Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Laugh at Carlscum Thread - Move to General Discussion?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want the Laugh at Carlscum Thread to return to the General Discussion board?
Yes
68%
 68%  [ 11 ]
No
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
I'm indifferent either way
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 16

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:47 pm
Post subject: Laugh at Carlscum Thread - Move to General Discussion?Reply with quote

Hi moderators and fellow posters,

I'm just wondering whether it's possible to move the 'Laugh at Carlscum Thread' back to the general discussion board because it will gain a far greater following and more people will post in this thread rather than it being in Nick's Other AFL where the posting rate has slowed since the thread was moved to this section of the forum early last year in contrast to 2012 and 2013. Everyone here seems to love this thread and with our arch-enemy on the brink of despair this is the perfect time to move it back to the the general discussion area.

I've decided that the best way to be fair here is to conduct a poll deciding on whether people want the thread to return to General Discussion or to keep it in Nick's Other AFL.

Personally my vote will be in favour of it returning it to the general discussion area and I'm hoping the moderators consisting of David, Donny and others will take the results on board.

thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree totally.

Let the people speak. I think this will be a very popular thread over the next 3 years.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:25 pm

Was a travesty that it got moved in the first place.
E 

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:18 pm
Post subject: Can we have ONe Carlton thread on the General BoardReply with quote

most of us only read one board. this one. I think it is very relevant to Collingwood supporters to have a Carlton thread to laugh at the rabble they have become.

Please mods, can we have a thread where we can laugh about the fact that Carlton just lost to the worst team in the competition and must surely be frontrunners for the spoon?

Even better is that they have made no plans to rebuild yet as they think they are at 11 o'clock on the premiership window......

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:26 pm

From here, it takes 2 mouse clicks to get to Nick's Other AFL and one more to open the Carlton topic.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:17 am

I agree
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:19 am

Donny wrote:
From here, it takes 2 mouse clicks to get to Nick's Other AFL and one more to open the Carlton topic.

Oooooohhh that's how you do it.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:03 am

he won't listen
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:17 am

What E said.
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:06 am

Jezza wrote:
because it will gain a far greater following

Incorrect. We tried it back in GD.

It disappeared to page 3 fairly quickly. In Nick's Other AFL, it has a better chance (and has done so) of staying visible.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:19 pm

Donny wrote:

oh come on Donny, don't be a party pooper, put it back on the main board, it needs to be enshrined for eternity as just about Nicks most popular thread ever, of all time. Idea Idea Razz Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:04 pm

Donny wrote:
Jezza wrote:
because it will gain a far greater following

Incorrect. We tried it back in GD.

It disappeared to page 3 fairly quickly. In Nick's Other AFL, it has a better chance (and has done so) of staying visible.

You tried it for one week after we beat Carlton last year in June only because several people begged you and the mods to move it to GD temporarily until it was sent back to Nick's Other AFL. Because it disappears off to page 3 in GD doesn't mean that people don't want it moved to that area of the forum. GD is the most widely used section of the forum as opposed to Nick's Other AFL so that's hardly surprising.

There is also statistical evidence that more posters used to post in the thread when it was in General Discussion in 2012 and 2013. These are the figures I've compiled from my own research before and after the thread was moved to Nick's Other AFL. Also ironically Carlton were worse in ladder position and performance wise in 2014 than they were in 2012 and 2013 yet less people were posting in this thread last year in contrast to 2012 and 2013.

2012 - Page 1 to 58 = Approximately 870 posts
2013 - Page 58 [last post of page 58] to 127 = Approximately 1030 posts
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014 - Page 127 to 169 = Approximately 630 posts
2015 - Page 169 to 184* = Approximately 225 posts so far this year

If enough people are against moving the thread then I'll accept it for what it is but currently 64% of people who voted in this poll so far want this thread back in GD and another 21% don't care either way, which means only 15% so far are completely against this change.

I understand that the rules ascertain that General Discussion is only for Collingwood-related topics but seeing our arch-enemy in Carlton in the depths of despair surely meets such criterion of being relevant to Collingwood in some aspects. After all, every Collingwood supporter I know either passionately hates Carlton or at the very least gets some pleasure of seeing them fail miserably at the moment so I hardly think anyone is going to protest or question the move vocally if at all.

Even Neil Appleby (one of Nick's most loyal posters dating back from the 1990s) made a post about this very topic last year begging the mods to move the thread to GD. We all appreciate what the mods provide to this forum but a little transparency wouldn't go astray here. I've only heard from Donny about this but I want to hear what David, WPW and Member 7167 think of this proposed change before making a decision either way.

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:26 pm

Jezza, I must ask: Why do you want to give so much oxygen to Carlton, esp. given your stated 'hatred' of that club ?

I had (and posted at the time, calling it the Mother of all stupid ideas) the same consternation about the 'I Hate Carlton' campaign (complete with t-shirts). In all that we hold dear, as Pies' supporters, why, WHY would any real fan want to hand one of our most cherished tags - the most hated club - to that mob ?!?

Personally (as a Pies' supporter since '57 and not necessarily as a Nick's mod), I'd love to see more of the obsessive vitriol directed at Carlton, redirected towards OUR team, in a positive manner.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:40 pm

The rivalry between Collingwood and Carlton is different to no other! It dates back more than a century now, our club has been on the receiving end from taunts, devastation and pain from the hands of this particular club more than any other club I can think of so I can clearly understand why many Nicksters especially older posters who can remember the 70s and 80s would love witnessing Carlton's demise at the moment and the diminishment of a once powerful club that matched us for success year after year to now becoming a shadow of itself.

I understand that some people don't share this passionate hatred of Carlton compared to others around here but deep down I'm pretty certain an overwhelming majority of posters here love Collingwood first and foremost before they hate or even think about Carlton for that matter. For example Carlton lost this weekend and it brought us some happiness and laughter at their expense but many were still disappointed about what transpired on Friday night against the Cats before they thought about Carlton's on-field woes and I like many here were an example of this. My reasons for supporting Collingwood for nearly 15 years now is attributed to my personal love for the club and the values and history it embodies rather than because its main rival was Carlton and is still arguably Carlton these days.

As I said earlier I want to keep an open mind about this that's why I've conducted a poll associated with this thread. If more people vote and the results conclusively state that they're not interested in moving the thread back to GD I will naturally accept it and not raise the issue again later down the track but if it demonstrates that a majority want to see the thread return to GD surely you can make an exception in this case.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:43 pm

i would rather see the other afl forum moved to the collingwood forums section but that is an argument for another time and still awaiting resolution.

sure it might be a bit of fun for some but i don't actually like the thread in question and happy to see it buried forever and a day. if i want to have a laugh at carlton i just visit their forum. same too with richmond. i don't need others to copy and paste from another forum and add their own commentary. i also think it is frightening the views some people hold of malthouse and daisy thomas and this thread only serves to demonstrate how small minded some collingwood supporters are.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: