Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies pipped by Tigers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:08 pm
Post subject: YeahReply with quote

Yeah lol lets now call this disgraceful colliwoobles another development year! Oh yeah we can also blame the umpires. weather, travelling interstate, rebuilding, new coach, trying different game plans, young side, blah blah blah. I hope to find a book soon in our gift shop titled A Seasons Worth of Excuses. But the underlying tragedy behind this is a culture a loosing that is endorsed by moronic fans that think poor game performances are ok. Just find excuses to rationalise it. Well that is why we should consider a merge with Melbourne. Our fan culture is identical. Our home ground is the same. Business synergies are perfect. Makes commercial sense. Minor differences in playing performances in recent seasons.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well how bloody disappointing.

Reasonable first full game from De Goey. Very good game from Grundy. Some of the defence did well. Pendles is injured that's for sure even before his limp.

But boy oh boy.

White & PK are simply not good enough. White for a KPP is simply lacking in too many areas.

We did not pressure enough, we did not work hard enough & we lost far too many centre clearances. Should have had 2-3 more in the first qtr.

In the last Cloke misses what he should have got then De Lidio (however one spells his name) slots two.

Loved the double handed tap by Witts over his head in the fwd pocket that resulted in a goal.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:16 pm

Very frustrating match today! We started very well and should have been further in front at quarter time but I just felt like that a little bit of complacency crept up into the playing group due to the relative ease we had over the Tigers in the first quarter and we were made to pay in the second quarter increased its intensity and pressure around the ball.

It was a match of ebb and flows today when it came to momentum. We did well to fight back in the third quarter after the Tigers led by 24 points but we were just outplayed in several areas today. Richmond smashed us in the centre clearances in the last quarter with Martin dominating and the umpiring was a disgrace at various times. At half time Richmond led the free kick count 12 to 3 so this demonstrated how uneven it was despite some of these frees and 50m penalties in favour of Richmond being very questionable but the umpiring didn't cost us today however. The misses of White late in the first quarter and Seedsman at the three quarter time break really hurt us and haunted us in the end. When those opportunities arise you have to make the most of them and I hope White and Seedsman learn from that.

In terms of individual players Swan was excellent for the majority of the match, Crisp just has so much poise and composure and he's been a beauty for us this year, Grundy works tirelessly and will be the best ruckman in the game in a few years, De Goey showed plenty of promise for a first gamer and will be worth retaining next week.

The disappointing players of the day that stood out to me were Jesse White, Patrick Karnezis and Jarryd Witts. White and Witts frustrate me because they don't impose themselves when they're in attack and Karnezis looked far too slow for my liking today. I don't think I'd be against dropping him to the reserves next week.

A frustrating match to watch but it's worth reminding ourselves that this year is another year of development. Some might feel it's a cop out and lowering expectations but I just feel we're still a very young side that's bound to have good and bad weeks and it's going to be a work in progress. I always maintained that if we could show that we were heading in the right direction with a game plan and contend for a finals spot but not necessarily make it then we've done really well in 2015. We're in the 9-12 bracket as it's been well-established we're not a bottom four side after convincing wins against Brisbane, St.Kilda and Carlton earlier in the season but we've failed in the last two weeks to demonstrate that playing finals is a very strong chance of occurring but we'll see what happens next week and beyond now.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:28 pm
Post subject: Re: YeahReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Yeah lol lets now call this disgraceful colliwoobles another development year! Oh yeah we can also blame the umpires. weather, travelling interstate, rebuilding, new coach, trying different game plans, young side, blah blah blah. I hope to find a book soon in our gift shop titled A Seasons Worth of Excuses. But the underlying tragedy behind this is a culture a loosing that is endorsed by moronic fans that think poor game performances are ok. Just find excuses to rationalise it. Well that is why we should consider a merge with Melbourne. Our fan culture is identical. Our home ground is the same. Business synergies are perfect. Makes commercial sense. Minor differences in playing performances in recent seasons.

....your fly's undone.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:38 pm

While I'm not advocating it if people really want Witts out then I'd be more inclined to go with just Grundy, White and Cloke and bring in another runner.

Gault's VFL form just doesn't warrant a return to the side at present and until Reid is fit or we're prepared to trial Moore forward we might have to contend with the current group of players we saw today.

Perhaps next week we throw Witts into the ruck more often and see what Grundy can do forward as until one of them starts consistently being a threat inside f50 the partnership will cost us in terms of mobility and defensive pressure without the goals or ruck dominance coming in return.

DT 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:50 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I actually thought we fought it out pretty well. Before the game I thought we'd smash the Tigers, but they played to save their season today. We paid dearly for not being much further ahead at quarter time. We just lacked a bit of class in the end. We have a bunch of youngsters and they'll be better in time. We really miss Sidey and Pendles ankle injury has finally caught up with him. I expect him to miss one or two weeks now. Karnezis is simply not an AFL player and should never be picked again. He is far too slow and lacks intensity. Broomhead is a shadow of his form from late last year. Perhaps he needs a few weeks in the VFL. Losing Toovey proved fatal as we were unable to control their fast forwards after that. Varcoe does some nice things, but seems incapable of really impacting the game. I'm not too upset at today. We are a middle of the road team in re-building mode. Games like this should really be 50/50 which is what it was. It could have gone either way. De Goey did a few good things and will be better for the run.

Yes I think unfortunately that Karnezis is a very good VFL player but too slow for AFL. A pity as he had good skill.

DT 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:52 pm
Post subject: Re: YeahReply with quote

Hiss wrote:

Not very intelligent remarks. You can do much better.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:52 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
It's official, we are now worse than Richmond, congrats to all! It isn't like we didn't try or play our best, we did but this is our level. We lose to average teams, get smashed by middle-top teams and beat the weakest of the competition.

So far away from where we all want to be it is going to be years away.

Also, if you tag Pendles out of the game anyone can beat us.

We just have far too many kids playing, some are going ok some just look lost out there. Our experienced players just aren't top shelf to carry the load. It is a bit depressing where we are at, not too many more wins to come this season.

How are we worse then them?

We lost by less then a Kick and we got utterly Screwed by the Scumpies.

And Missing Steele and Greenwood. Toovey went off early

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:53 pm

Wokko wrote:
Grundy not taking his shot (and Seeds' subsequent shank), YACS* and Jesse "Cavewoman" White either shanking or putting in the short steps. Relying on Blair as a leading forward and a couple of passengers. Turned a 24-30 point win into a loss. Well done.

*Yet another Cloke Special

Grundys Field Kicking today was Really Good

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:55 pm

DT wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I actually thought we fought it out pretty well. Before the game I thought we'd smash the Tigers, but they played to save their season today. We paid dearly for not being much further ahead at quarter time. We just lacked a bit of class in the end. We have a bunch of youngsters and they'll be better in time. We really miss Sidey and Pendles ankle injury has finally caught up with him. I expect him to miss one or two weeks now. Karnezis is simply not an AFL player and should never be picked again. He is far too slow and lacks intensity. Broomhead is a shadow of his form from late last year. Perhaps he needs a few weeks in the VFL. Losing Toovey proved fatal as we were unable to control their fast forwards after that. Varcoe does some nice things, but seems incapable of really impacting the game. I'm not too upset at today. We are a middle of the road team in re-building mode. Games like this should really be 50/50 which is what it was. It could have gone either way. De Goey did a few good things and will be better for the run.

Yes I think unfortunately that Karnezis is a very good VFL player but too slow for AFL. A pity as he had good skill.

Yes Karnezis has all the tools of a good footballer but he's way too slow and unfit to be successful right now. I'm worried that he won't make it when push comes to shove.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:04 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Jessica White is frigging lucky we can't promote Michael Still from the VFL list mid-season, because he would be out on his lard arse otherwise. Unlike White, Still actually takes marks, has a brain in his head and kicks. Freeking. GOALS!!!

Ugh!

What I seen I would not be sad if We drafted him with a Late/Last Pick in the Draft

Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:11 pm

Jezza wrote:
DT wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Yes Karnezis has all the tools of a good footballer but he's way too slow and unfit to be successful right now. I'm worried that he won't make it when push comes to shove.

Lacks the necessary mongrel Jezza.

Patty is skilful but not fast, tough, strong or brave particularly. If we were a powerhouse and flogging an opposition side then PK would be a real asset with his smarts and beautiful finishing skills. Unfortunately we're not at present and Patty isn't much of an asset due to a lack of visible desire to impose himself on a contest let alone a game.

Fasolo is very similar but can at least be a bit more robust when required.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:46 pm

My Thoughts:

Grundy got beat in the Ruck by Maric(Gun Ruckman) though was good around the Ground and his Kicking was really good

Adams as sold. Got lot of the Ball and Handballed well but His Kicking can be shocking at times

Witts is okay in the Ruck but can be a Liability around the Ground

De Goey was good. Was hard at it and laying 9 Tackles:thumbsu: Keep him in for the Suns Game

PK has no second efforts

Broomhead just does not win enough of the Ball. Great User but does not get Enough

Loosing Toovey stuffed up our Back Structure up

We lack Polish and Poise to take advantage when we have the Momentum

Scumps where Shocking.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:48 pm

PK hasn't played a game for us yet as good as some of his games as a Lion. I think he needs a decent run at it (Ie 4 qtrs) before we judge him.

Some rocket scientist suggested he'll be better in a good side. Well most players are. He's not an inside type to get his own ball. He's a finisher. Like several others. I think we should preserve. Lots of others in a similar boat as this group develops.

Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:55 pm

Damien wrote:
PK hasn't played a game for us yet as good as some of his games as a Lion. I think he needs a decent run at it (Ie 4 qtrs) before we judge him.

Some rocket scientist suggested he'll be better in a good side. Well most players are. He's not an inside type to get his own ball. He's a finisher. Like several others. I think we should preserve. Lots of others in a similar boat as this group develops.

Which is what I was saying essentially (whether or not we persevere with him is neither here nor there).

I don't get why you feel the need to be a wanker about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12   

Jump to: