Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Pig

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:19 pm
Post subject: The PigReply with quote

Great to see a couple of our much-maligned players have big nights, Goldy was brilliant, White was heroic, Fasolo was wonderful, and Varcoe was probably only shaded by the incredible performance of our 200 game captain for Best on.

But once again the game was marred for Magpie fans by the unbelievably one-sided barracking from 'commentator' Jason 'Piggy' Dunstall. On a night when Clokey, yet again, was given all of zero free kicks, despite earning half a dozen, while the Suns Big forward managed 3, and when once again, we won every stat except the free kick count despite a 69 point flogging, Dunstall found a new level in his ridiculously obvious Collingwood hating.

In the second when GCS got to within 10 points, Jason was getting palpably excited. His voice was going up a key or two, and his excitement was echoed by his little apprentice Brown. Then, it happened.
We kicked a goal that ended their run of 3 or 4 goals, and though there was a free paid, we would've kicked it anyway, but Jase went Bunta! He yelled and moaned and sooked and sulked!!! At one point he got so upset he couldn’t talk and Doofus Brown had to think of something to say! He absolutely lost it! For the rest of the game (there was nothing to be happy about until the last 2 minutes) he would pick the odd Magpie out for a bit of praise, but not a WORD about Collingwood as a team. Just a lot about how gold Coast were missing most of their stars (which was true), and how these kids would get better.
Meanwhile we were pulling off some incredible party tricks! Jess White pulled down a one-handed pack mark in front of goal, Billy Elliot did the same at the other end, just casually sticking out a mit. But no excitement from the box.

The Point: How on earth can they ban Eddie from calling Collingwood games, and let this idiot call any game he wants? Last night would've been way more exciting with Eddie calling, and most of the viewers would've been Pie fans anyway. Eddie (when not deliberately doing a 'Collingwood' call) is a totally fair commentator and gets just as excited when the other side does something great, as he does for Collingwood. he is able to control his emotions extremely well (given the circumstances), and doesn't sulk when we lose. (Frankly I don't know how he does it, no one I know would dare talk to me when Collingwood's lost!).

But Dunnystall has to go, you can't have that obvious a hatred of one side and be expected to call that sides games fairly, it was a disgrace!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:34 pm
Post subject: Re: The PigReply with quote

35forever wrote:
In the second when GCS got to within 10 points, Jason was getting palpably excited. His voice was going up a key or two, and his excitement was echoed by his little apprentice Brown.

Commentators always cheer for the team that's behind because they want to see a close game.

Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dumbstall was a disgrace last night. Bring back Red for Ed.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:51 pm

Ditto, Duff.

I had the biggest laugh at Dunstall's near hysterical outburst.

I cannot understand why you, 35 (and others) get your knickers so twisted over this stuff. Really. Other than identifying some players, I hardly hear the comms other comments.

Actually, I'm so sick of the constant analysis by the comms (thank all the footy gods that Roos isn't commentating any more), I just don't listen.

I would just say, "Hey Jason. Look at the scoreboard, mate" and laugh at him. Smile

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:03 pm

Thanks for keeping it brief 35f !! Laughing Laughing
And yes, I agree, especially with the bit about Ed. Very professional when he was doing our games, but I don't know how he did it, I would've lost it......
I remember a game against Port Aqua, (might've been the Kane Cornes middle finger game in 2002), where they beat us by less than a kick and Ed was more excited in his call for them than me in a room full o' bananas!! Very Happy Would've been really flat inside.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:11 pm

the critique on Jessie white getting a free after nearly losing his neck and head was pathetic by Dunstall. Going for a mark in good faith and gets side swiped by a Suns player and Dunstall wanted a free for taking his legs out??? Really. Hand in your media pass immediately Jason. J Brown is just a bogan.
Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:11 pm

I went and watched Melbourne City Wrestling last night, so I missed the game. I'm really looking forward to sitting down tonight and watching it!
Az 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:13 pm

At one point he actually compared Jesse's attempted mark of the ball as "ducking". Yep. When the ball was pitching low on the turf, Jesse White making an attempt to do what he is paid to do was pretty much the same thing as ducking for a free kick. For mine it was play on, but the seething pig would have none of it.
On the March 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:16 pm

The trouble is this thinking reflects in others and has influenced the result of games. How Dixon got a free for what Trav would just brush off and Pendles did not get a free in front of goals - just ridiculous. I think we had 4 frees in the first half.What can you do? Rolling Eyes
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:55 pm

Dunstall and boofhead brown, great players, but they have half a brain between them. piggy looks a sulky, arrogant nasty piece of work, the perfect storm to come out of the so called family club, the piss and pooh. Great to hear the wanker choked on his own bile of hate, thank god i dont have fox to hear the inane ravings of this maniacal gorillia. LOL

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:13 pm

Golden Gordon wrote:
Dumbstall was a disgrace last night. Bring back Red for Ed.

For Every Game Too

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:23 pm

[snip] dumbstall is a disgrace to the game and should be immediately suspended for his over enthusiasm for the opposition and openly barracking for them on air. That was incredibly unprofessional and the three of them were all in on it egging each other on. They're supposed to be paid professionals and provide analysis and commentary in an unbiased manner.

I could not believe what I was hearing when dumbstall let fire at White suggesting that he in fact gave away a free kick for not keeping his feet and knocking the opposition player's into the turf with his head. How [snip] could White have given away a free in that circumstance when he was doing nothing but going for the ball... Stupid brain dead browny said it was play on. This is why we need our own comentary.

Don't get me started on the man child who literally creamed his pants everytime the suns touched the ball. I wish hid head would explode.
matrix10 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:15 pm

Dunstall comments were disgraceful-

Slight bias-I can accpet as part of the game- no commentator can be 100% impartial -eg Bruce foaming over Rioli, Huddo getting excited by cats, Commetti's love of WCE/freo players etc.

Dunstall would not let the white call go- he kept on and on- it was amusing when they shot to the box and you could see huddo just rolling his eyes smiling at the ridiculousness.

White dove for a mark- with eyes only for the ball- something Dunstall did a hell of a lot in his playing time.

How a bloke who fractured his skull and was lucky not to sustain more serious injuries- could bitch and moan the way he did for a few minutes- on what any reasonable football supporter would see as a free kick every day of the week, reeks of an agenda.

Added to this, Dunstall and his simian sidekick Brown, were banging on about Buckleys comments re: Trav getting shafted by umps- the otehr night on 'on the couch'- they showed some stats out of context which showed other players had given away more/got less (hi Donny!) and then rubbished Bucks and Cloke saying that he gets a good run and there is no need to complain.

The guy clearly dislikes Collingwood- and any other team he sees as a potential threat to his beloved hawks.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:33 pm

Excuse my ignorance but is Dunstall called Piggy because he is an arrogant, rude, egotistical, biased, loudmouth pig? Or is it something else?

BTW I have Fox and he spoils both channel 503 and 504 totally for me. It is hard to avoid him and Dwayne Russell. They are so biased and obnoxious.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:43 pm

The commentary compared to the norm was in many people's opinion poor and unprofessional. So we say so and move on. So what?? People express opinions on here all the time that cause debate.

Yet our expression of distaste for their above average bias was met with many of us being labelled "whingers" by a mod on nicks. That fine, our skins thick enough for such limp wristed quips even if they were a little left field. But It was the deleted posts and thread topics discussing the matter, simply because it didn't fall in line with his own point of view that I thought was weak. There's a difference between whinging and pointing out an inconsistency.

It was poor form by the commentary team. And even worse form from you Donny, not to mention unecessary.

That's all I shall say on the matter......

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: