Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Suns - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
No Toovey or Ramsey down back is a Worry

I agree. Ramsay has been a huge loss this year despite being so young, so raw & so inexperienced

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:12 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
I just have this Feeling we are going to lose Saturday Evening

Don't worry Dave, the only way we lose is if the team wants to have an amazing end of season trip and have all loaded up on the Suns Laughing

Great to see Fasolo back in, hoping Buckley doesn't do something stupid like give him the vest, needs to play the whole game
richo 

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:40 pm

We will smash these pricks.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:55 am

I'm stoked to see Sidebottom back in the side. His absence in recent weeks has been profound and evident and he's one of the classiest midfielders we have in the side so his inclusion shouldn't be underestimated whatsoever especially with the way he was pivotal in our tough opening game against the Lions up in Queensland. I just hope he's back fully fit and hasn't been rushed back in where a risk of aggravating his thumb injury could occur but I'll trust the club has made the right call here.

Fasolo is a very inconsistent footballer but I liked what I saw from him last week at the VFL on Sunday and surely he couldn't be any worse than what Karnezis offered last week. The omission of Karnezis was necessary considering how slow and inept he looked and I hope the recent stint in the VFL is the wakeup Fasolo needed if he's to take the next step in his career and cement himself in this team.

Toovey's a big loss and it's a pity Ramsay isn't back in the side so I hope our defence isn't exposed as a result of losing Toovey. We haven't functioned the same in this part of the ground for the past two weeks so hopefully we improve this week. Charlie Dixon will be our main cause of concern here but expect either Brown or Frost to matchup on him.

The Suns are also struggling with injuries so most people are backing us to win but our record up in the Gold Coast in the last two years is the only thing making me resistant from being confident about a win this week but hopefully we record a victory and go 5-3 heading into a big clash against North Melbourne the following week.

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 3:06 am

We had better win this or we are well and truly down the gurgler. That said I think we will win it, as Gold Coast are a rabble undergoing a process of "Eadification", just as we "de-Eadified" when we waved Rodney the Loser goodbye at the end of last season.
Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:14 am

Gerard Whateley picked our game as his possible "Doomsday". If we lose to the Ablettless Suns then we really will be plumbing the depths only charted this season by Carlton.

Surely we will win.

Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:06 am

Golden Gordon wrote:
Gerard Whateley picked our game as his possible "Doomsday". If we lose to the Ablettless Suns then we really will be plumbing the depths only charted this season by Carlton.

Surely we will win.

Pretty sure they were mostly Ablettless and lost Dixon too and had no interchange bench and we lost in 2014- so yeah it's possible.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:50 am

juicy odds for 3 in a row.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:52 am

Faz offers a lot more up forward than PK - he can also play back but the forward line looks more potent with Faz and Sidey back in the mix!

Would love to see Broomy and or Oxley have a big game and bag some goals they have shown glimpses now and then but have been pretty quiet the last couple of weeks.

Unlike many others I think Cloke and WHite have been doing well. Maybe I have low expectations? However if we are to win we need a lot of goal kickers not relying on the big guys and Elliot to do it all!

If we going to persist with Witts and Grundy in the same team I would put Grundy up fwd more often as the 3rd tall option- he seems stronger in the air than Witts atm- but Witts can certainly ruck and link up around the ground. If Witts runs out of puff I would sub him off! SO we go smaller and faster in the last qtr or so.

A great time to turn our record around at Metricon - if we can bring the intensity we did for the Brisbane game - we should win this by 5+ goals.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:19 am

To think many thought Ramsey should have been delisted at the end of last year.

I wonder If any one thinks he is trade bait?

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:20 am

Toovey would normally be a massive out but as they are struggling for players as well it's not to bad. If we cannot win for our Captains 200th then don't bother flying home.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:22 am

Collingwood find themselves in a very similar situation going into this game against the Suns as they did last week against Richmond.

To both teams this was and is a trophy game. There is no surer way for these poor performing teams to put paid to any criticism than to score a win against the Pies.

So beware the return to form of the Suns. They will start hard and fast, having reviewed Collingwood's last two losses and its vulnerable slowness to settle. They also have, courtesy of Eade, insight into the deeper mysteries of the Collingwood game plan and the secret long-term term injuries of its players (eg. Pendlebury's foot).
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:36 am

richo wrote:
We will smash these pricks.

What is this prediction baed on?

I mean I hope we win but a win by 1 point will do me just fine to help with the development of a winning culture with this young team. The stark reality is that they can also lose by heaps or 1 point..... Rolling Eyes

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:45 am

Golden Gordon wrote:

Surely we will win.

These are 50 - 50 games when you are a young developing team like Collingwood. Lets not have totally unrealistic expectations from this team. They are not going to win EVERY 50 - 50 game but we hope that this one can be a win.

It's also 50 - 50 at this stage whether we can just scrape into the finals. However I will not be betting on it...... Rolling Eyes

leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 11:35 am

really good to see maynard as an emergency, very excited for his debut which seem closer than most thought.

pies by 25.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10   

Jump to: