Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What is the best way to get rid of Bill Shorten?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is that Costa lunatic? Never hear of him, and if that's a fair sample of his mouthings, his obscurity is richly deserved.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:44 pm

A guy who represents everything wrong with the Labor Party telling us what's wrong with the Labor Party.

Honestly, no wonder they're such a rabble.

thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:45 pm

Tannin wrote:
Who is that Costa lunatic? Never hear of him, and if that's a fair sample of his mouthings, his obscurity is richly deserved.

Former NSW treasurer for Labor.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:46 pm

David wrote:
A guy who represents everything wrong with the Labor Party telling us what's wrong with the Labor Party.

Honestly, no wonder they're such a rabble.

Or maybe a true believer who wants Labor to return to its true roots.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:47 pm

A little bit of insight on Costa:

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/06/13/1181414383843.html

Quote:
THE State Government's leading climate change sceptic - the Treasurer, Michael Costa - is backing a bid to triple the capacity of an aluminium smelter in the Hunter Valley, a move that would increase Australia's greenhouse gas emissions by more than 1 per cent.

Mr Costa's support is understood to be partly aimed at improving the chances of having a new coal-fired power station built.

thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:50 pm

David wrote:
A little bit of insight on Costa:

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/06/13/1181414383843.html

Quote:
THE State Government's leading climate change sceptic - the Treasurer, Michael Costa - is backing a bid to triple the capacity of an aluminium smelter in the Hunter Valley, a move that would increase Australia's greenhouse gas emissions by more than 1 per cent.

Mr Costa's support is understood to be partly aimed at improving the chances of having a new coal-fired power station built.

As I said returning Labor to its roots. Wants jobs for the working class rather than pandering to the inner city lefties and their pet causes irrespective of the damage they do. Labor needs more like him.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:11 pm

nah, he's out of touch. There isn't going to be a working class, haven't you heard? It's all going to be done by robots and sleight of hand.

I'm assuming the poor dumbarses who aren't able to get a double degree in ancient languages will be used as fertiliser for the new organic Kale plantations coming to a communal garden near you.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:46 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Former NSW treasurer for Labor.

Godstrewth! No wonder NSW Labor is so on the nose.

After they expel him - if they have the sense and guts, that is - he can form his own party with Senator Bestiality as leader and fathead Christensen as the pin-up boy to complete the Unholy Trinity.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:33 pm

Can anyone provide a single example of how Bill Shorten has dragged Labor too far to the left?

Seriously. Surprise me.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:48 pm

stui magpie wrote:
nah, he's out of touch. There isn't going to be a working class, haven't you heard? It's all going to be done by robots and sleight of hand.

I'm assuming the poor dumbarses who aren't able to get a double degree in ancient languages will be used as fertiliser for the new organic Kale plantations coming to a communal garden near you.

Ah! The Bloomberg article was about scientific research! A lot less to do with faux intellectuals than you think. Gawd you take the only sensible thing in economics personally, and can't see past the stupid beards of pretentious young people who think they're trendy and will probably never be scientists!

My post was supposed to be provocative, but here's a non-provocative reply: http://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?p=1582152&highlight=#1582152

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:47 am

David wrote:
Can anyone provide a single example of how Bill Shorten has dragged Labor too far to the left?

Seriously. Surprise me.

I'm waiting and willing to be surprised too FWIW

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:56 pm

It's a long shot, but fingers crossed.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-12/shorten-to-front-royal-commission-about-time-in-workers-union/6543202

(Of course, that's not to say that I approve of smear campaigns or governments wasting taxpayer money on thinly-veiled political assassination schemes. But as it's in the public interest for Shorten to resign, I'm happy to put my principles to one side over this.)

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:15 pm

When he starts copying Abbotts lines about why he won't answer questions about payments to people smugglers under Labor other than to say they never paid boats to turn around (because they never HAD a policy of trying to turn back boats in the first place) you have to wonder.

Labor spent all yesterday on the front foot belting the Libs and all today on the back foot. Grod it's a circus, if these fucktards weren't in charge of the country it would be comical.

I vote we arrange a nuclear strike on Parliament house to coincide with a full sitting of both houses and start again from scratch. Maybe give Ricky Muir a warning to stay home that day.

All those in favour say "Hi mr federal policeman, what can I do for you".

Razz

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:25 pm

Of course they're hypocrites (although, as Tannin points out, there is a reasonably significant difference between what they did and what the Coalition have done) and Shorten's qualified "no" is obviously a "yes", but focusing on Labor's hypocrisy is classic distraction politics from the government. It's only relevant if you see our entire political system as a game of oneupmanship between the two major parties.

Has everyone forgotten that, while these tools spend every question time acting like primary school children, there are 23 million Australians who deserve to be governed competently and lawfully?

The fact is, it doesn't matter what Labor did. The Coalition have been caught with their pants down here, and it is and should be a major scandal. Thank God that Indonesia are putting the heat on, because if this was left to Labor to prosecute on their own they'd be walking away scot-free.

As it is, their pathetic "ends justify the means" arguments are bad enough, but pointing to Labor and saying "but Miss, they did it first" is not much better. It's about time these cowards faced up to their democratic and legal responsibilities or suffered the consequences. The same will go for the Shorten-bot government if they try to pull this shit when they get back in.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:30 pm

stui magpie wrote:
When he starts copying Abbotts lines about why he won't answer questions about payments to people smugglers under Labor other than to say they never paid boats to turn around (because they never HAD a policy of trying to turn back boats in the first place) you have to wonder.

Labor spent all yesterday on the front foot belting the Libs and all today on the back foot. Grod it's a circus, if these fucktards weren't in charge of the country it would be comical.

I vote we arrange a nuclear strike on Parliament house to coincide with a full sitting of both houses and start again from scratch. Maybe give Ricky Muir a warning to stay home that day.

All those in favour say "Hi mr federal policeman, what can I do for you".

Razz

Ahem. You can differentiate between paying people smugglers & paying for info/intelligence?

I've got it, lets have a Royal Commission into The mad Misogynist Monks time as PM. Of course he's set the precedent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9   

Jump to: