Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies pipped by Tigers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
Mr. Burns wrote:
Look. This year we are going to lose games that we thought we'd win and win games that we'd thought we'd lose. That is going to happen this year. We need to be consistent in playing our young kids.

Yep, was lots of posters suggesting we could be 7-4 at the bye when we were sitting 4-2 with "winnable" games to come. I got howled down when I suggested we could just as easily be 4-7.

Why is that people with the most unrealistic expectations seem to also be the most vitriolic following a loss?

we could be anything. i had fairly high hopes we could turn at the bye with only a couple of losses. i expected us to beat richmond and even geelong. a more likely scenario is 6-5 given we have we have gcs, north, melbourne and gws. there is a tough run from rounds 13 to 17 and by the end of round 17 we could very well be 6-10 or 8-8.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:06 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Well we started much better than last week but ended up replicating that performance in the second quarter.

If we had of converted a couple more opportunities in that first term we might have killed the spirit of the tigers right then and there.

Not much difference between the sides in the end, just a case of Richmond taking there chances a little better than we did.

Big month coming up now.

Just can't seem to manage a 4 quarter performance and it's really hurting up. Two very evenly matched side by age and games played with Tiges a smidgeon ahead of us as with the result.

People rightly point to a poor conversion but it's a team thing rather than an individual thing. Our efficiency inside 50 is very ordinary, particularly for the entries we get. We handball too much, which is fine if executed well, not so good if you're continually hitting players at their feet. We seemed unable to keep our feet with so many players just slipping over and consequently being out of the contest or under pressure.

Overall a disappointing loss. Next!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:07 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Midfield badly beaten.
Same as last week.
There is nothing in the VFL at the moment.
Our pressure in the first half was woeful.
If you want to win matches then you better
work harder than that effort.
Numerous players were not up to scratch.

Kennedy has been good since he returned from illness, hopefully his injury isn't too bad.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:25 pm

Bucks2014 wrote:
I'm really disappointed as it confirmed for me where we are at. Richmond are a poor/shite football side but they won because for some reason they wanted the ball more.

Again we were smashed out of the middle, I'm getting sick of that so please pies work it out.

Should have been all over at 1/4 time, misses just kill you especially when Riewoldt hadn't touched the ball and then kicks 2 in a minute in the second.

Dominated the last quarter but again no score board pressure.

I liked how we never gave up, hate that our best player and only A grader is injured.

Thank god there is next week, but this one has really hurt.

Kennedy who I'm a wrap for in next week, out Broomhead and Karnezis.

Why do people continually make this claim? There squad is unlikely to ever push far into finals but they remain a viable final 8 contender. They've been playing poorly, yes, and got a pasting in the media as a consequence. Just like the Cats the week before, on the back of a media mauling they played at their optimum. Tiges will scare more than a few sides this year.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:27 pm
Post subject: Re: YeahReply with quote

September Zeros wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Yeah lol lets now call this disgraceful colliwoobles another development year! Oh yeah we can also blame the umpires. weather, travelling interstate, rebuilding, new coach, trying different game plans, young side, blah blah blah. I hope to find a book soon in our gift shop titled A Seasons Worth of Excuses. But the underlying tragedy behind this is a culture a loosing that is endorsed by moronic fans that think poor game performances are ok. Just find excuses to rationalise it. Well that is why we should consider a merge with Melbourne. Our fan culture is identical. Our home ground is the same. Business synergies are perfect. Makes commercial sense. Minor differences in playing performances in recent seasons.

....your fly's undone.

Laughing Embarassed
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:59 pm

jackcass wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Midfield badly beaten.
Same as last week.
There is nothing in the VFL at the moment.
Our pressure in the first half was woeful.
If you want to win matches then you better
work harder than that effort.
Numerous players were not up to scratch.

Kennedy has been good since he returned from illness, hopefully his injury isn't too bad.

Maybe we could do a straight swap with Broomhead.
Time for both these players to start putting runs on the board.
A few scribes are debating Broomsheads real value at AFL level.
3rd year midfielders need to step up.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:28 pm

jackcass wrote:
Mr. Burns wrote:
Look. This year we are going to lose games that we thought we'd win and win games that we'd thought we'd lose. That is going to happen this year. We need to be consistent in playing our young kids.

Yep, was lots of posters suggesting we could be 7-4 at the bye when we were sitting 4-2 with "winnable" games to come. I got howled down when I suggested we could just as easily be 4-7.

Why is that people with the most unrealistic expectations seem to also be the most vitriolic following a loss?

The people who think we are good and should beat shit teams are going to get pissed off when we lose to those shit teams

Of course the people who think we are shit and expect us to lose every week are going to be happy when we lose because they were right!

So after every loss you will see the extremes, most people are in the middle somewhere but the extremes make it more entertaining. Of course after a win the pessimists are nowhere to be seem, optimists go overboard and neutrals try to bring them back down to earth Laughing
Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 3:34 pm

3rd degree wrote:
Culprit wrote:
I didn't get to see much of the game, how bad did Toovey hurt his knee?

In Buckley's Presser he said jarred and they will have a scan. He didn't look too bad walking off at the end.

If Balmy says it's a two week injury lookout. It will probably be a complete reconstruction. Wink Sad

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 3:46 pm

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-05-17/de-goeys-first-goal-on-the-mcg

Great Shot on Goal by De Goey. Loved that he stepped in front of White. De Goey better Player and Kick then White.

Also Lovely Kick from Grundy

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:16 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-05-17/de-goeys-first-goal-on-the-mcg

Great Shot on Goal by De Goey. Loved that he stepped in front of White. De Goey better Player and Kick then White.

Also Lovely Kick from Grundy

Obviously not the one he passed off to a player in a worse position!

What is your thoughts on Grundy not even taking a shot from 10m out? Very costly in the end
Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:22 pm

Just rewatched the game and it really was a bloody good match despite the loss.

We weren't bad, the effort was great but Richmond were better.

One thing I will say is that when we lift our pressure and tackle count we are very, very good. Our quick handballs in close and linking is starting to come together and you can see (finally) a definitive working game plan and a better functioning forward line (despite the poor conversion) which is a vast improvement on last year already for mine.

We can't sustain that manic pressure all game at present and probably not even for an entire quarter really but when we can, look out because we will start smashing sides.

We obviously aren't there yet or even close but we are heading in the right direction and the players look to be developing and more importantly learning.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:39 pm

The best thing about the last 2 weeks is that we get to play both sides again before the season is out.

I want another shot at them.

i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:02 pm

We are beginning to become ruthless - like hawks and geelong in their day. BUT we lapse, and in those lapses the opposition pounce.

if bucks can focus the team for all four quarters and all of the time during those quarters - we will be a machine.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:54 pm
Post subject: Re: YeahReply with quote

[quote="Hiss"]Yeah lol lets now call this disgraceful colliwoobles another development year! Oh yeah we can also blame the umpires. weather, travelling interstate, rebuilding, new coach, trying different game plans, young side, blah blah blah. I hope to find a book soon in our gift shop titled A Seasons Worth of Excuses. But the underlying tragedy behind this is a culture a loosing that is endorsed by moronic fans that think poor game performances are ok. Just find excuses to rationalise it. Well that is why we should consider a merge with Melbourne. Our fan culture is identical. Our home ground is the same. Business synergies are perfect. Makes commercial sense. Minor differences in playing performances in recent seasons.[/quot

Looks like the good ol corio 5 star has kicked in again. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:57 pm

swoop42 wrote:
The best thing about the last 2 weeks is that we get to play both sides again before the season is out.

I want another shot at them.

YEH !! and next time we should have likes of greenwood, reid, sidey and perhaps Moore in the team, b e very different games, reverse the result. Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12   

Jump to: