Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies a chance to make the 2015 finals in a crowded race

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

it was good to see the moggies get some payback, after their Footscray-like demolition of our mob last week (play like crap then turn it on against ONE team just to prove they're not a bum...)

The teams we play twice this year are a much easier proposition than last year. We have a good chance to beat Essendon, Carlton, Richmond (fingers crossed) and Melbourne twice - that's eight wins. Then we only need four more wins from the rest, 2 of which we have already done, Brisbane and Saints. Add to this the fact the palookas are beating the big boys, and the mor teams, you have a strong chance at anywhere from 6 to 8.
Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:40 am

yin-YANG wrote:

My current prediction is…

Freo
Hawks
Port
Swans
Roos
Crows
Cats
Pies
Dogs
Giants
Eagles

Bummers
Tigers

I think people are still underrating the Weagles and GWS. Have you watched the last two games by the GWS? They beat an out of sorts Hawthorn, but they weren't handed the game on a plate. They annihilated the Scum yesterday and although Calrton were pathetic GWS were incredible. What amazes me is the size of these blokes. Mumford is a monster, but hell they have half a dozen kids almost as tall and General Patton sitting on the sidelines. They will destroy sides in the next couple of years and we will have to be switched on to beat them this year.

As for the Weagles, people are right about the pivital role Kennedy plays. But don't forget LeCras and Yeo tore it up yesterday and a bloke named Wellingham looked pretty good as well. Wink No they are finalists for me. Hurn is outstanding and Priddis is a ball magnet. Remember that they play half their games in Perth and on current form will win most of them.

That raises the ussue that Melbourne sides really don't have a home ground advantage. That is why Geelong is always going to be a big chance. They are like an interstate side with their home ground advantage. Don't tell me the MCG is an advantage for us. Everybody play the G like the town bike. So we are up against it, but there are far more positives than negatives for us at the moment. The Pies can still make it as long as we keep winning the winnable games. Very Happy

Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:44 am

HAL wrote:
No one else expects the Tigers to come good at some stage.

As Richie Benaud would have said of that statement HAL, "marvellous that."

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition either. Laughing

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:47 am

Oops. Too much data.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:36 am

I hope we are near full strength when we play GWS in round 11 at the G. Should be an absolute corker.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:54 pm

John Wren wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
I also expect the Tigers to come good at some stage.

2027?

2015?

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:57 pm

You can say goodbye to Collingwood playing finals now, 2 weeks ago it looked good but bad losses to sides who will struggle to play finals themselves suggests we wont be there.

With a dream draw this year this is a massive failure, you cannot lose to bottom 4 teams
Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:18 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
You can say goodbye to Collingwood playing finals now, 2 weeks ago it looked good but bad losses to sides who will struggle to play finals themselves suggests we wont be there.

With a dream draw this year this is a massive failure, you cannot lose to bottom 4 teams

I fear you may be right. It's not all gloom and doom, but we can't afford to slip up against any of the finals contenders, especially when you know we'll get flogged by the big boys. The awful thing is that Richmond is weak as the proverbial. They got towelled up by North. How does that make us look now?

Chin up folks, but I fear our season is on the line from now on.

Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:52 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
1-3 against teams we're supposed to be competing against for a top 8 position. Not good enough.

Sadly I think that might be right. Port Adelaide's loss today virtually rules them out of a top four finish, but their place looks like being taken up by West Coast. I can't see us challenging the top six sides, so we have to beat those scrambling for the last few places in the eight. Unfortunately so far we are failing to do that. Next week against the Suns could well be season defining.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: