was an intentional move.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:36 am

Top marks to all contributors, it's nice to read back and get a feel for how the game transpired. Great result too, aside from a dearth of senior listed KPFs it looks as though our depth is beginning to shine. Excited by the reports on BK, Broomy, Abbott, Marsh and encouraged with Reidy. Well done!
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 2:49 pm

Thanks MB for your player review.
I always look forward to your comments.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 5:44 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Thanks MB for your player review.
I always look forward to your comments.

Thanks thompsoc.

Smile

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:52 pm

Stats, courtesy of BigFooty user boxy99:

Broomhead, 41 disposals.
Kennedy, 38 disposals.

Boom. Shocked Very Happy Cool

Last edited by MagpieBat on Sun May 31, 2015 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:05 pm

Wow, nearly 80 disposals to BenKen and Broomy.
That is fantastic.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:23 pm

Replay's up:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-05-30/vfl-r4-pies-v-coburg-1st-quarter

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-05-30/vfl-r4-pies-v-coburg-2nd-quarter

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-05-30/vfl-r4-pies-v-coburg-3rd-quarter

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-05-30/vfl-r4-pies-v-coburg-4th-quarter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14   

Jump to: