Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Snoop's 2015 List management trade and draft thoughts

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
Gault would have to be in real danger of delisting at present.

With Witts, Grundy, Cox, Cloke, White, Reid and Moore not sure where he fits going forward.

KFs often take longer to come on, we've come this far with him and may as well give him another year IMO, he has shown glimpses.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:08 pm

We wouldn't want to lose another Ceglar!
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:10 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
We wouldn't want to lose another Ceglar!

Or pods.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:11 pm

Gault has been on our list in one form or another for what 4 years now?

Key position forwards are rarely found later in the draft let alone off the rookie list.

Even Leigh Brown of the Leigh Brown role fame was originally a top 5 selection.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:04 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Gault has been on our list in one form or another for what 4 years now?

Key position forwards are rarely found later in the draft let alone off the rookie list.

Even Leigh Brown of the Leigh Brown role fame was originally a top 5 selection.

Gault is only 22, 199cm, very agile and mobile. By way of comparison Tyrone Vickery is 25.

Darren Jolly was 21 when he was drafted on the Rookie list by melbourne, where he did **** all before going to Sydney after 4 seasons.

I think Gault has a lot of ability and we need to be patient.

melliot 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:25 pm

Hine was on ABC radio this arvo.

Said the most of the "heavy lifting" on the refurbishment of the list had been done. They were looking to do a fair bit of trading at seasons end to improve list rather than just draft.

He noted that since 2011 the club had lost over 3000 games of experience.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:31 pm

melliot wrote:
Hine was on ABC radio this arvo.

Said the most of the "heavy lifting" on the refurbishment of the list had been done. They were looking to do a fair bit of trading at seasons end to improve list rather than just draft.

He noted that since 2011 the club had lost over 3000 games of experience.

sounds ominous for some players unless future draft picks are in the mix.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:49 pm

It's not outside the realm that Sinclair is in the firing line for delisting. Despite his pace and adjustment to the backline 2 seasons ago he has been on the list since 2008, has chronic hamstrings and through the passages of time shall be passed by messrs Marley, Ramsay, Maynard etc..

Added to that Dwyer, Young, Armstrong and Gault shall be joining him unless a stark second half of season emanates.

Last edited by inxs88 on Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:09 pm

https://soundcloud.com/abc_grandstand/afl-rd-13-derek-hine-on-the?in=abc_grandstand/sets/afl-draft-special
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:17 pm

Cheers
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:36 pm

swoop42 wrote:
https://soundcloud.com/abc_grandstand/afl-rd-13-derek-hine-on-the?in=abc_grandstand/sets/afl-draft-special

Cheers.

This was on Big Footy, an interview with Derek Hine post the carlton game on the AFL website I think:

https://audioboom.com/boos/3263826-road-to-the-2015-draft-ep-5-derek-hine#t=18m14s

Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:21 pm

Any chance we could get Jack Redpath from Footscray?
He is a brute and booming kick
I would love him at the pies!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:16 pm

Given that Blair's spot in the team seems to be set in concrete, I wonder if Kennedy will ever get an opportunity to land a spot in our best 21? If not, then he's probably a player we might consider trading. It would be a pity as he's got a great future, but maybe not with us, given our dwarf quota is already full. Crying or Very sad
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:11 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Given that Blair's spot in the team seems to be set in concrete, I wonder if Kennedy will ever get an opportunity to land a spot in our best 21? If not, then he's probably a player we might consider trading. It would be a pity as he's got a great future, but maybe not with us, given our dwarf quota is already full. Crying or Very sad

Apparently the talk is about trade this year, at least according to my listening of Hine & the two from the AFL. So call me captain obvious but the club has identified those they're wanting & identifying those they'll seek to trade. Fascinating to wonder who they might be.

cressyg 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:19 pm

Who do we have of value to trade?.
Backs: Goldsack; Langdon; Scharenberg; Brown; Marsh; Reid; Keefe; Williams; Armstrong; Sinclair; Moore; Jackson; Toovey; Maynard; Seedsman; Oxley; Frost

Mids: Kennedy; Pendlebury; Adams; Young; Varcoe; Greenwood; Freeman; Sidebottom; Thomas; Crisp; Broomhead; De Goey; Swan; Goodyear; Dwyer

Fwd: Fasolo; Elliott; White; Blair; Macaffer; Cloke; Karnezis; Gault

Rucks: Grundy; Witts

Fwds: It is unlikely that Gault will survive at the end of the year. Karnezis is a good performer at VFL level but does not appear to have cut the mustard at AFL level. I hope he proves me wrong but IMO he has no awareness/ peripheral vision and struggles with endurance. May be kept for depth. Macaffer has been injured for over 12 months so will have no trade currency. Elliott and Cloke are not going anywhere. Fasolo and Blair are currently both playing well and similar. Either one of these players have currency and may be used as trade bait.

Mids: Kennedy is brilliant at VFL level and has been great at stoppages and clearances. Both areas that we have struggled with all year. would probably be playing AFL at most clubs but for some reason is being considered nothing more than depth. I really like this kid and would not like to lose him but has currency.

Young will play out the year in the VFL and most likely be delisted at the end of the year - thereby completing his 3 year contract and saving us over $400k. Thomas will be delisted and possibly redrafted onto the Rookie list. I love Broomhead but with Greenwood coming back I feel that Broomhead could lose out in the long term - He has great skills and has trade currency.

Backs: Reid - If he comes back this year and plays good footy I would be inclined to trade him whilst his stocks are high. Could trade him to GWS in a deal involving Treloar. Keefe - will be delisted. I would prefer Sinclair over Seedsman but he has been injured for past 2 years. Only if Scharenberg wants to go home would I be inclined to trade him. This kid can be anything.

Rucks: Grundy is not going anywhere. If we were able to get a Leuenberger through FA I would consider trading Witts if it was to get our end result.

Unfortunately we don't seem to have a surplus of players with trade currency we can let go. It would be pointless in trading Broomhead home to SA for a pick to be sent to Lions in return for Aish when both are outside running players with good disposal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 9 of 14   

Jump to: