Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What would be the best kind of death penalty?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inert_gas_asphyxiation

Hypoxia or depriving the body of oxygen causes a painless death. This would be done in some kind of hypoxia chamber, substituting an inert gas for oxygen until death (Oklahoma has already approved this). Experiments done with people being deprived of oxygen until passing out shows them become delirious and then pass out (death would soon follow). Subjects reported not even knowing that anything was wrong before they passed out.

In saying all that, I'm not a fan of the death penalty at all, but that wasn't the question Laughing
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:28 pm

Give em teenagers
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 12:03 am

^ It's not supposed to be cruel and long-drawn-out.

Actually, the guillotine is supposed to be very, very quick and humane. That is in fact why it was invented during the enlightenment: it was considered that slow, unreliable barbaric methods designed to torture the prisoner before death were inhumane and the guillotine was developed to be fast and reliable and as nearly painless as possible - a new method suited to the new age where pain and humiliation were no longer considered desirable in an execution, just the death itself. It certainly works better, more painlessly, and faster than lethal injections in the States.

But it was invented in Europe, so Stui wouldn't like it.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:22 pm

Tannin wrote:

Actually, the guillotine is supposed to be very, very quick and humane. That is in fact why it was invented during the enlightenment: it was considered that slow, unreliable barbaric methods designed to torture the prisoner before death were inhumane and the guillotine was developed to be fast and reliable and as nearly painless as possible - a new method suited to the new age where pain and humiliation were no longer considered desirable in an execution, just the death itself. It certainly works better, more painlessly, and faster than lethal injections in the States.

Punishment should fit the crime

Or there is always marriage, I'm sure I've already served a manslaughter term

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:31 pm

Tannin wrote:

Settle gretel, if you notice in the OP I said the guillotine was a best option.

My issue with Europe is only with the assumption from people that if it's from Europe it's better than anything we have here. I grew up in the age of the cultural cringe when anything imported from Europe was a status symbol. That state of mind still shits me to tears.

So unlike some people who have issues with, for example, the USA and can't see past those, I can see past my bias. I just start from the point that if it's from europe it's over rated so it needs to prove to me it's actually good rather than the reverse.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:34 pm

^ Sanctimonious wank. If you get any further up yourself it will be an all-new form of oral sex.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:42 pm

^

Hey, go phuck yourself with a cactus. I learned all about being a sanctimonious wank reading your anti USA drivel.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:59 pm

Hmmm as a girly type just curious - is it the expression on your face during the deed that makes it a sanctimonious wank as opposed to an ordinary one? Very Happy
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:10 pm

I think it becomes sanctimonious when you do it with a mirror.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: