Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 7 - Coburg vs Collingwood at Coburg City Oval

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

MagpieBat wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Thanks for all the updates MuslimBat and Kosher.

Uh... okay.

Confused

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=53884&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1275

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:34 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
dalyc wrote:
Based on what you saw today, is Reid anywhere near fitness and form to return to the ones?

Nope.

I mean, he moved okay, was generally tidy with the footy and did his job in the team, but if he' not playing 4 quarters of VFL, then he's not running out 4 quarters of AFL.

Won't be back before the bye, IMO...

I would have thought he'd need 4-5 matches at least in the VFL & almost all of those at 4 qtrs.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:35 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
dalyc wrote:
Based on what you saw today, is Reid anywhere near fitness and form to return to the ones?

Nope.

I mean, he moved okay, was generally tidy with the footy and did his job in the team, but if he' not playing 4 quarters of VFL, then he's not running out 4 quarters of AFL.

That was always the plan for Reid though wasn't it.

Nice to hear you're wearing your AFL endorsed Pies hijab to the games.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:50 pm

jackcass wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
dalyc wrote:

Nope.

That was always the plan for Reid though wasn't it.

Nice to hear you're wearing your AFL endorsed Pies hijab to the games.

Yeah, you're right. Only way to do it.

And I see what swoop was alluding to. Amusing... Razz

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:52 pm

Thanks to MB, K, P4S amongst others.

At work & only got moments to look through.

Great result.

Looks like my man Abbott is doing all right.

BTW, how did young Scharenberg (brother of younger Jonty) go today?

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:54 pm

"Marsh is ridiculously quick and could be a real weapon in a couple of years."

Maybe he'll be everything we wanted Rusling to be.
Rusling. Sad

Last edited by Dangles on Sat May 30, 2015 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:56 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Thanks to MB, K, P4S amongst others.

At work & only got moments to look through.

Great result.

Looks like my man Abbott is doing all right.

BTW, how did young Scharenberg (brother of younger Jonty) go today?

Thanks, as always, MB. By the way, WPT, I was able to get around to the "canteen" after the game. Pies are $4.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 7:27 pm

I thought Kennedy, Marsh and Abbott were the most impressive on the park today. As others have said, Reid is well away from senior footy. He is quite a reasonable player, though, isn't he?

Broomy remains a difficult mix of the excellent and the not-so-good. I don't think his attack on the ball in dispute or the opponent with the ball is quite effective enough - he still doesn't look to me to be sufficiently strong to play consistent 4-quarter AFL footy. Certainly not saying he won't get there (I think he will) but he just doesn't yet have the physique to do the defensive things - a few of the Coburg centre clearances were straight through where he was and a couple resulted in easy goals.

Clinton Young also needs quite a few runs. Gault did some good things but not enough of them to press for senior selection on merit. Maynard and Shaz looked solid and are continuing to improve, week by week. Tony Armstrong was solid and his attack on the contest and his tackling are improving.

PK was extremely disappointing. As Kosh said to me when the game ended, PK kicked 3 - and it might look on paper like he had a good game - but he was barely sighted until it was over. He is a good finisher, though - basically he had 3 chances and took them. He has all the necessary skills and there is certainly a senior spot for him, if he wants it enough. He must do more than he did today, though.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 7:29 pm

For the love of God guys can you please leave the commentary to magpiebat, I appreciate you're only trying to help but you're making the thread nigh on unreadable.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 7:32 pm

Defender wrote:
For the love of God guys can you please leave the commentary to magpiebat, I appreciate you're only trying to help but you're making the thread nigh on unreadable.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Carry on, though.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:21 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Defender wrote:

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Carry on, though.

Funny but I was thinking sort of the same thing. But as a positive suggestion maybe the "team" of commentators can divvy the call up a bit. Someone doing scores, one running general commentary, another special comments?

Also, we don't get much of a feel for how the defenders are going unless they've started an attacking move that results in a goal. Someone talking from defensive aspect would be good rather that "goal to tigers".

Please note that I am pleased to get what you guys offer up and I know you're not getting paid or anything for the effort you put in. Just putting some suggestions forward but concede might take coordination.

Kosh 

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:27 pm

Best - Kennedy, Marsh, Abbot, Broomie, Dead Eye Still.

Worth mentioning in dispatches - Gault, Wallin, Gussie Borthwick, Shaz, TA & Cox.

Cox is a remarkable athlete. He is improving week to week.

Happy Reid survived with all his limbs intact. I must say this is the best he has looked in 18 months. He is clearly not fit, but he moved freely.

Disappointments: PK kicked 3 and good on him, but his effort level is not good enough for an aspiring, senior AFL footballer. He is class above when he wants to be, which is exactly the issue.

Hat Tip to the Bat, who puts in the hard yards week in & week out.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:19 pm

Defender wrote:

I didn't have the same problem. Once I adjusted to three people saying BK kicked a goal it was really easy & good to get three posts on it.

Merely an adjustment.

Mind you there is a psychiatric disorder called adjustment disorder or one can have a adjustment reaction:

"Adjustment disorder is a short-term condition that occurs when a person has great difficulty coping with, or adjusting to, a particular source of stress, such as a major life change, loss, or event. In 2013, the mental health diagnostic system technically changed the name of "adjustment disorder" to "stress response syndrome."

Because people with an adjustment disorder/stress response syndrome often have some of the symptoms of clinical depression, such as tearfulness, feelings of hopelessness, and loss of interest in work or activities, adjustment disorder is sometimes informally called "situational depression." Unlike major depression, however, an adjustment disorder doesn't involve as many of the physical and emotional symptoms of clinical depression (such as changes in sleep, appetite and energy) or high levels of severity (such as suicidal thinking or behavior).

The type of stress that can trigger an adjustment disorder/stress response syndrome varies depending on the person, but can include:

Ending of a relationship or marriage
Losing or changing job
Death of a loved one
Developing a serious illness (yourself or a loved one)
Being a victim of a crime
Having an accident
Undergoing a major life change (such as getting married, having a baby, or retiring from a job)
Living through a disaster, such as a fire, flood, or hurricane"
Multiple entries on Nicks VFL when a player kicks a goal
(sic) from:

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/mental-health-adjustment-disorder

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:22 pm

dalyc wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Defender wrote:

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Carry on, though.

Funny but I was thinking sort of the same thing. But as a positive suggestion maybe the "team" of commentators can divvy the call up a bit. Someone doing scores, one running general commentary, another special comments?

Also, we don't get much of a feel for how the defenders are going unless they've started an attacking move that results in a goal. Someone talking from defensive aspect would be good rather that "goal to tigers".

Please note that I am pleased to get what you guys offer up and I know you're not getting paid or anything for the effort you put in. Just putting some suggestions forward but concede might take coordination.

Yep, I too appreciate the effort the guys put in but we don't need 2-3 people calling the game, makes it really hard to follow, it would be great if we could get a bit of structure between the guys good enough to offer their time to give us an insight into the game.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
partypie 

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:31 pm

Thanks for the efforts letting others know what's happening in the VFL. I didn't have a problem following the different posters and enjoyed reading the different perspectives. Please don't change a thing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14   

Jump to: