Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The (umpires) elephant in the room.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

cityslick1 wrote:
Umpires are clever little f*ckers..... they know how and when to balance things up to avoid too much scrutiny. And it's not so much how many for and against, but where and when they are paid. Cheap frees in the back line mean v little compared to the frees that trav doesn't get right in front of the big sticks. Vice versa with frees paid to opposition forwards, or when games are on the line, or to stem momentum etc. I've no doubt that some umpires are biased, just like commentators are... I used to work with dunstall and can confirm how much he, and many other ex players, hate the pies. Though I'm sure that's no surprise to most. Ed would also be aware, would be pissed off more than most of us, and is no doubt fighting the good cause in the background.

Go pies.

When the umpires comes out after a 5 point Loss and says our FF should have had 2 more free kicks, the. Yes the umpires are costing us games. It's ok to say you should be in front by enough the umps don't count, but if teams are evenly matched at that point in time for what e re reason, you should still get a fair crack at the 4 points.

We also lost the 2002 grand final by nine points and a couple of shocking umpire decisions,and a bad goal decision. The saints lost to the cats in simular circumstances in another grand final. It should not come down to that.

How will we feel if Richmond take eight and we get their rightful ninth by 4 premiership points?

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:19 am

A lot of practice.
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:00 pm

Pies 08 wrote:
We have Umpire #17 again this Sunday. It's going to be a long day!!

we're f***ed Sad
Pies 08 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:35 pm

Mr Stevic will be joining us on Monday. Result will probably be a lot closer than we'd hoped.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:45 pm

Dear me.......Geez the AFL hate our guts.

They have at least 40 other AFL umpires and we end up with this prick. Evil or Very Mad Mad

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:12 pm

Lazza wrote:
Dear me.......Geez the AFL hate our guts.

They have at least 40 other AFL umpires and we end up with this prick. Evil or Very Mad Mad

But the other 39 hate us too. Surprised

Brown26 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:38 pm

Just want to put to be the fallacy that "the team that controls the play usually wins most of the free kicks"

I have no idea what the stats are on this, but I just re watched the 3rd quarter of the North game. We controlled everything, North had enough of the ball but butchered it cause they were panicking. We were dominant. Clearly in control.

We got two frees that resulted in goals - a rarity for us and obviously well deserved after being neglected for so long. BUT the number of frees they conveniently "missed" to us was ridiculous. North got a number of frees for "high" tackles where the player drops their head in the tackle and causes the contact. Albeit that the umpires can't just change interpretation of the rule overnight, Collingwood players were taken high in a tackle, one initiating the contact the other's not, no less than 7 times, with only one (Pendlebury's goal from a free) being rewarded - and that was the one that he dropped into!

Cloke was taken under the ball in the middle - clear push in the back from a long Goldy kick in - a 5 year old could see it a mile away, and not paid. Also Grundy in the goal square had both his arms chopped, then his head ripped off and finally the North player slipped in the tongue and didn't even pay for dinner - no free. They were one on one, a 2 year old could see it, not paid. Even Leigh Matthews (who thought the goal review may not have been a goal, even though it was so far over the goal line Petrie had to infringe a spectator on the top deck to get a hand on it) agreed it was a free. WHY do the 50 50's NOT go to Collingwood, even when we're as dominant as any team could be, and they miss a few obvious ones, and the other way it's all of a sudden 12 frees to 3 at half time and there is no problem?

Explain that to me if you can, because you can't use the theory that teams on top get more frees. We don't. If we did, being 6-3 and smashing some teams by 70 odd points, our free kick tally would be much better than the current -3.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:22 am

I noticed that Ballantyne put his hands on the goal umpire halfway through the third quarter tonight. I wonder if he'll get a $7000 fine?
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:31 pm

Watched the last quarter of the Eagles v Roos today and saw two shockers. First Kennedy planted his hands in the back of his North opponent to get him out of the contest and was awarded the mark, which then resulted in a goal. Then Harvey caught Pridis and Pridis was pinged for holding the ball. Harvey proceeded to knock the ball out Pridis's hand and the ump paid a 50 meter penalty against Pridis.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:48 pm

Pies 08 wrote:
Mr Stevic will be joining us on Monday. Result will probably be a lot closer than we'd hoped.

Well that was the logical pre-match assumption, as history has taught us.

And yet Kamolins and Pannell were the real shit eaters, and Stevic was made to look a HERO giving us a free kick in the goal square for a tunnel-throw!? HUH?!
But it's okay when Cyril Rioli does them; then it's sheer genius. Christ.

Dyso

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7   

Jump to: