Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies pipped by Tigers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:59 pm
Post subject: Re: YeahReply with quote

[quote="Piesnchess"]
Hiss wrote:
Yeah lol lets now call this disgraceful colliwoobles another development year! Oh yeah we can also blame the umpires. weather, travelling interstate, rebuilding, new coach, trying different game plans, young side, blah blah blah. I hope to find a book soon in our gift shop titled A Seasons Worth of Excuses. But the underlying tragedy behind this is a culture a loosing that is endorsed by moronic fans that think poor game performances are ok. Just find excuses to rationalise it. Well that is why we should consider a merge with Melbourne. Our fan culture is identical. Our home ground is the same. Business synergies are perfect. Makes commercial sense. Minor differences in playing performances in recent seasons.[/quot

Looks like the good ol corio 5 star has kicked in again. Razz

You are a very low grade rock ape! Please for once accept thay you really hate Collingwood and are only happy when we are failing. That inspires you to defend the failure in the hope it will continue forever so you can enjoy life long happiness while we true fans are depressed.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:11 pm

[quote="Hiss"]
Piesnchess wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Yeah lol lets now call this disgraceful colliwoobles another development year! Oh yeah we can also blame the umpires. weather, travelling interstate, rebuilding, new coach, trying different game plans, young side, blah blah blah. I hope to find a book soon in our gift shop titled A Seasons Worth of Excuses. But the underlying tragedy behind this is a culture a loosing that is endorsed by moronic fans that think poor game performances are ok. Just find excuses to rationalise it. Well that is why we should consider a merge with Melbourne. Our fan culture is identical. Our home ground is the same. Business synergies are perfect. Makes commercial sense. Minor differences in playing performances in recent seasons.[/quot

You are a very low grade rock ape! Please for once accept thay you really hate Collingwood and are only happy when we are failing. That inspires you to defend the failure in the hope it will continue forever so you can enjoy life long happiness while we true fans are depressed.

Laughing Laughing Keep knocking back the Corio Hiss ol son, you are getting sillier by the minute, if you bothered to read my posts youd see thru the haze that i am continually sticking up for this young team, and for Bucks, and i am very positive about the future, with this very young list. Unlike you, i dont expect instant flags when we have totally rebuilt the side with exciting young enthusiastic players, whom i defend time after time. If anyones a rock ape its you, constantly pissing and moaniing after a loss, youi are the negative soul of Nicks, sometimes you make sense, but to accuse me of hating the club, after i have defended the team, eddie and our coach time and again, on here, is just so ludicrous it beggars belief. Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:20 pm

[quote="Piesnchess"]
Hiss wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Hiss wrote:

Laughing Laughing Keep knocking back the Corio Hiss ol son, you are getting sillier by the minute, if you bothered to read my posts youd see thru the haze that i am continually sticking up for this young team, and for Bucks, and i am very positive about the future, with this very young list. Unlike you, i dont expect instant flags when we have totally rebuilt the side with exciting young enthusiastic players, whom i defend time after time. If anyones a rock ape its you, constantly pissing and moaniing after a loss, youi are the negative soul of Nicks, sometimes you make sense, but to accuse me of hating the club, after i have defended the team, eddie and our coach time and again, on here, is just so ludicrous it beggars belief. Exclamation

You mask you fake love of our Club by praising failure. You beggar belief. Praising failure is the ultimate insult to our proud Club traditions. You are the fraud of Nicks who pretends to love Collingwood comfortable with losing in the knowledge your true love Hawthorn will be above us on the ladder soon. Such a disgrace.

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

eddiesmith wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Mr. Burns wrote:
Look. This year we are going to lose games that we thought we'd win and win games that we'd thought we'd lose. That is going to happen this year. We need to be consistent in playing our young kids.

Yep, was lots of posters suggesting we could be 7-4 at the bye when we were sitting 4-2 with "winnable" games to come. I got howled down when I suggested we could just as easily be 4-7.

Why is that people with the most unrealistic expectations seem to also be the most vitriolic following a loss?

The people who think we are good and should beat shit teams are going to get pissed off when we lose to those shit teams

Of course the people who think we are shit and expect us to lose every week are going to be happy when we lose because they were right!

So after every loss you will see the extremes, most people are in the middle somewhere but the extremes make it more entertaining. Of course after a win the pessimists are nowhere to be seem, optimists go overboard and neutrals try to bring them back down to earth Laughing

That sums up this board perfectly. Well played, sir!

I like to think I'm a person who thinks we are average and expects to still beat everyone but gets pissed off when we lose to anybody.

Oh yeah, and for what Ramsay did to Sansa last night we need to do to the Gold Coast this week. Get 'em lads!

MONCO: Your life.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 1:24 pm

jackcass wrote:
Mr. Burns wrote:
Look. This year we are going to lose games that we thought we'd win and win games that we'd thought we'd lose. That is going to happen this year. We need to be consistent in playing our young kids.

Yep, was lots of posters suggesting we could be 7-4 at the bye when we were sitting 4-2 with "winnable" games to come. I got howled down when I suggested we could just as easily be 4-7.

Why is that people with the most unrealistic expectations seem to also be the most vitriolic following a loss?

Best post in this entire thread.

Some of us warned that this exact scenario would play out (losing some winnable games, grabbing an unlikely victory in other games, form fluctuating etc.) because this is what developing teams do. However the ego filled mega champion posters who always think we are going to win every frigging game by 12 goals deserve the shit they get for being on planet unrealistic by choice. You choose, you lose.
You have every right to post your totally unrealistic opinions but then to criticise Collingwood instead of having a good look at yourselves in the mirror beggars belief..... Rolling Eyes
If you want to be totally unrealistic each and every week, go right ahead but at least have the bloody balls afterwards to admit that you were wrong instead of arrogantly blaming a developing team still not at peak performance level. Shocked

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:54 pm

[quote="Hiss"]
Piesnchess wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Hiss wrote:

You mask you fake love of our Club by praising failure. You beggar belief. Praising failure is the ultimate insult to our proud Club traditions. You are the fraud of Nicks who pretends to love Collingwood comfortable with losing in the knowledge your true love Hawthorn will be above us on the ladder soon. Such a disgrace.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing OH dear, our Hiss is now officially off the planet, in some twilight zone universe of unreality, hes reached the outer limits of reason now. Confused Cool

Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:51 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
The best thing about the last 2 weeks is that we get to play both sides again before the season is out.

I want another shot at them.

YEH !! and next time we should have likes of greenwood, reid, sidey and perhaps Moore in the team, b e very different games, reverse the result. Cool

Mate of those four players you list only Steele Sidebottom is any certainty to be a force this season. Reid is all but finished with injury. Greenwood will be out for quite a few more weeks or months and I'm not sure if he adds much pace to our slow midfield. As for Darcy Moore, I thought the club had put him away for the season because of dodgy hamstrings and a body that is clearly not up to AFL standards for strength and hardness. The other thing to say about Moore is that he is not helped by people putting too many expectations on him. I mean look at what happened to Jack Watts at Melbourne.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:34 pm

Golden Gordon wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
The best thing about the last 2 weeks is that we get to play both sides again before the season is out.

YEH !! and next time we should have likes of greenwood, reid, sidey and perhaps Moore in the team, b e very different games, reverse the result. Cool

Mate of those four players you list only Steele Sidebottom is any certainty to be a force this season. Reid is all but finished with injury. Greenwood will be out for quite a few more weeks or months and I'm not sure if he adds much pace to our slow midfield. As for Darcy Moore, I thought the club had put him away for the season because of dodgy hamstrings and a body that is clearly not up to AFL standards for strength and hardness. The other thing to say about Moore is that he is not helped by people putting too many expectations on him. I mean look at what happened to Jack Watts at Melbourne.

I knew Jack Watts, and let me tell you, Darcy Moore is no Jack Watts. Wink
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:38 pm

Golden Gordon wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Perhaps mate, but i heard greenwood might be cherry ripe in four weeks or so, and isnt Reid nearly back on track for the VFL ? Confused

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:02 pm

Just watched Football Classified. Apparently 30 secs was lost in the last quarter around the 14 minute mark when the umpire blew time on but the timekeeper didn't hear the whistle.

Who knows, but that 30 secs could have been the difference between the loss and a one point win.
Pete 70 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:01 pm

This is my 2 bobs worth:
1 We have 2 of our 3 starting midfielders out (G man and Steele)
2 Our best midfielder clearly injured (Bucks lives above an ancient Indian Burial ground)
3 Two of our best players, rounds 1-5 injured. Seedsman returning but missed the previous game, Ramsay still out.
4 Our most experienced small back gets injured early on
5 Richmond were playing their grand final (whole week of introspection before this game).
6 Herr Schmidt
7 We don't play very well and lose by 5 points.
I think we are improving and are on the right track. And for all those people who bag the shit out of Jesse yeah he's not Roughhead but watch how pumped he is when Blair kicks the goal in the last quarter, and then how he rips the ball out of a pack on the wing with a few minutes to go. You don't think he's giving his all - and you would just bag the shit out of him then you have a case of Richmondsupporteritus. Best solution is to get on there next 5 year plan, it will stray in September when they miss the 8. We won't.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:54 pm

The Seedsmeister wrote:
Just watched Football Classified. Apparently 30 secs was lost in the last quarter around the 14 minute mark when the umpire blew time on but the timekeeper didn't hear the whistle.

Who knows, but that 30 secs could have been the difference between the loss and a one point win.

That Happens in Most Games I think.

As seems to come up a fair bit with Close Finished.

30 Seconds should not been the Difference

cityslick1 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:07 pm

Reality check, pure and simple.

We've only played one of the other top 8 teams, and they smashed us. We've done well to beat teams like essendon, but I fear that this loss will dent the players confidence, knowing that we're not a genuine top 8 side.

We'll no doubt slip a further 3 - 6 places across the season, but some promising signs - even in patches of this game - are still there. Broomhead looked a bit lost, PK looks way off, and gold sack still isn't doing enough for mine. He has def gone backwards since last year. Crisp at least looks like a v good player, as does de Goey, and Adams, Witts actually looked a lot better, Grundy will get better and better, whilst Langdon is a gun and was an absolute steal. Swan is back, but he will be gone by 2017 and our next serious tilt at a flag. We should have enough mids waiting in the wings tho, so Instead of going after dangerfield, we NEED a gun forward. id love to jag a MCCarthy or Patton, assuming Cameron goes nowhere, unless Cox or Gault can miraculously become star forwards to aid Moore or Reid in the future...

I'd even take a stab at jack watts to see what we can do with him, as Trav is sadly sucking up too much salary cap, and will be even less effective by 2017
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:17 am

We were better on the inside, they were better on the outside.
We had plenty of "what if" moments that could've and should've swayed the game our way, they had no inch to spare.
Add the less than consensual penetration we received from the umpires, especially Schmidt.

Gutted, we should've won that game.
But it's hardly a case of "look how bad we are", we should've won that game.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:39 am

The Seedsmeister wrote:

I stand to be corrected but I think there are always TWO timekeepers, one from each club. I'd question why the Collingwood timekeeper didnt hear the whistle?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12   

Jump to: