Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Suns - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 12:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

eddiesmith wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
I just have this Feeling we are going to lose Saturday Evening

Don't worry Dave, the only way we lose is if the team wants to have an amazing end of season trip and have all loaded up on the Suns Laughing

Great to see Fasolo back in, hoping Buckley doesn't do something stupid like give him the vest, needs to play the whole game

Agreed if he's on Fasolo gives us some class and diversty around the ground.

www.facebook/the hybernators
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 12:34 pm

I'm worried we look a bit slow & cumbersome with Grundy, Witts & White in the one team. The holes that Tooves, Ramsay & Sinclair leave include pace & speed. The one thing GCS do have is pace. That concerns me going into this game.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 12:35 pm

With Toovey out and Ramsay still unavailable I suspect Fasolo might be used in defence. While he can certainly play there, he is a natural forward and that's where I'd like to see him line up. I guess he could be the sub too? Though looking at the team sheet I suspect Broomhead might wear the green vest.

Last edited by RudeBoy on Fri May 22, 2015 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 12:46 pm

It would be good if they dumped Witts for Marsh to give us some pace and drive out of the back half!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:02 pm

3rd degree wrote:
It would be good if they dumped Witts for Marsh to give us some pace and drive out of the back half!

That might be a good move, but I suspect the club is keen on sticking with the Grundy/Witts combo for a while yet, to give them time to get used to playing together. I'd give them another 4 weeks before considering dropping Witts.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:07 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
That might be a good move, but I suspect the club is keen on sticking with the Grundy/Witts combo for a while yet, to give them time to get used to playing together. I'd give them another 4 weeks before considering dropping Witts.

I think it woud very much depend on how many games we lose out of the four..... Rolling Eyes

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:50 pm

Sunshine Coast area weather forecast for Sat. 23 May 2015:

Max. 22C, Min 12C.
Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower. Winds southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h turning southeasterly 25 to 30 km/h in the morning then tending southerly 15 to 20 km/h in the evening.
Rough surf conditions.

Seems a bit like Rnd 1 weather against Brisbane, except not quite as warm.

Wonder if the cooling glove will be used.

Any locals up on the Sunshine Coast know whether the rain will be misty like when we played Brisbane, or more like showers?
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:59 pm

Woods wrote:
Sunshine Coast area weather forecast for Sat. 23 May 2015:

Max. 22C, Min 12C.
Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower. Winds southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h turning southeasterly 25 to 30 km/h in the morning then tending southerly 15 to 20 km/h in the evening.
Rough surf conditions.

Seems a bit like Rnd 1 weather against Brisbane, except not quite as warm.

Wonder if the cooling glove will be used.

Any locals up on the Sunshine Coast know whether the rain will be misty like when we played Brisbane, or more like showers?

Is this a combined thing created by Tredrea and the Q Stick?

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 2:10 pm

Eade expecting Cloke to get the rub of the green

Michael Whiting May 22, 2015 11:51 AM

RODNEY Eade has put the spotlight squarely on the umpires ahead of Gold Coast's match against Collingwood on Saturday, saying he fully expects Magpies spearhead Travis Cloke to get preferential treatment.

Cloke's relationship with the umpires has been a big talking point all week following Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley's claim the hulking full forward "gets nothing" from the whistleblowers.

When asked on Friday whether he thought Buckley's claims would influence officiating for Saturday's game at Metricon Stadium, Eade was succinct.

"Yeah I do, because the squeakiest wheel gets the most oil," Eade said.

"I know from experience you do that, you get a spike, that's not consciously, that's just the way of the world."

Adding to Eade's concern is the fact he has two undersized, inexperienced players at the key defensive posts.

Henry Schade (196cm, 86kg, three games) will likely get the start on Cloke, while Jack Leslie (198cm, 94kg, three games) is a second option in the absence of suspended Steven May and injured Rory Thompson.

Cloke stands 196cm, weighs in at 108kg and has 223 games experience.

"We've got to be careful again because a few of our players are undersized," Eade said.

"We've got to have support from other players around, get a third man in. Players have got to be prepared to leave their opponent to support.

"It's really a big ask for them."

Eade, who was the coaching director at Collingwood for three years before taking over the reigns at the Suns, said he was impressed with the Magpies so far in 2015.

"They've probably only had a couple of down games, so I think they've been pretty consistent," he said.

"I think they've had a better run with injuries (than last year), which has helped them.

"They're probably playing a little bit differently at times, but most teams are tweaking things it's not anything major."

Eade said the return of Tom Lynch and Adam Saad from injury would add leadership and pace to the Suns line-up.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-22/eade-expecting-cloke-to-get-the-rub-of-the-green
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 2:58 pm

Witts obviously has incriminating photos of someone on the selection commitee.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Az 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:09 pm

Defender wrote:

I was quite vocally in the same mind frame as you recently, but let's not forget what this year is about. If we're going to try to develop these two into the supposed most dominant ruck duo in the comp, I don't mind dropping a few games to get there. It's not as though we were going to go all the way this year anyway, and there's only one way both those guys are going to get there and that's playing games together obviously. And if by the end of the year it doesn't look like they are going to work together to make us a better team, Witts is a very decent trade option up our sleeve.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:37 pm

Az wrote:
I was quite vocally in the same mind frame as you recently, but let's not forget what this year is about. If we're going to try to develop these two into the supposed most dominant ruck duo in the comp, I don't mind dropping a few games to get there. It's not as though we were going to go all the way this year anyway, and there's only one way both those guys are going to get there and that's playing games together obviously. And if by the end of the year it doesn't look like they are going to work together to make us a better team, Witts is a very decent trade option up our sleeve.

Stands and applauds...!!

Excellent post perfectly put in a nutshell about our aims and aspirations this year. The hard bit is being patient.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:38 pm

Az wrote:
Defender wrote:

I think Witts will develop into a beast when he matures, but he's a long way off maturing ATM, I reckon he's 2-3 years off.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:56 pm

Anyone Going to Training this afternoon up there on the Gold Coast?
mattys123 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:02 pm

No excuses here.

Yes we aren't a top team this season and we all know that, but this is a game even a developing side should win.

The Suns without Ablett alone are a must beat, let alone the others they are missing also.

Add Steele to the mix now and we really should be winning this game comfortably.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: