Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Congrats Pendles 200 games this weekend

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:22 pm
Post subject: Congrats Pendles 200 games this weekendReply with quote

I'm surprised this wasn't already up. Confused

Anyway, Pendles hits the 200 games this weekend. Nice effort.

"WHILE some within the industry thought drafting Scott Pendlebury with pick No. 5 in the 2005 national draft was a “monumental mistake”, almost a decade later its proven an inspired choice.

Five All-Australian jumpers, three best-and-fairest awards and a premiership later, Collingwood recruiting manager Derek Hine’s choice looks an inspired one."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/derek-hine-says-he-copped-criticism-for-drafting-scott-pendlebury-with-pick-five/story-fnp04d70-1227363889563

Well done Pendles, half way there (according to him) so we want a win this weekend and a few more premierships thank you.

Interview on the club site.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-05-21/pendles200-the-milestone-man-speaks

Flashman 

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Pendles!

Hands down one of the best players I've seen in the black and white and well up their amongst the greats of any club.

Professional, loyal, committed, consistent and brilliant. It's been an absolute privilege to watch Scotty play and I'm looking forward to watching him for many years to come.
partypie 

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:08 pm
Post subject: Re: Congrats Pendles 200 games this weekendReply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
I'm surprised this wasn't already up. Confused

Anyway, Pendles hits the 200 games this weekend. Nice effort.

"WHILE some within the industry thought drafting Scott Pendlebury with pick No. 5 in the 2005 national draft was a “monumental mistake”, almost a decade later its proven an inspired choice.

Five All-Australian jumpers, three best-and-fairest awards and a premiership later, Collingwood recruiting manager Derek Hine’s choice looks an inspired one."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/derek-hine-says-he-copped-criticism-for-drafting-scott-pendlebury-with-pick-five/story-fnp04d70-1227363889563

Well done Pendles, half way there (according to him) so we want a win this weekend and a few more premierships thank you.

Interview on the club site.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-05-21/pendles200-the-milestone-man-speaks

Is the Norm Smith not mentioned because it was awarded to Scott Embulbury?
Well done Pendles, one of the best players ever!
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:38 pm

For all his remarkable achievements in the past I'm excited about how much his eye is on the future. Hell bent on leading this club to its next flag and wouldn't even consider leaving for another club. A magpie thru and thru, a cert to play 300 and to be a Collingwood immortal. One of the best ever. Well done Pendles.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:38 pm

Flashman wrote:
Well done Pendles!

Hands down one of the best players I've seen in the black and white and well up their amongst the greats of any club.

Professional, loyal, committed, consistent and brilliant. It's been an absolute privilege to watch Scotty play and I'm looking forward to watching him for many years to come.

Yeah what he said.

Congratulations on 200 games captain my captain.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:47 pm

a "monumental mistake". rapt hine made it.

it took me a while to see what everyone was raving about in the early days. such an elegant footballer whose timing is immaculate.

200 games is a magnificent achievement and here's to many more.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:38 pm

Nice little chronology here. Surprising how much it's easy to forget how good he's been for how long.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-05-20/pendlebury-from-surprise-to-superstar

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:44 pm

He is the prototype of the player of the future and I'm not referring to undoubted skill set.
His work off the field in his preparation and keeping his body in as good as shape as possible is what makes him the type of player every club would want showing the young players the level needed to succeed at AFL level.
There's been plenty of guys who get to 200 games but don't show the same dedication to the task.
Has there ever been a more consistent 200 games played ?
Yes I may be biased but I think consistency is the major asset he brings each week to the game.
Congrats Pendles and may you play 200 more
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:29 pm

I like Pendles , I think he will stay

We'll done

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:44 am

Congratulations to Pendles for reaching 200 games! It only feels like yesterday when he debuted on that eventful night against Brisbane when Blake Caracella sustained a career-ending neck injury and Bucks kicked six goals on that Saturday night. Pendles also popped up and kicked two goals with his first kick being his first career goal as well.

It's been an amazing career for Pendles and he's one of the greatest players that the club has seen in the modern era and he's only 27 with plenty of football left in him so I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. A thoroughly well-deserved milestone and here's to more success with him leading the way as the current skipper and leader of the club.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:38 am

Wow - only half way there…

He has done really well to be 27 years old with 200 games - he plays thru injuries and has one of those lean bodies that seems to kick on - I hope we do see him get over 300 and push 400 - his best asset is his ability to read the game rather than leg speed or strength.

A champion who has done it all as a player - but a premiership captain - that would be cherry!

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 11:20 am

One of the Greats of the game, Well done to our Great skipper, his ability to inspire and dominate is fantastic, do him proud this weekend lads and get us a win.

www.facebook/the hybernators
ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:34 pm

Before he debuted the Qld Magpies had a function at the then Lexus centre before ANZAC day. Gavin Brown told us Scott Pendlebury will be better and looks like a future captain.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:38 pm

I have this gut feeling he will play 400 games for Collingwood.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:05 pm

Congrats Scott, a real champion of this club already.

A testament to that is if we re-did the team of the century (now team of 123 years) he would undoubtedly be in the team, maybe even starting on the field.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: