Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 5 - Richmond vs Collingwood at Punt Road Oval

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:25 pm
Post subject: Round 5 - Richmond vs Collingwood at Punt Road OvalReply with quote

When and Where:
11:42am this Sunday at Tigerland.

Broadcast:
TV - Channel 7 in Victoria from 11:30am.

Internet - LiveChat at collingwoodfc.com.au; score updates in this thread. Full video replay available on Monday at collingwoodfc.com.au

Team:
B: Marsh Reid Maynard
HB: Scharenberg Armstrong Dwyer
C: Borthwick* Manteit Goodyear
HF: Fasolo Abbott Broomhead
F: Kennedy Cox Gault
R: Witts De Goey Crisp
Int: Moloney Wallace Wills Blair Taylor J. Williams Matheson Wallin Hellier Gray Allan R. Pendlebury Still

Where They Sit:
Richmond: 3rd (2 wins, 2 losses, 0 bye, 136.72%)
Collingwood: 12th (2 win, 2 losses, 0 byes, 83.83%)

Last Time They Met:
Round 12, 2014 at Morwell Recreation Reserve
Collingwood 19.18.132, def
Richmond 13.10.88

Head to Head:
Played: 2
Richmond: 0
Collingwood: 2

How They Fared Last Week:
Richmond 19.15.129, def
North Ballarat 6.11.47

Geelong 12.11.83, def by
Collingwood 14.8.92

Note:
- This match will serve as the first act of a Sunday morning/afternoon double-header, with Collingwood and Richmond playing later on in the AFL at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. The VFL game will finish at approximately 2:20pm, leaving fans an hour between games.

Over to you...

Last edited by MagpieBat on Thu May 14, 2015 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes another VFL game I can attend. Been great to see four games live and a TV game too so far. Reid and Seedsman added to the fit list, but we lose Freeman. So perhaps we may have 13 listed players considering Wozza Goodyear was rested last week. Hopefully Ramsay and Sidey added the week after. Finally things may be looking up for the VFL team who are playing with a ton of spirit. Noticed standing nearing the interchange last week the attitude of all is superb.
melliot 

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:40 am

This will be my 3rd live vfl game for the year plus one on TV. Really enjoying watching the development of our kids.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:11 am

perthmagpie wrote:
Yes another VFL game I can attend. Been great to see four games live and a TV game too so far. Reid and Seedsman added to the fit list, but we lose Freeman. So perhaps we may have 13 listed players considering Wozza Goodyear was rested last week. Hopefully Ramsay and Sidey added the week after. Finally things may be looking up for the VFL team who are playing with a ton of spirit. Noticed standing nearing the interchange last week the attitude of all is superb.

Yep, after accounting for injuries, it looks like we'll have 13 AFL-listers.

Richmond will only have as many as 7 out injured, plus Mullet Marich's little brother is not playing for some reason, which leaves them with 15 AFL-listers if Griffiths doesn't pull up from concussion. And that's without accounting for possible carry-over players...

50/50 game, in my opinion.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:58 am

MagpieBat wrote:
perthmagpie wrote:

Yep, after accounting for injuries, it looks like we'll have 13 AFL-listers.

Richmond will only have as many as 7 out injured, plus Mullet Marich's little brother is not playing for some reason, which leaves them with 15 AFL-listers if Griffiths doesn't pull up from concussion. And that's without accounting for possible carry-over players...

50/50 game, in my opinion.

they're coming off handing out a belting to north ballarat whom we struggled against but probably should have beaten.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:15 pm

John Wren wrote:
they're coming off handing out a belting to north ballarat whom we struggled against but probably should have beaten.

And they lost to Geelong, whom we beat.

So by that logic, we should surely win...?

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:27 pm

Seems a weird one that they thrashed NB who are pretty competitive. Our game was against NB at their ground and played in wet, cold conditions so not sure what to make of that except we displayed the long term, club wide problem of not bothering the goal umpires much.

We have had a lot of changes in our team and we just seem to be settling and getting to know each other. I was rapt with the attitude in the last two weeks. Our biggest weakness is with marking forwards and lack of key position players. That's only because Reid, Moore and Keeffe are out. We will also improve our midfield when Sidey and Greenwood return. We have been light on for talented midfielders considering we have had no Sidey, Greenwood, Kennedy (except last week) and Thomas available.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 12:56 am

I haven't attended the VFL for a number of years but I'm pretty certain I will attend this game! Looking forward to it.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:42 am

Ben Reid take six. Hopefully this time around he'll work his way back into the seniors. We need him.
Kosh 

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 6:41 pm

Jezza wrote:
I haven't attended the VFL for a number of years but I'm pretty certain I will attend this game! Looking forward to it.

You wont regret it Jezza. Watching the scoobs is a joy. Generally speaking I enjoy it much more that the firsts. I get along whenever I am able to find the time.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:40 pm

Dangles wrote:
Ben Reid take six. Hopefully this time around he'll work his way back into the seniors. We need him.

I'd quite like to see Reid play VFL this weekend but the one I really can't wait to see back in the team is Tony Armstrong.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:45 pm

B: Jonathon Marsh, Ben Reid, Brayden Maynard
HB: Matthew Scharenberg, Tony Armstrong, Sam Dwyer
C: Matthew Goodyear, Michael Manteit, Gus Borthwick
HF: Tim Broomhead, Brenden Abbott, Alex Fasolo
F: Corey Gault, Mason Cox, Ben Kennedy
Foll: Jarrod Witts, Jordan De Goey, Jack Crisp
Int (from): Tim Allan, Jack Blair, Nick Gray, Jack Hellier, Cal Matheson, Ben Moloney, Ryan Pendlebury, Michael Still, Jeremy Taylor, Lachlan Wallace, Jesse Wallin, Jake Williams, Rupert Wills

*Gus Borthwick is Collingwood's nominated 23rd man. The 23rd player rule is designed to enable clubs to promote young talent and provide them with a taste of VFL football to aid their development.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:46 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Dangles wrote:

I'd quite like to see Reid play VFL this weekend but the one I really can't wait to see back in the team is Tony Armstrong.

naughty. Evil or Very Mad

you get your wish.

good to see reid back as expected.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:19 pm

Good to see Reid and Goodyear back. Obviously 4 (possibly 5) out for the senior interchange.

I thought Borthwick Had played his 3 games as the 23rd player. He'd have to be in the 22 on merit.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:53 pm

jackcass wrote:
Good to see Reid and Goodyear back. Obviously 4 (possibly 5) out for the senior interchange.

I thought Borthwick Had played his 3 games as the 23rd player. He'd have to be in the 22 on merit.

as an afl stand alone our 23rd man can play up to five games. last year jake williams and cal matheson each played five games as the 23rd man.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13   

Jump to: