Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 5 - Richmond vs Collingwood at Punt Road Oval

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:30 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

KenH wrote:
Don't understand the hate towards Armstrong, I thought that he played okay today as he does most weeks!

Good gutsy win in the finish, missed Fasolo and BK in the second half. Marsh can look good but concerned with his disposal.

Agree, Armstrong does okay, but his brain fades led directly to 2 Richmond goals (bad handball & 50 metre penalty). Higher expectations of one of our most senior players at reserve level.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:34 am

dalyc wrote:
And how did Shazza go?

Much better this week, running without the limp, even kicked once on the left. Took some very nice intercept marks and used the ball very well.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:40 am

MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
dalyc wrote:
Still seems to be a good kick. I don't know anything about him. Is he rookie material?

Was on Essendon's list for a couple of years under Knights. Has played at Werribee and West Adelaide prior to us. Can certainly take a mark and kick a goal, but does his best work as a 2nd forward, behind an established or recognised #1 man.

Rookie? I wouldn't say no, especially if the alternative is Jesse White...

Play alongside Cloke?

He could.

Really, I think we need to replenish our key forward depth this year. White and Gault just aren't cutting it. 1 or 2 high production state league forwards for a bit of depth, plus another 1 or 2 at the top end of the draft (because that's where the best ones go). Moore permanently training as a forward would also help as well...

Better mark than White but nowhere near as quick or athletically gifted, moves more like Witts. Handy at this level but I don't think he looks as good a senior prospect as Eddy did.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:15 am

Marsh - solid again and disposal mostly okay, gave more rebound run this week.
Maynard - hard nut who just loves body contact, better this week than last.
Scharenberg - a lot more freedom in his running and more involved in the contested stuff, even had a hail mary kick on the left. You can see the confidence building.
Armstrong - equal measures of good and bad, ball use and decision making at times poor which offsets what good he does.
Dwyer - really good game, provided lots of outside run and carry, uses the ball so well.
Manteit - more involved this week, building.
Goodyear - didn't play the previous week against the Cats but this was the best game I've seen from him.
Fasolo - more involved this week, worked harder. Nearly pulled off another screamer this week. Subbed at half time as senior coverage. The lack of his rotation hurt us as the Tiges got more run in the 3rd & 4th.
Kennedy - our best this week until injured late. The loss of his rotation seemed to galvanise the players effort to hold on for a gritty win.
Cox - continues to develop and I'll say it again, will take mark of the century 1 day.
Gault - solid game from Corey both forward and in the ruck.

Reid - did not play which is strange, maybe they thought with the bye next up they'd be extra cautious.
Abbott - sadly didn't play, can only assume rested.

VFL boys continue to hold their weight. Overall we've got a team that enjoys the tough physical contested footy and is generally quick. Was looking forward to Tim Allan returning and while he did some very nice things his lack of defensive efforts was telling when the Tiges got on top in the 2nd half.

First time at Punt Road and while the construction works make it difficult to navigate, good venue to watch footy.

Good to meet DTM and the Royal Sampler (BF poster) and catch up briefly with JW.

Last edited by jackcass on Mon May 18, 2015 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:54 pm

Well done lads thanks for the updates glad to have beaten the teeny boppers at punt road.

www.facebook/the hybernators
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:46 pm

Replay is up:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-05-18/vfl-r5-pies-v-tigers-1st-quarter

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-05-18/vfl-r5-pies-v-tigers-2nd-quarter

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-05-18/vfl-r5-pies-v-tigers-3rd-quarter

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-05-18/vfl-r5-pies-v-tigers-4th-quarter

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:00 pm

i got caught in the c7 downpour this week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13   

Jump to: