Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Snoop's 2015 List management trade and draft thoughts

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roar 

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 1:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Snoop Dog wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:
Is it too early to trade Witts though? I think if he continues to develop we may get more for him later - everyone wants ready made ruckmen and he's not there yet.

Could be used in a trade to get one of the talented kids out of GWS?

What would you do if Dylan Shiel wanted to leave and the only deal GWS would do was;

Shiel for Witts and a Rd 1

In a flash!

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 2:31 pm

Pass.

Midfielders are always easier to find and we have a number of good young mids coming through and all they need is time.

If we want a mid at a premium cost (salary cap) then it has to be Dangerfield.

I'd be prepared to give up our first and second rounder plus a fringe player in Fasolo if required for a player like Shiel or a young key forward but not Witts.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:05 pm

Snoop Dog wrote:
neil wrote:
Great analysis
Cannot agree with trading Witts and keeping White and Gault a club needs at least two true ruckmen and neither Gault nor White are that.
Not sold on White and Gault has zero trade currency.

Would never trade for an elite HBF as it would cost as much as an elite mid and can just move a good mid to the HBF

Agree it depends on how Reid recovers and can he regain form. Still think he will eventually end up forward then its goodbye White.

Again would ask the question - would you swap Witts for Shiel?

Also Suckling is a FA so won't be trading for them. Tend to agree you dont really want to trade for those types but we need an injection of skill of HB. I think Scharenberg will bring that though.

Doubt we will get Sheil or that he wants to leave.
Agree that most players are tradeable for the right price including Witts but the reality is Sheil would cost a shitload more than Witts.

Yes we need more skill on the HB and Scharenberg will give us that .

roar 

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 6:33 pm

neil wrote:

And Maynard, hopefully. I think Langdon's and Ramsay's disposal will also continue to improve.

Also not sure why we want to push Langdon into the midfield.

Snoop Dog 

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 6:36 pm

lefthanded wrote:
Great work Snoop!
Dwyer – I was very surprised to see you would be staggered if he’s still on the list next year, mainly because it’s a minimum of 3 delistings per year and this year we’ve pretty much got two already in Keeffe & Thomas so wouldn’t have expected Dwyer to be our worst. Looking through our list though and factoring in his age I could see it coming down to him & Young (age & injury counting against him) (noting that Armstrong’s only saving grace could be being on the rookie list instead of main, but this begs the question why not get rid of TA & rookie Dwyer? I could still see it being a case of getting rid of both but find it hard to justify keeping even a rookie TA ahead of a potential rookie Dwyer. You could also argue for getting rid of Dwyer & Young but I’d think it hard pressed to suggest finding someone who will offer more anytime soon in 4th round of draft so personally would keep one of them unless we trade in someone else, however to trade in quality we’d be giving up something of value ie more than a Dwyer or Young, so unless it is picks one stays for a year.

Witts – wouldn’t consider trading before end of 2016 unless we get a quality key forward in the deal as I think needs time to see how partnership with Grundy pans out and I think his value will only increase as he develops in the ruck and forward. As for your question about involving him in a trade for Shiel (if GWS specify that) I certainly wouldn’t include our first rounder. I’d actually be hesitant to even do a straight swap – simply because I think we have enough quality mids coming through and even if not quite Shiel quality they are a lot cheaper & easier to find then quality talls (which I think Witts will be). We also don’t wish to leave ourselves with Grundy as our only number one ruck option – will be a different story if Cox is AFL ready by end of 2015. Yes we will struggle a bit playing two rucks at present but I firmly believe it won’t be a problem in two or three years as more marks will stick through Witts’ improvement and improved delivery.

Best 22 in 2017 – I just don’t see Macaffer in there, happy to be proved wrong but I expect Broomy, BK, Oxley to all be ahead of him with Marsh & Witts others I’m hoping have also staked their claim and that already takes the numbers to 24. Swan is one I wouldn’t be surprised if he hangs up the boots end of 2016 but if his body holds up and we are genuine premiership chance than can equally see him going another year to finish on a high.
Witts & Marsh the only ‘key position’ players in your 8-10 emergencies. I think to cover injuries we’d need at least another of AFL standard by then. Could be Gault, Cox or someone else. I also wouldn’t want a player of Moore’s talent to be playing even as a backup ruck in the next several years, if at all, so see a chop out for Grundy (eg any of Witts, Gault, Cox to step up) as the other need for 2017.
Would love to see Freeman, Maynard & Abbott in that emergency group too, if Maynard isn’t pushing a 30 year old Toovey back to that slot or Freeman doing the same with Swan.

yeah I think that is an option re Dwyer and I should have written it down. I was more focussed on senior list.

I do think it might end up being 4 as we will have to take a min 3 selections and I'd be pretty confident we will be using our salary cap space on someone. If 3 I would think Dwyer still a touch more likely than Young but will depend on 2nd half season.

I would think Freeman and Maynard v good chances but Abbott needs to get fitter for mine.

Snoop Dog 

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 6:38 pm

roar wrote:
neil wrote:

And Maynard, hopefully. I think Langdon's and Ramsay's disposal will also continue to improve.

He played there last Sat night. I think Buckley wants his composure in the middle.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:25 pm

Snoop Dog wrote:
roar wrote:
neil wrote:

He played there last Sat night. I think Buckley wants his composure in the middle.

He's got plenty of footy smarts, some might say Pendlesque, which makes him a wonderful midfield prospect. Likewise, eventually, as does Scharenberg. In future years, once Pendles plays more and more time up forward, and Swan is no longer a Pie, we'll need the likes of Langdon, Scharenberg, Sidey and Freeman to provide the midfield class, complimenting the grunt and physicality of Crisp, Adams and for a few years more, hopefully Greenwood.
roar 

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:01 pm

Snoop Dog wrote:
roar wrote:
neil wrote:

Yeah, I noticed that and I have heard them mention it before, but with Pendles, Sidey, Adams, Greenwood, Crisp, Swan, De Goey, BK and Dangerfield Wink , I don't really see the need, especially with Oxley and Seedy doing work on the wings. Your composure comment does make sense, though our backline isn't always that composed. Feel the same way when they talk about Williams moving on ball. Would understand the occasional run through the middle but if they are already very good at a certain position, I don't really see the point of wanting them to play midfield.

lefthanded 

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 9:36 am

Snoop Dog wrote:
lefthanded wrote:
Great work Snoop!
Dwyer – I was very surprised to see you would be staggered if he’s still on the list next year, mainly because it’s a minimum of 3 delistings per year and this year we’ve pretty much got two already in Keeffe & Thomas so wouldn’t have expected Dwyer to be our worst. Looking through our list though and factoring in his age I could see it coming down to him & Young (age & injury counting against him) (noting that Armstrong’s only saving grace could be being on the rookie list instead of main, but this begs the question why not get rid of TA & rookie Dwyer? I could still see it being a case of getting rid of both but find it hard to justify keeping even a rookie TA ahead of a potential rookie Dwyer. You could also argue for getting rid of Dwyer & Young but I’d think it hard pressed to suggest finding someone who will offer more anytime soon in 4th round of draft so personally would keep one of them unless we trade in someone else, however to trade in quality we’d be giving up something of value ie more than a Dwyer or Young, so unless it is picks one stays for a year.

Witts – wouldn’t consider trading before end of 2016 unless we get a quality key forward in the deal as I think needs time to see how partnership with Grundy pans out and I think his value will only increase as he develops in the ruck and forward. As for your question about involving him in a trade for Shiel (if GWS specify that) I certainly wouldn’t include our first rounder. I’d actually be hesitant to even do a straight swap – simply because I think we have enough quality mids coming through and even if not quite Shiel quality they are a lot cheaper & easier to find then quality talls (which I think Witts will be). We also don’t wish to leave ourselves with Grundy as our only number one ruck option – will be a different story if Cox is AFL ready by end of 2015. Yes we will struggle a bit playing two rucks at present but I firmly believe it won’t be a problem in two or three years as more marks will stick through Witts’ improvement and improved delivery.

Best 22 in 2017 – I just don’t see Macaffer in there, happy to be proved wrong but I expect Broomy, BK, Oxley to all be ahead of him with Marsh & Witts others I’m hoping have also staked their claim and that already takes the numbers to 24. Swan is one I wouldn’t be surprised if he hangs up the boots end of 2016 but if his body holds up and we are genuine premiership chance than can equally see him going another year to finish on a high.
Witts & Marsh the only ‘key position’ players in your 8-10 emergencies. I think to cover injuries we’d need at least another of AFL standard by then. Could be Gault, Cox or someone else. I also wouldn’t want a player of Moore’s talent to be playing even as a backup ruck in the next several years, if at all, so see a chop out for Grundy (eg any of Witts, Gault, Cox to step up) as the other need for 2017.
Would love to see Freeman, Maynard & Abbott in that emergency group too, if Maynard isn’t pushing a 30 year old Toovey back to that slot or Freeman doing the same with Swan.

yeah I think that is an option re Dwyer and I should have written it down. I was more focussed on senior list.

I do think it might end up being 4 as we will have to take a min 3 selections and I'd be pretty confident we will be using our salary cap space on someone. If 3 I would think Dwyer still a touch more likely than Young but will depend on 2nd half season.

I would think Freeman and Maynard v good chances but Abbott needs to get fitter for mine.

Can definitely see Dwyer & Young gone if we target a FA and 3 draftees.

I would have thought that with 2 more preseasons Abbott fitness would no longer be an issue, especially for him to be a dangerous small forward pocket (taking Witts' crumbs!)
lefthanded 

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 9:37 am

duplicate post removed

Last edited by lefthanded on Fri May 15, 2015 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
lefthanded 

remove duplicate post

Last edited by lefthanded on Fri May 15, 2015 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
lefthanded 

duplicate removed

Last edited by lefthanded on Fri May 15, 2015 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
MJ23 

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:14 am

roar wrote:
Snoop Dog wrote:
roar wrote:
neil wrote:

Yeah, I noticed that and I have heard them mention it before, but with Pendles, Sidey, Adams, Greenwood, Crisp, Swan, De Goey, BK and Dangerfield Wink , I don't really see the need, especially with Oxley and Seedy doing work on the wings. Your composure comment does make sense, though our backline isn't always that composed. Feel the same way when they talk about Williams moving on ball. Would understand the occasional run through the middle but if they are already very good at a certain position, I don't really see the point of wanting them to play midfield.

He played mid mostly as a junior. Only went to the half back line in his last year when he grew.
Id think if you look back at comments on him, many including the club has seen him progressing to the midfield.
He is tall, can win contested ball, is hard running and smart.
I see him more as a mid than Marley who has looked lost at times.

GWS wont want Witts. They have Mummy and plenty of support.
They do need another Tall backline player.
Mohr out is hurting them, Patfull is a tad small and Davis gets hurt every year. Bruce was a big loss for them.

Snoop Dog 

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 11:13 am

lefthanded wrote:
Snoop Dog wrote:
lefthanded wrote:
Great work Snoop!

Can definitely see Dwyer & Young gone if we target a FA and 3 draftees.

I would have thought that with 2 more preseasons Abbott fitness would no longer be an issue, especially for him to be a dangerous small forward pocket (taking Witts' crumbs!)

yeah Abbott could really offer something if can get fitness up. Such a dangerous matchup.

Snoop Dog 

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 11:16 am

MJ23 wrote:
roar wrote:
Snoop Dog wrote:
roar wrote:
neil wrote:

He played mid mostly as a junior. Only went to the half back line in his last year when he grew.
Id think if you look back at comments on him, many including the club has seen him progressing to the midfield.
He is tall, can win contested ball, is hard running and smart.
I see him more as a mid than Marley who has looked lost at times.

GWS wont want Witts. They have Mummy and plenty of support.
They do need another Tall backline player.
Mohr out is hurting them, Patfull is a tad small and Davis gets hurt every year. Bruce was a big loss for them.

Good post and agree. Saw him in juniors and was always a mid.

Re GWS and WItts they do have cover for Mumford but they see themselves playing in a GF in 2 years and Mumford will be nearing end and its not looking like any of Phillips / Lobb / Downie are going to step up to be a #1 ruck in a GF side.

Re the tall defenders I know Mohr is a miss but they have high hopes for Haynes who has been flying, Patfull and Davis being the 3 backs for the next period. I also think Tomlinson will ultimately end up back and Marchbank has been flying in the 2's as well. Also they rate Corr so not sure they will go there. They have better key back depth (albeit as you say no real big fellas) than Ruck depth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14   

Jump to: