Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The sad demise of Nathan Brown part 2

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny I've had my doubts about Brown before now, after that horrendous injury run, but I reckon he has been solid all this season so far. He seems to have confidence in his body. While we don't have a "maxy" patrolling the backline, all the defenders will struggle one on one, because defenders are always at a disadvantage, (except the ones playing on Cloke, he's got negative ions when the umps are around).

We will surely miss frost if he doesn't come up. With a fragile Ried, and no Keefe, he really has been great. Goody will need to stay back. Williams also deserves some kudus.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:30 am

I don't think we're much worse off with Goldsack taking Frost's spot. Frost has struggled the last couple of weeks body on body, his strongest asset is his closing speed and Goldsack is the same. If Toovey returns Marsh may not be an essential in, but would be good to see him given a game anyway.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:50 am

Yawn!
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:38 am

Rubbish OP. Pass.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:42 am

He's going alright, he's still finding his way after a long layoff but the signs are good.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:50 am

Yep, I've spoken on Brown before, saying he could be better than he is, but I honestly thought he went alright last night, don't think anyone would have stopped those goals.

We are gonna need him in the weeks coming up.

I was impressed with Goldy when he went back

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:59 am

Sometimes I think he needs to change it up & bit on different opponents.
Constantly positioning himself 10 meters behind Dixon in an open Suns forward line was a mistake & he didn't learn from them all night. He has had a good year but having 3 kicked on him by Vickery (spud) & 4 by Dixon in the last 2 weeks means he has gone off the boil a bit. Needs to tighten up in the one on ones & not give his man an easy lead up uncontested mark.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:22 pm

^Yeah what Woftam said.
Has been good this season, but there were signs last week that there was a game like this around the corner.
Important game personally for Browny against Norf, the pressure will mount if he gets beaten again.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:28 pm

Pressure to do what exactly? Play Tony Armstrong at FB? Play an extra mid-fielder? Play another defensive small forward and hope the ball never comes out?
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:38 pm

^
If he has another game like yesterday, it will certainly put "pressure" on his teammates to cover for him.
Better??

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:28 pm

swoop42 wrote:
It was probably his first clear defeat of the season by his direct opponent but that happens to them all at some stage and Dixon is a talent and a huge man at 200cm.

With Keeffe unavailable and Reid sidelined Brown is the only defender we have who can take on the gorillas.

Frost for all his abilities is to light as is Goldsack and Marsh.

Spot on!!

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:39 pm

woftam wrote:
Constantly positioning himself 10 meters behind Dixon in an open Suns forward line was a mistake & he didn't learn from them all night. He has had a good year but having 3 kicked on him by Vickery (spud) & 4 by Dixon in the last 2 weeks means he has gone off the boil a bit. Needs to tighten up in the one on ones & not give his man an easy lead up uncontested mark.

He wasn't beaten by Vickery and barely lost out to Dixon, only 5 marks and two of those marks and goals were from direct turnovers where our entire defense was out of position. There's no pressure to be had, he's far and away our best key defender.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:04 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
woftam wrote:

He wasn't beaten by Vickery and barely lost out to Dixon, only 5 marks and two of those marks and goals were from direct turnovers where our entire defense was out of position. There's no pressure to be had, he's far and away our best key defender.

Yep, spot on Inky. And another of Dixon's goals came from a pretty iffy free kick. Agree with others that he does occasionally allow a little too much separation but generally covers that.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:37 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
woftam wrote:

Wrong Inky. He was standing way too far off his opponent & failed to make a contest on several occasions because he was too late getting there.
He is more than capable of handling Dixon. He did brilliantly on Hawkins just 2 weeks ago.
He just went about it the wrong way on Saturday night.
I agree there is no pressure on him though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: