Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Laugh at Carlscum Thread - Move to General Discussion?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want the Laugh at Carlscum Thread to return to the General Discussion board?
Yes
68%
 68%  [ 11 ]
No
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
I'm indifferent either way
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 16

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Donny wrote:
Jezza wrote:
because it will gain a far greater following

Incorrect. We tried it back in GD.

It disappeared to page 3 fairly quickly. In Nick's Other AFL, it has a better chance (and has done so) of staying visible.

It could be stickied Laughing

Or maybe move the other AFL forum up so that it's under Drafts and more visible.
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:08 pm

Jezza wrote:
Donny wrote:
Jezza wrote:
because it will gain a far greater following

Incorrect. We tried it back in GD.

It disappeared to page 3 fairly quickly. In Nick's Other AFL, it has a better chance (and has done so) of staying visible.

You tried it for one week after we beat Carlton last year in June only because several people begged you and the mods to move it to GD temporarily until it was sent back to Nick's Other AFL. Because it disappears off to page 3 in GD doesn't mean that people don't want it moved to that area of the forum. GD is the most widely used section of the forum as opposed to Nick's Other AFL so that's hardly surprising.

There is also statistical evidence that more posters used to post in the thread when it was in General Discussion in 2012 and 2013. These are the figures I've compiled from my own research before and after the thread was moved to Nick's Other AFL. Also ironically Carlton were worse in ladder position and performance wise in 2014 than they were in 2012 and 2013 yet less people were posting in this thread last year in contrast to 2012 and 2013.

2012 - Page 1 to 58 = Approximately 870 posts
2013 - Page 58 [last post of page 58] to 127 = Approximately 1030 posts
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014 - Page 127 to 169 = Approximately 630 posts
2015 - Page 169 to 184* = Approximately 225 posts so far this year

If enough people are against moving the thread then I'll accept it for what it is but currently 64% of people who voted in this poll so far want this thread back in GD and another 21% don't care either way, which means only 15% so far are completely against this change.

I understand that the rules ascertain that General Discussion is only for Collingwood-related topics but seeing our arch-enemy in Carlton in the depths of despair surely meets such criterion of being relevant to Collingwood in some aspects. After all, every Collingwood supporter I know either passionately hates Carlton or at the very least gets some pleasure of seeing them fail miserably at the moment so I hardly think anyone is going to protest or question the move vocally if at all.

Even Neil Appleby (one of Nick's most loyal posters dating back from the 1990s) made a post about this very topic last year begging the mods to move the thread to GD. We all appreciate what the mods provide to this forum but a little transparency wouldn't go astray here. I've only heard from Donny about this but I want to hear what David, WPW and Member 7167 think of this proposed change before making a decision either way.

I gotta say, you're clearly learning a lot from uni Cool
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:22 am

wow, that's a lot of effort for a thread change.

we'll discuss later how healthy that is Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: