Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Snoop's 2015 List management trade and draft thoughts

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 11:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Your knowledge is incredible and valuable Snoop Dog. Excellent reading.
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:14 pm

Don't know why anyone's thinking about trading Witts, given time to find his rythm with Grundy and time for both to adjust to what's required of them when resting in the forward 50, they will become a lethal combination for opposition teams to contend with.

As for who to target, FFS get Cam McCarthy he'll be a hell of a lot cheaper than some of the other forwards being mentioned plus as good if not better thanmot of them. Oh yeah and he kicks goals not points. As for his trade price either our first rounder or our second rounder plus a decent fringe player like Fasolo, Kennedy or White ( who would be expendable on obtaining Sunshine ).

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:22 pm

I can't imagine GWS entertaining offers for McCarthy unless he's specifically asked to be traded.

Even then given the amount of young talent they already possess draft picks might not be of much interest to them.

Stupied 

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 9:55 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I can't imagine GWS entertaining offers for McCarthy unless he's specifically asked to be traded.

Even then given the amount of young talent they already possess draft picks might not be of much interest to them.

Agree GWS are beyond trading for picks now. The only way they would trade someone like McCarthy is for another player who fits a need in their list. As much as I would be loathe to trade him, Witts would likely fit that need as the successor to Mumford, being an AFL quality ruck already at only 22.

Whether they would be more likely to trade McCarthy or Patton would be the question, but it's conceivable that they would trade one of the two given it would be difficult to fit all three in their forward line.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:09 pm

I've seen some people over at bigfooty mentioning the name Patton but for the life of me I just can't see why you'd be prepared to give away a first round selection or a Witts for a player who's already had 2 knee reconstructions.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:11 pm

If I have to choose, I pick away a first selection or a Witts for a player who's had 2 knee reconstructions to give away a first selection.
Museman 

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 7:25 am

OEP wrote:
. As for his trade price either our first rounder or our second rounder plus a decent fringe player like Fasolo, Kennedy or White ( who would be expendable on obtaining Sunshine ).

Wash your mouth out.
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:45 am

I would be very hesitant about trading a second ruckman, even if you can't fit them in the same side.

No less than 3 grand finals, 1981, 2003 and 2011 have been lost with a major contribution the loss of a ruckman. In Anthony Rocca's case in 2003, if we had a decent spare ruckman, we could have sent Fraser to the forward line and left him there. Wood was not up to it in 2011 when Jolley got injured, and Stuart Atkin although a trier, was not up to Fitzpatrick's standard.

Keep both ruckmen, and rotate them.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:36 am

swoop42 wrote:
I've seen some people over at bigfooty mentioning the name Patton but for the life of me I just can't see why you'd be prepared to give away a first round selection or a Witts for a player who's already had 2 knee reconstructions.

Licuria had knee reconstructions in both knees. Didn't worry him for the rest of his career. The problem I think is when the same reconstructed knee keeps breaking down. Thinking Menzel here. Not sure what the situation is with Patton.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:39 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Licuria had knee reconstructions in both knees. Didn't worry him for the rest of his career. The problem I think is when the same reconstructed knee keeps breaking down. Thinking Menzel here. Not sure what the situation is with Patton.

I believe Patton has done the same knee twice now.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:42 am

swoop42 wrote:

I'd be loathe to part with a top 10 pick, but a mid to late first rounder would tempt me.
To be honest though, I'd prefer we went to the draft and nabbed a Weideman or Schache and developed them alongside Moore.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 1:01 pm

I think our biggest need is for an elite-quick crumbling forward, Elliot plays tall and our other small forwards are fairly average, we need a smart player with elite speed who can get behind the defense, someone who can put real pressure on backlines.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 1:11 pm

Defender wrote:
I think our biggest need is for an elite-quick crumbling forward, Elliot plays tall and our other small forwards are fairly average, we need a smart player with elite speed who can get behind the defense, someone who can put real pressure on backlines.

You mean like Freeman

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 1:15 pm

For mine:

BACKS

? – BROWN - ?

HALF BACKS

LANGDON – FROST – ?

CENTRES

SEEDSMAN – PENDLEBURY – SIDEBOTTOM

HALF FORWARDS

? – CLOKE – DEGOEY

FORWARDS

ELLIOTT – REID – MOORE

RUCKS & ROVERS

GRUNDY – GREENWOOD – ADAMS

INTERCHANGE

CRISP – OXLEY – RAMSAY – WITTS

EMERG (8-10 can count on to be AFL standard if required)

? - KENNEDY – BROOMHEAD – ? – ?

MARSH – VARCOE – BLAIR – KARNEZIS

If we're talking wish list I'd like to see us get rid of Cloke and use the extra coin to get another gun midfielder to take over from Pendles. Then Pendles could do a Pavlich and play out his career in the forward line.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 1:42 pm

Dangles wrote:
For mine:

BACKS

? – BROWN - ?

HALF BACKS

LANGDON – FROST – ?

CENTRES

SEEDSMAN – PENDLEBURY – SIDEBOTTOM

HALF FORWARDS

? – CLOKE – DEGOEY

FORWARDS

ELLIOTT – REID – MOORE

RUCKS & ROVERS

GRUNDY – GREENWOOD – ADAMS

INTERCHANGE

CRISP – OXLEY – RAMSAY – WITTS

EMERG (8-10 can count on to be AFL standard if required)

? - KENNEDY – BROOMHEAD – ? – ?

MARSH – VARCOE – BLAIR – KARNEZIS

If we're talking wish list I'd like to see us get rid of Cloke and use the extra coin to get another gun midfielder to take over from Pendles. Then Pendles could do a Pavlich and play out his career in the forward line.

Using Pendles in place of Cloke is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. He would get monstered by any half compentent KPD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 5 of 14   

Jump to: