Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Roos - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Given how well we played last night, it's going to be difficult to make any changes. Assuming Frost just has a corkie and is available, we'll need to find a spot for Toovey and possibly Ramsay.

On form alone, you'd be tempted to drop De Goey, but I think for his/our longer term benefit, he needs to stay in the team at least until the mid term break. On that basis, I'd be hoping for just the one change.

In: Toovey

Out: Broomhead
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:02 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Given how well we played last night, it's going to be difficult to make any changes. Assuming Frost just has a corkie and is available, we'll need to find a spot for Toovey and possibly Ramsay.

On form alone, you'd be tempted to drop De Goey, but I think for his/our longer term benefit, he needs to stay in the team at least until the mid term break. On that basis, I'd be hoping for just the one change.

In: Toovey

Out: Broomhead

Agree although I'd probably be looking at Seedsman, had 2 poor games whereas Broomy had an impact when he came on yesterday.
surfer1 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:31 pm

Defender wrote:
We have a major issue regarding our second KB, damn, if Reid's fit we may have to roll th dice.

cant remember when Reid was fit
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:34 pm

When was this exactly?
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:33 pm

Need a nice scalp next week.
Focus 100% for 100mins & we win, no lapsing in concentration, I don't want them getting a sniff!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:22 pm

I'd like to see degoey given a decent crack at it, id give him Greenwoods spot until he comes back.

We need to get Broom back into the 21.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:51 pm

DAMN TIRED of commentators and other fans saying the moronic 'BUT THEY HAVENT BEATEN ANYBODY YET 'time to lay that furphy to rest, its time now. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:17 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
DAMN TIRED of commentators and other fans saying the moronic 'BUT THEY HAVENT BEATEN ANYBODY YET 'time to lay that furphy to rest, its time now. !

But we haven't beaten anyone yet!!!

North is our next test against a mid tier team (we are currently 1-3 against that group).

We haven't played any of the elite teams yet.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:15 pm

Damn it. I want Toovey back in but I don't want to drop anyone!

Then there's Ramsay and soon there'll be Greenwood. It's wonderful to have such depth.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:24 pm

With the saints beating the dogs and the dogs beating the swans and the swans beating other fancies like GWS and Hawks it shows how close it can be….

Yes we need a big scalp - like the bummers, however our style of play has been impressive in the games we need to win. Compare us to the Dogs who managed to get up against he Crows and Swans but lost to the saints and Dees! I think we are building a more comprehensive game style that is not quite all there yet but coming along…

Some of the comments re 100 mins of intensity and top shelf footy is not a given for any team - look at the hawks last night - blown away in the first qtr - or even Freo who let the swans right back in after leading by heaps. The game has ebbs and flows - even the best teams can't dominate all the time - it is more about making the most of your opportunities!

I think Frost will probably be OK… but who to take out??? Broomy or Degoey for mine… getting tough to make a call… imagine the headaches when Levi and Reid are ready to go!

uncanny 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:48 pm

smash em just like last year pies
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:49 pm

^^ well said YY. The good teams manage to minimise damage when they don't have control, maximize when they do. Don't do either and you can get blown away.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:40 pm

While it is true that momentum swings are an integral part of the game, and even the very best teams cannot nowadays maintain an iron grip across the entire game, I think that Bucks is entirely correct in pointing out that we need to get better at containing the impact of momentum swings against us. So in the GC game we did just that...they got a real run on in the 2nd Quarter, and this time we improved on the Richmond and Geelong games by reducing the damage significantly. I think it is largely irrelevant to point out that GC is far lower in quality than the other two. Momentum swings are largely independent, at that instant, of the calibre of teams. The psychology for that time frame becomes the dominant factor. So we have to develop the strategies and the mental toughness to "weather the storm", roll back the momentum, so that normal conditions prevail and the relative strengths of the two teams becomes once again the determining factor. And the pleasing thing is that our team is really developing a toughness and grit which will allow this to happen.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:51 pm

I would keep Broomhead, bring in Toovey and Ramsay, and drop De Goey and Seedsman. Seedsman has had two poor games. While many have commented that De Goey is our future, so is Broomhead, and Broomhead needs game time as well. Moreover, he had more of an impact. for time on the field, than De Goey. Give De Goey another run in the VFL. There is ample time for him.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:45 am

A game we should win and win well yet again, North are an average side and we should be able to thump them if we are a finals team.

Just glad its not at that dump Etihad, hope for some rain on Sunday, that will piss Scott off Laughing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8   

Jump to: