Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Suns - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they are our bogey side up there but that needs to change.

The Suns are a side devoid of confidence at the moment and we need to jump on them early and keep our foot on their throats for the entire game.

We aren't good enough to be lay down miseres against anyone really but we are at least a team that has a crack which can't be said about the Suns so far this year.

Let's hope we can keep it that way.
derkd 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:51 pm

John Wren wrote:
Defender wrote:
Out: Witts-Toovs.

In: Sidders-Ramsay

No need for hysterics in the selection room.

od'ed on your medication there? are you ok?

that said, i endorse the proposed changes.

I really think they need to give Pendles a rest, he does not look 100% and is it really worth risking such a great player?

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:53 pm

WE will smash the gold coast beachboys by 87 points, lock it in. We are in an angry and foul mood, bad news for eade and his poncy pretenders. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:56 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
WE will smash the gold coast beachboys by 87 points, lock it in. We are in an angry and foul mood, bad news for eade and his poncy pretenders. !

I think you might be talking about the supporters there mate. I don't think many of the players actually give a stuff on that performance really. Look at the way they are all back slapping and smiling with their "opponents" after losing the unloseable game against a side we have had the wood over since God knows when.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:59 pm

I fear Pendles might miss due to his recurring ankle injury. Without him we can lose to anyone.

Hopefully we'll get Sidey and Ramsay back. Fasolo should come back in after another good VFL game. Kennedy was best in the VFL, before going off injured, so I hope he's OK to play. I tend to agree with the criticisms of Witts. The problem is that Gault did not do a lot in the VFL, but at least he's mobile.

Ins: Sidey (hopefully), Ramsay, Gault, Kennedy

Outs: Karnezis, Witts, Pendles (inj), Tooves (inj).
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:23 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Out:Karnezis, Broomhead, Toovey (inj)

Ins from:Sidebottom, Kennedy, Fasolo, Ramsay, Marsh

I like these suggestions Mr Swoop 42.

Outs I am ok with, would suggest Sidey and Ramsay are certain ins and wildcard Marsh to replace Karnesis- I know Marsh has been playing down back in the seconds, but I like his ferocious attack on the ball.

I honestly believe we need a really quick small forward and like Kennedy, a lot. If he comes in, it's Blairy out, for mine.

After Round 15, I can see Manteit coming in- a lot to like about this kid.
How much are we missing Reid, Greenwood, Sidey, Ramsay and potentially Moore, Freeman and Scharenberg?? After today, I'd say Scharenberg is weeks off senior footy.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:46 pm

Golden Gordon wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

I think you might be talking about the supporters there mate. I don't think many of the players actually give a stuff on that performance really. Look at the way they are all back slapping and smiling with their "opponents" after losing the unloseable game against a side we have had the wood over since God knows when.

Really, did not see that bit, i turned the tele off with ten seconds too go, im not a great loser when it comes to the tiges. Wink

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:45 pm

I managed to see a few bits of the reserves game. Only a few bits, mind you, but in the little I saw our best player, by far, was Dwyer .... and we already know that Dwyer is at best a fringe player by AFL senior standards. In other words, our best in isn't much if any better than the player who would come out to make room for him. So should we even bother changing?

Hopefully, the snippets of the game I was able to see were unrepresentative and there were others playing seconds and making strong claims to play seniors.

The only other two to stand out in what I saw were Kennedy (looked a player, though I'd rather see him do another couple of weeks at this level before promotion) and Gault, who looked barely worthy of a place in the VFL side - that familiar deer in the headlights thing we saw him doing in the seniors.

I'd really like to see Ramsey come back next week to stiffen our defence up, especially if Tooves can't play, but it's a very big ask of a young, inexperienced player - two weeks of no footy and then straight back into the top level. Too big an ask, probably. He should return via the twos.

So for me, at this early stage, it's in Sidebottom and out Toovey (inj). If we need another couple of ins, then it's back to Dwyer or take a big punt on Kennedy being up to speed already or Ramsey being able to pick up where he left off after two football-free weeks.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:48 pm

Really need to win this and get some confidence back into the playing group and even though the Suns have been terrible this year our record against them up in Queensland does concern me considering we haven't been able to beat them since 2012 but surely that bad run ends next weekend.

I think Witts has to go out as the double ruck combination of Grundy and Witts just isn't working at the moment and Witts seems to be a liability everywhere else. Karnezis was terrible today and will most likely get dropped and while Broomhead was very poor today as well I do consider the possibility that maybe he deserves another go but needs a stern talking to from Buckley and the coaches because he has plenty of talent but he just needs to apply it now.

Pendles is really struggling with a persistent ankle injury and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't play next week. We really need Sidebottom as soon as possible because his absence is very evident now.

TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:03 am

Out: toovey (injured) karnezis broomhead
In ramsey fasolo Sidebottom

Ramsey brown. Williams

Langdon frost goldsack

Sidebottom swan seedsman

De goey white varcoe

Elliot cloke fasolo

Foll: Grundy pendels adams

Inter Blair oxley crisp Witts

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:09 am

So what will the fallout be if we get rolled by the Suns?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:22 am

Dangles wrote:
Think we're a chance of a confidence building win on the road. Very Happy

We are not Guarantees to beat the Suns

TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:52 am

If ramsey and sidebottom don't come up then marsh and Kennedy have to come in
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:10 am

Marsh looked good from what I saw, didnt see how Kennedy went !

www.facebook/the hybernators
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:18 am

OUT: Karnezis, Witts, Broomhead, Toovey (inj)
IN: Sidebottom, Gault, Scharenberg, Young, Kennedy, Ramsey

For the love of God, please STOP playing Witts and Grundy in the same team. I said last week that two ruckmen do not work! We gave up so much speed in that Richmond game and Witts gives us nothing around the ground. Why in the hell would we need to double team an average ruckman like Maric. Witts did a couple of nice things but most of the time he just seems like he's lurching around. He'll be a good player one day but he's not a natural footballer and at this point in the season we want to win! We looked a far better side with one ruckman with White pinch hitting.

Last week, I said we should give PK another go and when I learned that he was the sub I thought jeez he's been the sub three times now this season, why won't Buckley let him get more game time. Well with Toovey going off he had his chance and did NOTHING! He seems too casual, doesn't chase, can't complete a tackle. What talent this guy could have if he's willing to commit. It's frustrating because I see a great footballer in him. I'm not sure if last year's injury is hampering him and he needs to get some more fitness but his endeavour and attack on the footy just looked ordinary.

Broomhead needs a rest back in the seconds.

White as frustrating as he is, won me back in the latter part of the game with a couple of nice things he did. That's the thing with White, he always does just enough to keep him safe not to mention, there's NOBODY ELSE that can replace him right now. I like him in the side. Hopefully he does more team things on a consistent basis. Yeah I can't believe he missed that goal from 20m out and uncharacteristically Seedsman on the siren. I was surprised that Grundy passed it off as I thought it wasn't a hard kick for him. Seedsman really needs to put a few solid performances together. That's the criticism of him.

It's clear just how important Ramsay might have been to us now that he's not in the side.

Cloke played well and I'm loving Adams at the moment even though he needs to improve his disposal. Don't take anything away from Richmond. They had a real crack and looked a different team after quarter time. I feel that the Collingwood players thought they had the game sewn up and took it easy. Richmond played at their best and we played pretty poorly. Same problem again, letting them get 5-6 quick, easy goals in succession. We need to stop that from happening.

Gault didn't do a lot when he was in the side but he gave us structure and is versatile. Depending on who comes up fit this week and hoping that Pendles can play because we need to win and we need to win by a lot. Sunday was a costly loss and now the good sides with big percentages are going to steam ahead of us and come end of the season we need to give ourselves every chance by having a great percentage as I believe that will make a big difference in a season where there could be several teams logjammed on the same amount of wins.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10   

Jump to: