Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Barnaby Joyce comes down hard on Film Piracy (& smugglin

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Culprit wrote:
There are more people upset about cattle being butchered in Vietnam than people being executed Bali. Shocked Laughing
the cows were harming no one. They at the very least deserve a painless as possible death.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:47 pm

David wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
Oh and spare me from the " you eat meat we kill in this country too argument" - I BLOODY DON'T - and IT MAKES ME SICK

Fine, but it means that your problem is not with Asians but the human race in general.

And, not that it would make any such generalisations okay either way, let's not forget that the foremost religions concerned with the welfare of animals are Asian—Sikhism, Buddhism and Hare Krishna-ism, just to name a few that come to mind.

I can't speak about Sikhs and Hare Krisnass but I can about a lot of buddhists here in Thailand . There are at present

Maltreated sun bears in a Buddhist temple near the River Kwai
A temple that gets its money by "rehabilitating"tigers. The reality is they are captured as cubs.
Thousands of abandoned dogs that contain rabies, worms , mange that live off garbage in every major city. Thais never neuter dogs.
Fish farms at temples where the catfish are literally stacked on top of each other. Peasants pay the monks for food to feed them. Monks eat the fish
In every city that tourists go you can see small animals heavily drugged so the "owner" can get money for photos.
Elephants being beaten by handlers as babies and taught to paint etc.

There is a zoo near me that has elephants chained up and people, mostly Russians and Japanese, pay money for bananas to feed them. They are all standing and swaying, bored to insanity. Baby tigers and bears chained for photo opportunity. Crocodile shows.

The chickens and ducks seem the only free range creatures I can see save for an elephant reserve near the Cambodian border patrolled by soldiers. Oh and squirrels.

And in the north east they will eat everything.

Cruelty to animals is only ever prosecuted if committed by a foreigner or in the Thais are seen to lose face.

And don't get me started on the wildlife in Borneo. The biggest single donator to the rescue centre for bears in Kalimantan is the local AFL footy club. The asians don't seem to care.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:19 pm

^ Great post!!

I edited my original post as I posted in anger and when I re read this am I thought hmmmm bit colourful and a bit over the top!

But I feel passionately about the mistreatment of animals worldwide at the hands of humans and I especially detest the mistreatment for "photo ops" and nonsensical beliefs not by poor villagers who know no better but by educated Asians who see such things as rhino horn as a "status symbol" Twisted Evil and Asia seem to be particularly bad at this and uninformed Westerners don't give a rats as long as they get the photo!

it ain't that hard - don't pat lion clubs cause when they are too big to be patted they will be sold off for canned hunting ( and yes sometimes the temptation is great as they are so bloody cute) bears don't "dance" for photo ops in the wild and elephants don't paint and should not be chained or maltreated so tourists can have an elephant ride and orangutans are beautiful intelligent creatures who were not put on earth to entertain stupid humans.

And surely it is not too big a reach to expect that animals slaughtered to feed the ever expanding number of humans are not subjected to brutal and painful practices - there are more humane ways IF the society it is occurring in actually care!!!!

I wouldn't give the freeloading monks a red cent - in my experience they seem to have less concern for the animals than most and more interest in the cash than most Evil or Very Mad

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:46 pm

I've donated a few times to the sun bear rescue program. last weekend I watched live on the net as two bears were rescued from a remote island. Can't find the site now, but there was also a lot of talk about the tiger temples. Good people are trying to get it shut down, or at least regulated

http://www.wfft.org/wildlife-general/tiger-temple-update/

http://matadornetwork.com/change/7-reasons-think-twice-visiting-thailands-tiger-temple/

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:56 pm

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/dangerous-john-hancock-blasts-barnaby-joyces-email-intervention-in-rinehart-trust-case-20150529-ghc8nr.html

Barnaby is copping it from the Rich.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:01 pm

Yep, pretty poor judgement from Bananaby. What was he thinking?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:09 pm

The statement was gold. Very damaging but the halfwit that Bananrby is he won't care.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:17 pm

David wrote:
Yep, pretty poor judgement from Bananaby. What was he thinking?

David, do enlighten yourself please. Gina (looks like she's been temporarily guzumped & didn't wait till the fat lady sang) has paid for Barnaby & others to go to a wedding in India so the Indian Coal mining sugar daddy would pay for mines in Australia & also be a conduit for her business interests in other areas of mining (of course that's when the price was north).

Barnaby's been doing her bidding for ages including well before the election: be it in climate change or other matters like mining. He's more partisan than well .....the partisans.

Now, the other part of your post is a making a huge assumption about Barnaby & thinking. More akin to an oxymoron really.

Last edited by watt price tully on Fri May 29, 2015 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:23 pm

That makes more sense, WPT. Amazing the amount of corruption that occurs out in the open, apparently without consequence.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:31 pm

David wrote:
That makes more sense, WPT. Amazing the amount of corruption that occurs out in the open, apparently without consequence.

Well, you don't need to question us David as we in the conservative government know what's best for the economy & what's best for you. Trust us. Don't trouble yourself with FTA's we've worked it all out.

Now lets focus people's minds on well the death cult....

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:48 pm

Time for the sequel.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/07/16/johnny-depps-wife-charged-with-animal-smuggling-australia/
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:20 am
Post subject: Re: Barnaby Joyce comes down hard on Film Piracy (& smugReply with quote

3.14159 wrote:
Barnaby Joyce (is that the Chattanooga chew chew?)

Hadn't heard that one before. Hilarious. Laughing
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:06 pm

I can't take credit for that little gem. Sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ53B7_VLk0

"Shovel all the coal in, gotta keep it rollin"! Laughing
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:56 pm

Nice work. Very Happy
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:06 pm

Good news.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/sep/07/amber-heard-ordered-to-face-australian-court-in-november-over-depp-dogs-debacle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: