Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Complaint about double standards from TP

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
As for the cuts you made, once again, you cut my comments but not the initial ones that's starts all the fights. Complaining to the umpires about an umpire will get me where? I pointed out what I consider bullying. I guess it's ok to bully if you do it with 'big' words. Or you vote with the umpire.

Jo, the point is that if you have a complaint, this isn't the right place to bring it up. If you're unhappy with the 'umpiring', there's a place for that to be discussed, too (General Feedback, which is where this discussion will be moved). But at the end of the day, as my Mum always used to say, this isn't a democracy, it's a (somewhat) benign dictatorship.

Last edited by David on Mon May 25, 2015 12:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:58 am

David wrote:
Jo, the point is that if you have a complaint, this isn't the right place to bring it up. If you're unhappy with the 'umpiring', there's a place for that to be discussed, too (General Feedback). But at the end of the day, as my Mum always used to say, this isn't a democracy, it's a (somewhat) benign dictatorship.
The end of the day as his or her Mum used to say this isn't a democracy it's a benign dictatorship is where it's at.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:31 pm

David wrote:
Discussion about double standards in moderation moved here:

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=77124

Fair enough. Now can you please also remove the condescending post/s by PTID, as I find them extremely offensive.i do not appreciate having my character assassinated on a regular basis, even if in 'fun'.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:55 pm

Jo, you'll have to clarify what you mean by 'condescending'. What is it exactly about his posts that you find offensive? If you could provide examples, it will make this easier to discuss.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:53 pm

seriously?
did you read his post above before you deleted it!!

sigh, i really cant be bothered. im not the only one sick of his condescending answers, hes a bully. bottom line the tavern used to be a fun place to have a discussion, about anything and everything. it no longer is and the number of posts, the variety of posters is dropping off. by allowing his digs, and snipping everyones replies because they are "too aussie", your just enabling him.

as for put him on ignore, have you seen what that does to your screen? yes i tried, it makes nicks impossible to read.

he may end up the king of the castle, the last one standing, but all that means is the minions went elsewhere.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:16 pm

^To clarify for others, do you mean the post responding to you calling me "$&%&-% vermin", where I said, something like: Like a raccoon kind of vermin? Having just come back from the US I can tell you they're quite cute and intelligent. After which I posted a cute pic of a baby raccoon followed by the large bold text "Hi, TP"?

Or are you referring to the post where I said sarcastically that the Classical Greeks and our own Peter Singer should step aside now because of your ethical system which posits that using long words is less ethical than repeating political deceit and propaganda about the lives and deaths and livelihoods of vulnerable refugees without conducting due dilligence on such?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: