Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies stomp on Suns - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Raw Hammer wrote:

3rd quarter, Cloke being held in goal square. J.Brown: "His jumper's being pulled a little [Suns defender has a massive chunk of black and white fabric in fist stretched to breaking point] but there's no way known that's a free kick..."

Huh? What?

Both had a handful of the other's jumper - Cloke was holding on before the Suns FB started to. Cloke didn't protest it. I thought it was a fair call. The umps were ok, made a few errors, which fell both ways (Brown's mighty shove in the back on Dixon when the Suns were rampaging wasn't paid, White's similar push to "shepherd" a goal in the last).

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:49 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

3rd quarter, Cloke being held in goal square. J.Brown: "His jumper's being pulled a little [Suns defender has a massive chunk of black and white fabric in fist stretched to breaking point] but there's no way known that's a free kick..."

Huh? What?

Both had a handful of the other's jumper - Cloke was holding on before the Suns FB started to. Cloke didn't protest it. I thought it was a fair call. The umps were ok, made a few errors, which fell both ways (Brown's mighty shove in the back on Dixon when the Suns were rampaging wasn't paid, White's similar push to "shepherd" a goal in the last).

I realise Cloke had a bit of the Suns' jumper, but Brown wasn't referring to that. He solely mentioned the hold on Cloke wasn't enough to warrant a free. It was only the other commentator that noticed Cloke's hold as well.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:54 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:

I realise Cloke had a bit of the Suns' jumper, but Brown wasn't referring to that. He solely mentioned the hold on Cloke wasn't enough to warrant a free. It was only the other commentator that noticed Cloke's hold as well.

Ah, ok fair enough.

Steve86 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:17 am

happy with the game.. they had an average of 50 games vs our 70 games but hey wins a win.

I seriously just want faz and elliot crumbing either jessie / cloke every week. Both of them finish so well its ridiculous. Or leading out of the pocket. Both of them take a grab like a CHF with there leaps..

Bring on next week but.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:12 am

Donny wrote:
kickit2me wrote:
Donny wrote:
kickit2me wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Varcoe best game I seen him play

Miss the 2011 GF Dave?

Was it better than today's 29 disposals, 10 marks, 2 goals and a 100% disposal effectivity rate ?

3 goals in a GF including one of THE great Grand Final goals of all time, a goal that had us Pies fans kissing back to back goodbye. Today it was Varcoe and Collingwood vs witches hats. Sure he was good but come on!....Comparing a game against the Suns and a GF victory? LOL

I was just asking. I didn't remember Varcoe's game in 2011.

The GCS game was much better - he was up against a competent AFL-standard opponent.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:16 am

Mugwump wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

Huh? What?

After the holding by both of the jumpers
Cloke got whacked in the head then
the GC defender fell directly on Cloke's back.
Yeah play on......

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:16 am

Dp..
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:43 am

Just watching the replay, and I am appalled by the biased nature of the call, from Dunstall and Brown. Should not be allowed that commentators so blatantly show their prejudice against one of the teams playing. The constant reminders of how many GC players were out was monotonous and obviously designed to detract any significance from the likely Pies' victory. I don't recall any such commentary when we played with a decimated team late last year.
Their claims that the Pies were receiving the "rub of the green" after Jesse White was struck high and received a free were another example of this. Pathetic.
cooldewd Sagittarius

DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:21 am

Donny wrote:
kickit2me wrote:
Donny wrote:
kickit2me wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Varcoe best game I seen him play

Miss the 2011 GF Dave?

Was it better than today's 29 disposals, 10 marks, 2 goals and a 100% disposal effectivity rate ?

3 goals in a GF including one of THE great Grand Final goals of all time, a goal that had us Pies fans kissing back to back goodbye. Today it was Varcoe and Collingwood vs witches hats. Sure he was good but come on!....Comparing a game against the Suns and a GF victory? LOL

I was just asking. I didn't remember Varcoe's game in 2011.

You don't remember - I'll never forget.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
Martin Luther King Jr
Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:47 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Just watching the replay, and I am appalled by the biased nature of the call, from Dunstall and Brown. Should not be allowed that commentators so blatantly show their prejudice against one of the teams playing. The constant reminders of how many GC players were out was monotonous and obviously designed to detract any significance from the likely Pies' victory. I don't recall any such commentary when we played with a decimated team late last year.
Their claims that the Pies were receiving the "rub of the green" after Jesse White was struck high and received a free were another example of this. Pathetic.

Glad you agree. Some of us were accused of being whingers during the game for pointing this out. Australian footy callers are shocking. Don't even get me started on Hamish Mclachlan who only has the gig at Seven because he is the brother of the big honcho.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:59 am

Golden Gordon wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

Glad you agree. Some of us were accused of being whingers during the game for pointing this out. Australian footy callers are shocking. Don't even get me started on Hamish Mclachlan who only has the gig at Seven because he is the brother of the big honcho.

yes, you are whingers. it's not like it's a surprise to anyone the standard of commentary is poor.

Museman 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:17 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:

Dunstall being the worst, this fat flog....faaaark me, his carry on over the White incident had all the elements of one eyed bias even that little wanker Hudson had a wry grin, King sounded like he couldn't believe what he was hearing....

As thomsoc stated all commentary team members failed to mention Cloke being collected high or pushed in the back in the same incident they were babbling on about...what are we blind?

The majority of ex-footballers shouldn't be allowed to commentate because they treat the viewer with distain.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:27 pm

It was very nice, I thoroughly enjoyed my Birthday win!

Keep it up Pies!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:52 pm

It's difficult to gauge our performance because we were playing a decimated suns team, bereft of quality players. Under the circumstances, we were expected to win easily, and that we did. you can't ask for much more than that.

The 10 best things to emerge from the game for me were:

1. Witts and Grundy worked well together.
2. White played his best game for us, being closer to goal.
3. Varcoe played his best game for us.
4. Elliott found form.
5. Fasolo showed he should be part of our best forward set up.
6. Pendles use as a forward, gives us much more potency and unpredictability.
7. Williams played his best game.
8. Goldsack was at his best. Keep him as a defender.
9. Given Cloke's inability to kick bags of goals, his use up the ground was productive and demonstrates we're a better side when we are not Cloke focused.
10. Sidey is an out and out star. To play so well after missing 6 games shows he is all class.

Buckley is a master coach who is carefully building a game-plan and team for the future. The players are clearly embracing his vision, and regardless of wins/losses this year, we are clearly building a very strong and powerful team.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:53 pm

Museman wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

Dunstall being the worst, this fat flog....faaaark me, his carry on over the White incident had all the elements of one eyed bias even that little wanker Hudson had a wry grin, King sounded like he couldn't believe what he was hearing....

As thomsoc stated all commentary team members failed to mention Cloke being collected high or pushed in the back in the same incident they were babbling on about...what are we blind?

The majority of ex-footballers shouldn't be allowed to commentate because they treat the viewer with distain.

You don't have commentary when your at the game, so why listen to it when you watch on TV?

The mute button is your friend.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: