Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies stomp on Suns - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair I think Brown mistook Oxley for someone else, that's the quality of footy commentator he is. Dunstall on the other hand is just a nasty piece of work. Commented that game like a Liberal party spin doctor he did.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:12 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
I agree with Golden Gordon Coventry.... Sorry John Wren...I don't think it is "sooking" to expect and demand a fair call of a football game... and to express one's disgust when this reasonable expectation is not fulfilled. I think that the attitude that one can only expect substandard commentary, and therefore condemn any criticism of it, is in itself one reason why the substandard commentary persists.

Impressive writing regardless of what we may think of your argument. Now, if we could just get you to do away with those superfluous, mid-sentence dots. I'm giving you an A anyhow.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:44 pm

Jezza wrote:
Relief to have Sidebottom back in the side but he did look rusty but he'll improve soon enough.

Glad he didn't look like anyone else.... Shocked Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:08 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
It was pitiful to have to sit through it particularly from Jason Dunstall who criticised every free paid our way and found every excuse in the book for the Suns. When Brown commented that Oxley's kicking had improved from what it had been I almost threw my remote through the screen. The Fox commentators are below standard and unfortunately Anthony Hudson fails to intervene to either stop the prattle, or to provide an alternate point of view.

I knew the commentry was going to be biased when I saw who the commentators were but they even exceeded my lofty expectations. I could have very easily been talked into beheading that bloody absolute arsehole Dustall, just to get that smirk off his face.... Evil or Very Mad Mad

It was awful and spoilt the experience of PAYING to watch that game on TV.

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:49 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:

Varcoe showed plenty but will he do it against the best teams? Will Jesse White? I doubt it with Jesse. He is pretty soft and prefers to run onto a nice kick. He hates body contact and runs under the ball too much for mine. But he gets a game because there's nobody else breaking the door down. Reid could take White's spot easily enough if only he could get fit.

I thought Witts and Grundy were pretty ineffective last night, as were Seedsman and De Goey. De Goey needs to stay in the team though until he picks up the AFL pace. Plenty of ability and some real class about him.

Next week is a great test. If Frost misses, then I hope they bring in Jono Marsh.

Neil, did we watch the same game? In fact even against the Tigers I saw a guy who was busting is gut in contested situations. In fact at one point against the Tigers I remember distinctly him fighting for the ball against I think three Tiger players and actually escaping with it. He looks like he's developed some mongrel in the past couple of weeks and he's better for it. Of course, like you, I'm frustrated that he's unable to produce the goods week in, week out, when he's clearly a great athlete (but perhaps not footballer??).

If he only had four touches on Saturday and scored four goals, in my mind he's done his job. In fact he had 12 touches on Saturday - 6 of which were contested. Week before he had 13 and 5 contested (and kicked 2.3).

He has kicked 6.4 in the past two weeks. Can't say he's not creating opportunities whether they're contested or not (which half the time they are).

Sorry, really fed up with people picking out scapegoats in our team. When we're bad it's generally team effort that is bad (Exhibit A - Qtr 1 vs Cats, Exhibit B - Qtr 2 v Tigers).

On Saturday night 13 or so of Dane Swan's possessions went to the opposition (and directly lead to at least one goal) and a 1/3 of Sidey's possessions ended up in the opposition hands (and directly lead to at least 2 goals from memory). Yeah those two boys have far more credits in the bank than White... but we won.... and White played damn well.

Anyhoo.. bring on the Roos.... geez I hate that mob. Still a little scared by our "lapses". Roos can seriously start to motor if they get momentum. Gotta make sure that doesn't happen.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:53 pm

wth the geelong game being the exception, the lapses seem to follow a concerted effort where we have dominated.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:20 pm

John Wren wrote:
wth the geelong game being the exception, the lapses seem to follow a concerted effort where we have dominated.

Yep, got to learn to maintain the rage for longer.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:24 pm

jackcass wrote:
John Wren wrote:

Yep, got to learn to maintain the rage for longer.

happens to the good teams too, like hawthorn. they've been found wanting in a few games where the lapses have cost them. saturday night was a good example of this.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:15 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

Varcoe showed plenty but will he do it against the best teams? Will Jesse White? I doubt it with Jesse. He is pretty soft and prefers to run onto a nice kick. He hates body contact and runs under the ball too much for mine. But he gets a game because there's nobody else breaking the door down. Reid could take White's spot easily enough if only he could get fit.

I thought Witts and Grundy were pretty ineffective last night, as were Seedsman and De Goey. De Goey needs to stay in the team though until he picks up the AFL pace. Plenty of ability and some real class about him.

Next week is a great test. If Frost misses, then I hope they bring in Jono Marsh.

Neil, did we watch the same game? In fact even against the Tigers I saw a guy who was busting is gut in contested situations. In fact at one point against the Tigers I remember distinctly him fighting for the ball against I think three Tiger players and actually escaping with it. He looks like he's developed some mongrel in the past couple of weeks and he's better for it. Of course, like you, I'm frustrated that he's unable to produce the goods week in, week out, when he's clearly a great athlete (but perhaps not footballer??).

If he only had four touches on Saturday and scored four goals, in my mind he's done his job. In fact he had 12 touches on Saturday - 6 of which were contested. Week before he had 13 and 5 contested (and kicked 2.3).

He has kicked 6.4 in the past two weeks. Can't say he's not creating opportunities whether they're contested or not (which half the time they are).

Sorry, really fed up with people picking out scapegoats in our team. When we're bad it's generally team effort that is bad (Exhibit A - Qtr 1 vs Cats, Exhibit B - Qtr 2 v Tigers).

On Saturday night 13 or so of Dane Swan's possessions went to the opposition (and directly lead to at least one goal) and a 1/3 of Sidey's possessions ended up in the opposition hands (and directly lead to at least 2 goals from memory). Yeah those two boys have far more credits in the bank than White... but we won.... and White played damn well.

Anyhoo.. bring on the Roos.... geez I hate that mob. Still a little scared by our "lapses". Roos can seriously start to motor if they get momentum. Gotta make sure that doesn't happen.

Your memory of Sidebottom's ball-use is inaccurate.

Sidey did miss one target (Harbrow kicked a point). However, none of the Suns' 9 goals came (even indirectly) from a Sidebottom disposal. They scored two from free kicks (their 1st and 4th goals). They scored one from Seedsman's intercepted handball (their 2nd goal) and one from Oxley's intercepted kick (their 8th goal). They nailed two from kick-ins after Collingwood behinds (one from Witts, one from Blair - their 3rd and 7th goals), one from a centre clearance (their 6th goal), one from general GCS forward pressure and a GCS handball out from under a pack (their 5th) and one when a Witts kick into CHF went over Fasolo's head, was cleared from inside 50 by GCS, taken down the ground and marked by them 20-30m out, directly in front (their 9th goal).
Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:06 pm

I thought Crisp was good again, his best effort disposal wise (27) since becoming a Pie.

Comparison below as to what Crisp V Beams looks like after eight rounds, obviously keeping in mind Crisp has played predominantly as a midfield stopper:

Description D G B T SC

Beams 221 5 4 28 870
Avg 27.6 0.6 0.5 3.5 108.8

Crisp 164 7 5 36 690
Avg 20.5 0.9 0.6 4.5 86.3

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:11 pm

To me this is a pretty silly exercise I for one couldn't care less how Beams plays... Rolling Eyes
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:13 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
GoWoodsmen wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

Your memory of Sidebottom's ball-use is inaccurate.

Sidey did miss one target (Harbrow kicked a point). However, none of the Suns' 9 goals came (even indirectly) from a Sidebottom disposal. They scored two from free kicks (their 1st and 4th goals). They scored one from Seedsman's intercepted handball (their 2nd goal) and one from Oxley's intercepted kick (their 8th goal). They nailed two from kick-ins after Collingwood behinds (one from Witts, one from Blair - their 3rd and 7th goals), one from a centre clearance (their 6th goal), one from general GCS forward pressure and a GCS handball out from under a pack (their 5th) and one when a Witts kick into CHF went over Fasolo's head, was cleared from inside 50 by GCS, taken down the ground and marked by them 20-30m out, directly in front (their 9th goal).

Um, I stand corrected (and thoroughly squashed), although the other stats remain true! I could have sworn I had that right but I guess not! Thanks for giving me a beat down!!

MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:15 pm

We don't care about that little Beams anymore...but still feel good to know what "Born to Pie" has pointed out... Go Pies!!!
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:15 pm

Born to Pie wrote:
I thought Crisp was good again, his best effort disposal wise (27) since becoming a Pie.

Comparison below as to what Crisp V Beams looks like after eight rounds, obviously keeping in mind Crisp has played predominantly as a midfield stopper:

Description D G B T SC

Beams 221 5 4 28 870
Avg 27.6 0.6 0.5 3.5 108.8

Crisp 164 7 5 36 690
Avg 20.5 0.9 0.6 4.5 86.3

Can we also add - 27 games vs 118 games, just for context of where they are at in their respective careers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: