Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies pipped by Tigers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Richmond were better than us on the day and wanted the win more. We had too many passengers today and the kicking of our key forwards - what can you say about it? It not likely to improve much now.

We are a middle rank side at the moment that often plays as individuals and likely to stay that way for a while. I put no faith on the arrival of messanic-like untried youngsters to lead us to the promised land.

Hopefully we can beat the Suns next week or we are in real trouble.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:45 am

Flashman wrote:
Jezza wrote:
DT wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I actually thought we fought it out pretty well. Before the game I thought we'd smash the Tigers, but they played to save their season today. We paid dearly for not being much further ahead at quarter time. We just lacked a bit of class in the end. We have a bunch of youngsters and they'll be better in time. We really miss Sidey and Pendles ankle injury has finally caught up with him. I expect him to miss one or two weeks now. Karnezis is simply not an AFL player and should never be picked again. He is far too slow and lacks intensity. Broomhead is a shadow of his form from late last year. Perhaps he needs a few weeks in the VFL. Losing Toovey proved fatal as we were unable to control their fast forwards after that. Varcoe does some nice things, but seems incapable of really impacting the game. I'm not too upset at today. We are a middle of the road team in re-building mode. Games like this should really be 50/50 which is what it was. It could have gone either way. De Goey did a few good things and will be better for the run.

Yes I think unfortunately that Karnezis is a very good VFL player but too slow for AFL. A pity as he had good skill.

Yes Karnezis has all the tools of a good footballer but he's way too slow and unfit to be successful right now. I'm worried that he won't make it when push comes to shove.

Lacks the necessary mongrel Jezza.

Patty is skilful but not fast, tough, strong or brave particularly. If we were a powerhouse and flogging an opposition side then PK would be a real asset with his smarts and beautiful finishing skills. Unfortunately we're not at present and Patty isn't much of an asset due to a lack of visible desire to impose himself on a contest let alone a game.

Fasolo is very similar but can at least be a bit more robust when required.

I agree with that and I'd also include Jesse White onto that list as well in terms of lacking mongrel.

No wonder why our forward line hasn't functioned well for a long time now.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:46 am

piedys wrote:
Yep, our last great winning streak pissed against the wall.
Well done arsehats.

Chin up, Dyso. We still haven't lost to GWS...

...yet.

Shocked Surprised

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:48 am

Jezza wrote:
Very frustrating match today! We started very well and should have been further in front at quarter time but I just felt like that a little bit of complacency crept up into the playing group due to the relative ease we had over the Tigers in the first quarter and we were made to pay in the second quarter increased its intensity and pressure around the ball.

It was a match of ebb and flows today when it came to momentum. We did well to fight back in the third quarter after the Tigers led by 24 points but we were just outplayed in several areas today. Richmond smashed us in the centre clearances in the last quarter with Martin dominating and the umpiring was a disgrace at various times. At half time Richmond led the free kick count 12 to 3 so this demonstrated how uneven it was despite some of these frees and 50m penalties in favour of Richmond being very questionable but the umpiring didn't cost us today however. The misses of White late in the first quarter and Seedsman at the three quarter time break really hurt us and haunted us in the end. When those opportunities arise you have to make the most of them and I hope White and Seedsman learn from that.

In terms of individual players Swan was excellent for the majority of the match, Crisp just has so much poise and composure and he's been a beauty for us this year, Grundy works tirelessly and will be the best ruckman in the game in a few years, De Goey showed plenty of promise for a first gamer and will be worth retaining next week.

The disappointing players of the day that stood out to me were Jesse White, Patrick Karnezis and Jarryd Witts. White and Witts frustrate me because they don't impose themselves when they're in attack and Karnezis looked far too slow for my liking today. I don't think I'd be against dropping him to the reserves next week.

A frustrating match to watch but it's worth reminding ourselves that this year is another year of development. Some might feel it's a cop out and lowering expectations but I just feel we're still a very young side that's bound to have good and bad weeks and it's going to be a work in progress. I always maintained that if we could show that we were heading in the right direction with a game plan and contend for a finals spot but not necessarily make it then we've done really well in 2015. We're in the 9-12 bracket as it's been well-established we're not a bottom four side after convincing wins against Brisbane, St.Kilda and Carlton earlier in the season but we've failed in the last two weeks to demonstrate that playing finals is a very strong chance of occurring but we'll see what happens next week and beyond now.

Great write up Jezza. Unlike Paddy and White, Witts will continue to develop. When considering that the game is relatively new to Witts and the fact that big men normally take longer to develop, it is reasonable to put him down as a developing player. White is never going to get harder at the ball and more accurate in front of goals when the pressure is on and Paddy is not going to get any quicker.

De Goey and Crisp are the big positives to come out of this game along with Swan demonstrating the skills and class that make him an exceptional player.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:50 am

We have a good run against the Bloozers building… I am pretty sure Bux has never lost to MM.

We also haven't lost to the saints for a while… must have been 2010.

Have we lost to Melbourne? Never lost to GWS…

Are doing well on the Anzac day games…

Olympic stadium is another good one although we might have dropped one in 2012 in the last 10 up there against swans… noted they booked us for a game at the SCG this year… Sad

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:11 am

yin-YANG wrote:
We have a good run against the Bloozers building… I am pretty sure Bux has never lost to MM.

We also haven't lost to the saints for a while… must have been 2010.

Have we lost to Melbourne? Never lost to GWS…

Are doing well on the Anzac day games…

Olympic stadium is another good one although we might have dropped one in 2012 in the last 10 up there against swans… noted they booked us for a game at the SCG this year… Sad

Moving all their home games back to the SCG is going to help with the prolonging of Buddy's career.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:46 am

Flashman wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
Over rated bunch of hacks!

If anyone comes on here singing ANY CFC players praises I am gonna vomit!

You reckon you don't even give a shit about AFL so why do you care?

What so because I haven't given the AFL any of my money, doesn't mean I wanna see COLL sitting on the bottom of the ladder & losing to a bunch of dickheads!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:47 am

Very disapointing to lose this match, we just didnt have the run, Toovey's absence was really felt. Hopefully he will be right to play next week along with Ramsay and possibly Sidebottom. We really had a crack very happy with Swan , Crisp and Cloke. Marley worked hard down back. Frost and Brown were good early but got caught out of position too much. A horrible thing hearing there teeny bopper fans!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Redlight 

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:14 pm

Gerry Cooper wrote:
Richmond were better than us on the day and wanted the win more. We had too many passengers today and the kicking of our key forwards - what can you say about it? It not likely to improve much now.

We are a middle rank side at the moment that often plays as individuals and likely to stay that way for a while. I put no faith on the arrival of messanic-like untried youngsters to lead us to the promised land.

Hopefully we can beat the Suns next week or we are in real trouble.

You should. The influx of well-chosen young players is how sides become serious contenders. In fact it's pretty much the only way.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:35 pm

I didn't get to see much of the game, how bad did Toovey hurt his knee?
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:46 pm

Culprit wrote:
I didn't get to see much of the game, how bad did Toovey hurt his knee?

In Buckley's Presser he said jarred and they will have a scan. He didn't look too bad walking off at the end.

www.facebook/the hybernators
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:50 pm

Mr. Burns wrote:
Look. This year we are going to lose games that we thought we'd win and win games that we'd thought we'd lose. That is going to happen this year. We need to be consistent in playing our young kids.

Yep, was lots of posters suggesting we could be 7-4 at the bye when we were sitting 4-2 with "winnable" games to come. I got howled down when I suggested we could just as easily be 4-7.

Why is that people with the most unrealistic expectations seem to also be the most vitriolic following a loss?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:54 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
To be fair to Jesse White and that miss I think he was still getting over the shock of taking a contested mark

Laughing Embarassed
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:59 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
We are middle of the road and so are Richmond but despite the loss I'm still confident both sides are heading in different directions.

Yep.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:00 pm

Flashman wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Flashman wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
Over rated bunch of hacks!

If anyone comes on here singing ANY CFC players praises I am gonna vomit!

You reckon you don't even give a shit about AFL so why do you care?

lol. another irrelevant, hypocritical comment from this poster.

Me or her? Wink

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12   

Jump to: