Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies pipped by Tigers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomhacker38 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:32 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
To be fair to Jesse White and that miss I think he was still getting over the shock of taking a contested mark

If he kicked that goal we would've won the game with the momentum we had. Is Cloke worth it either? He keeps missing SITTERS that would win games.......................... Twisted Evil
uncanny 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Disappointing to lose that after a good start. Lost out in the second and early 3rd but a good fight back from four goals down to set up a winning chance. Couldn't take their opportunities after that. Not good enough on the day.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:33 pm

Terrible to finish up like that after such a promising start. Got shafted by the infested lime green maggot scum which didn't help our cause, but turnovers, players going walkabout inaccurate kicking for goal didn't help either. Swan, pendles, Adams, Cloke can hold their heads high. A few others put in too but not enough of a team effort. Witts is slower than wet week but could still out run PK on one leg. Seedsman looked slow, maybe he isn't 100%. Not enough from broomhead, JDG showed something but for the majority we were too handball happy. In those.tense situations you would expect the likes of varcoe to bobup for a goal of two, but from what i saw, he was playing down back a lot. Frost was giving he opponent acres of space which you simply cannot do. We also got smashed in the clearances too. Need to sharpen up and start improving. Cannot afford a loss next week no matter what.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:34 pm

We are middle of the road and so are Richmond but despite the loss I'm still confident both sides are heading in different directions.
tomhacker38 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:36 pm
Post subject: YepReply with quote

Haven't seen Buckley press conference yet, but............

Let me guess, he'll just say why opposition beat us in the stats and NOT show any emotion about the loss............that's what shits me the most!! Fire up! Drop Cloke and find someone who can convert sitter shots that win games....
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:38 pm

God there are some typically shit predictable posts on this thread. We are a work in progress and Richmond were desperate today after being in the gun this week. We were far from poor and there were no individuals I'd really want to sink the boots into after that loss. Our skipper was clearly below his best today and we still nearly got over the line. A lot to like in several players and sure no four points but still, the coaches will take some positives. I couldn't fault the endeavour.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:40 pm

Today is a reminder that we're still in a development phase where inconsistent and unpredictable results will arise.

This result hurts though!

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:43 pm

Jessica White is frigging lucky we can't promote Michael Still from the VFL list mid-season, because he would be out on his lard arse otherwise. Unlike White, Still actually takes marks, has a brain in his head and kicks. Freeking. GOALS!!!

Ugh!

TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:45 pm

Cloke White seedamam missing easy set shots cost us the game again. Really doesn't matter because we are an ordinary team that will finish 10 to 14..

Out: karnezis broomhead Witts toovey (injured)
In: sidebottom fasolo Kennedy marsh

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:45 pm

Ok we lost, but I'm proud of the way we played. It could of gone either way but we lost because we made too many mistakes and in the end Richmond had more to lose than we did. The worry for me is Karnezis, Witts and Broomhead. Karnezis is just a bit too slow. Witts is not as mobile as Gault and Broomhead is out of form. Everybody else I thought played well, including White and Cloke. Once we get back Sidebottom and Greenwood, we will be a much better side.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:46 pm

Our biggest strength is our greatest weakness. The players just run at the man who has the ball some times 2,3 or even 4 of them and if they get it away we get murdered playing catch up. At least 8 times today we had 3 on 1 and they got it out and we got burnt bad. When we win it it looks great but when we don't we look insipid.
Thought the umpires performed amazingly today I stopped counting in the 4th term when the frees were 17-5 against us. Heard one scrump on TV clearly say on 4 occasions to dildo back 3 metres back 3 metres as he continued to walk forward and then nothing. Minutes later we are pinged 50 for the same thing and bang a goal.
They scored 9-4 from direct results of free kicks nice effort.
Our kicking at goal is so so so iffy its scarey we should have won and won by a couple but for poor misses 2 to White 1 to Seedsman
Back to the drawing board now.
Need to know when to play man on man and when to attack them with defence.
DT56 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:48 pm

I didn't watch the game but noticed on the footy app that we were stuck on 3 frees for the good part of 2 qtrs while Richmond was steadily rising .. questions

.. was that warranted ?

.. what would the score have been if the penalty count was even or heaven forbid reversed

Last edited by DT56 on Sun May 17, 2015 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:48 pm

We lacked polish and composure which is to be expected with so many kids.

Thought the pies fought back well when 4 goals down. Tooves gone early left Varcoe to be more accountable down back when he was looking dangerous as a sweeper early.

Pendles clearly injured and needs to prove his fitness. A fit pendles would have made a big difference in that crucial last qtr but we were always struggling with Toovey down

Crisp and Adams continue to improve along with Grundy in the middle. I thought Williams did well down back but overall the Tigers were a little more desperate and just snuck home.

PK, Broomy and Witts still below par but they are all young so persist.

I thought it would be close but our misses was the difference - and they had a good run with the umps at some important stages of the game!

hate losing to Tigers… but we will be back better and they are on the wane!

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:50 pm

Karnesis is not varsity material; not even close.

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:52 pm

Interestingly watching the players huddle up pre game and all the players had their game faces on except Broomhead. He looked to be having a giggle to himself about something.

It probably means nothing but he just didn't look focused or committed to me. A pity because the kid has talent and class oozing out of him. Maybe he needs to have a look at the attitudes of a couple of fellow youngsters in Adams and Crisp to see what playing AFL football for Collingwood means to them and take note.

Last edited by Flashman on Sun May 17, 2015 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12   

Jump to: