Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies stomp on Suns - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Museman 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc63 wrote:
Museman wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Just watching the replay, and I am appalled by the biased nature of the call, from Dunstall and Brown. Should not be allowed that commentators so blatantly show their prejudice against one of the teams playing. The constant reminders of how many GC players were out was monotonous and obviously designed to detract any significance from the likely Pies' victory. I don't recall any such commentary when we played with a decimated team late last year.
Their claims that the Pies were receiving the "rub of the green" after Jesse White was struck high and received a free were another example of this. Pathetic.

Dunstall being the worst, this fat flog....faaaark me, his carry on over the White incident had all the elements of one eyed bias even that little wanker Hudson had a wry grin, King sounded like he couldn't believe what he was hearing....

As thomsoc stated all commentary team members failed to mention Cloke being collected high or pushed in the back in the same incident they were babbling on about...what are we blind?

The majority of ex-footballers shouldn't be allowed to commentate because they treat the viewer with distain.

You don't have commentary when your at the game, so why listen to it when you watch on TV?

The mute button is your friend.

No but you do have crowd noise = atmosphere.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:47 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
It's difficult to gauge our performance because we were playing a decimated suns team, bereft of quality players. Under the circumstances, we were expected to win easily, and that we did. you can't ask for much more than that.

The 10 best things to emerge from the game for me were:

1. Witts and Grundy worked well together.
2. White played his best game for us, being closer to goal.
3. Varcoe played his best game for us.
4. Elliott found form.
5. Fasolo showed he should be part of our best forward set up.
6. Pendles use as a forward, gives us much more potency and unpredictability.
7. Williams played his best game.
8. Goldsack was at his best. Keep him as a defender.
9. Given Cloke's inability to kick bags of goals, his use up the ground was productive and demonstrates we're a better side when we are not Cloke focused.
10. Sidey is an out and out star. To play so well after missing 6 games shows he is all class.

Buckley is a master coach who is carefully building a game-plan and team for the future. The players are clearly embracing his vision, and regardless of wins/losses this year, we are clearly building a very strong and powerful team.

Well said, get our face palm moments down, stay in the game longer, and we'll be ready to start competing with the top teams.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:22 pm

I thought the Suns 'came to play' and their tackling pressure was pretty intense at times so a very solid win in the end. I'm liking the edge of the seat, quick ball movement, it's obvious the boys haven't mastered it yet but it looks beautiful when it comes off.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:54 pm

We played an average team who are bottom four and we won accordingly. We face an undermanned North Melbourne next week and need to win. My view is back to back wins to make up for losing to the Cats. We are simply beating the teams that we should beat. Goldsack was great and Fasalo's work rate and team play rate a mention. Jane White played well, I hope she backs it up next week.

Buckley out coached Rocket in he avoided going to Cloke which had Eade rattled for most of the game and obviously he set his game plan around us going to Cloke. Eade no plan B as he didn't have the players.
Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:13 pm

John Wren wrote:
Golden Gordon wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Just watching the replay, and I am appalled by the biased nature of the call, from Dunstall and Brown. Should not be allowed that commentators so blatantly show their prejudice against one of the teams playing. The constant reminders of how many GC players were out was monotonous and obviously designed to detract any significance from the likely Pies' victory. I don't recall any such commentary when we played with a decimated team late last year.
Their claims that the Pies were receiving the "rub of the green" after Jesse White was struck high and received a free were another example of this. Pathetic.

Glad you agree. Some of us were accused of being whingers during the game for pointing this out. Australian footy callers are shocking. Don't even get me started on Hamish Mclachlan who only has the gig at Seven because he is the brother of the big honcho.

yes, you are whingers. it's not like it's a surprise to anyone the standard of commentary is poor.

Oh sorry for giving our opinion. Who are you to set yourself upon the high horse and judge everybody else? Rolling Eyes

Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:16 pm

Culprit wrote:

Buckley out coached Rocket

He sure did! Mind you that's not hard to do since Eade and Mick are the last of the remaining dinosaur coaches.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:23 pm

Golden Gordon wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Golden Gordon wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

Glad you agree. Some of us were accused of being whingers during the game for pointing this out. Australian footy callers are shocking. Don't even get me started on Hamish Mclachlan who only has the gig at Seven because he is the brother of the big honcho.

yes, you are whingers. it's not like it's a surprise to anyone the standard of commentary is poor.

Oh sorry for giving our opinion. Who are you to set yourself upon the high horse and judge everybody else? Rolling Eyes

just giving my opinion. you're a sook. Rolling Eyes

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:03 pm

The opposition was poor will take the win
Players got more experience and are better at the game plan
Lots of fumbling and we are nowhere near top 4 level yet.
White Varcoe and Fasolo had good games

Happy to take the points but the Suns are not AFL quality at the moment

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:51 pm

I agree with Golden Gordon Coventry.... Sorry John Wren...I don't think it is "sooking" to expect and demand a fair call of a football game... and to express one's disgust when this reasonable expectation is not fulfilled. I think that the attitude that one can only expect substandard commentary, and therefore condemn any criticism of it, is in itself one reason why the substandard commentary persists.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:03 pm

There was mention in the game thread about gusty wind, was that a factor? Hard to judge watching it on tv. I mean you expect the dew to impact, wind adds another level of difficulty.
swooper 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:29 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Donny wrote:
Crowd: 16,440

ABC radio got that wrong then, but really, bet 12 000 were Pies fans. Cool

We were up there for the game - definitely 50-50 with regards to the crowds. Heaps of Pies fans making a lot of noise Laughing Laughing
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:02 am

Magpietothemax wrote:

Couldn't agree more.
It was pitiful to have to sit through it particularly from Jason Dunstall who criticised every free paid our way and found every excuse in the book for the Suns. When Brown commented that Oxley's kicking had improved from what it had been I almost threw my remote through the screen. The Fox commentators are below standard and unfortunately Anthony Hudson fails to intervene to either stop the prattle, or to provide an alternate point of view.

I'll never criticise BT and Darce again.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:03 am

Sorry. DP.

Last edited by Neil Appleby on Mon May 25, 2015 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:13 am

Culprit wrote:
We played an average team who are bottom four and we won accordingly. We face an undermanned North Melbourne next week and need to win. My view is back to back wins to make up for losing to the Cats. We are simply beating the teams that we should beat. Goldsack was great and Fasalo's work rate and team play rate a mention. Jane White played well, I hope she backs it up next week.

Zzzz, OK we get it, you think White is a big girl. Can we please now raise the tone above this infantile prattle? It really is very boring. The guy gave us his best game. Give him some bloody credit.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:38 am

As a few posters have suggested, we did what we should have done against a pretty ordinary opposition. Yes, we can only beat what is put up against us, but we were pretty sloppy for a lot of the night with plenty of fumbling and not a lot of finesse.

•Goldsack was marvellous. He played four solid quarters and played tall in the second half.
•Elliott started to look dangerous after a very quiet first half.
•Oxley showed his poise and class despite Jon Brown's suggestion that his kicking was now better. What a cretin.
•Varcoe was clean and efficient.
•Pendles played a blinder and to be BOG in his 200th game was truly fitting of this magnificent champion.

Of course, Pendles stands out because he is just so much better at everything he does than just about every other player. There's a bit of Pendlebury in Oxley I reckon and Sidey will quickly regain his efficiency, but after that, consistent class is short on the ground.

Varcoe showed plenty but will he do it against the best teams? Will Jesse White? I doubt it with Jesse. He is pretty soft and prefers to run onto a nice kick. He hates body contact and runs under the ball too much for mine. But he gets a game because there's nobody else breaking the door down. Reid could take White's spot easily enough if only he could get fit.

I thought Witts and Grundy were pretty ineffective last night, as were Seedsman and De Goey. De Goey needs to stay in the team though until he picks up the AFL pace. Plenty of ability and some real class about him.

Next week is a great test. If Frost misses, then I hope they bring in Jono Marsh.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: