Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The (umpires) elephant in the room.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
[quote="FrankieGoesToCollingwood"][quote="Donny"]We got the better of the frees count, 17-13.

Imagine how big the margin would've been without these whinge targets.[/quote]

No umpire bashing threads for weeks. We were due for one. Oh, surprise, it was after a loss Laughing[/quote]

Then why did you Bloody come and read and comment on it Rolling Eyes
I can't imagine how big the margin would've been without these whinge targets
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:10 pm

think positive wrote:
Donny wrote:
We got the better of the frees count, 17-13.

Imagine how big the margin would've been without these whinge targets.

Donny they paid bullshit ones in the last where they did us no good.

How many high calls were not paid in our forward 50?

How many times does Hawkins get away with pushing?

How about all the holding the arm when we don't have it?

Their frees are where they count, ours might as well be during the quarter time breaks.

Spot on!
They got three goals in the first off free kicks! Our farwrds were held interfered with kept out of marking contests for a total of zilch.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:25 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Donny wrote:

No umpire bashing threads for weeks. We were due for one. Oh, surprise, it was after a loss Laughing

Agree, didn't see too much wrong with the umpiring. Certainly didn't change the result.
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:26 pm

stevic is a pies hater for sure he has it in for us
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:42 pm

I usually notice the umpires, but didn't last night except for that first free to Hawkins.

Could be that they weren't too bad ...

or could be that I was onto my second six pack as the game started.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:50 pm

Donny wrote:

Turn it up Donny, as the ol footy saying goes, ITS NOT THE AMOUNT OF FREES YOU GET SO MUCH, ITS WHERE YOU GET THEM. You can get six more frees on the wing, but if your opponent gets six on the FORWARD line,, that is what hurts ! And it happens to us in spades, when was he last time Cloke got a fair go in front of goals, Question Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 5:47 pm

Sure enough, I was thinking it and here's the thread.

Seriously geelong were just too good, and the umpires were not the difference, but there were incredibly crap non-decisions out there. That vision of Bucks banging on the bench with his phone after hawkins clearly placed two hands in the back was purely displaying what many thought. Bucks is usually pretty good I'd say, so why did he get so angered about it (not a question).

We should never be in a position where the umpires can make the difference. I really get annoyed however when people role out the old chestnut 'umpires don't influence the result'. Then why bloody have them at all.

The AFL needs to get fair dinkum and address the inconsistences. Double, or more, the umpire's pay and let it be a full time job so that they are as professional as possible. I know the interpretations are a part of the game but it frustrates the heck out of supporters.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:16 pm

I haven't seen the match, but I have no doubt that there were poor umpiring decisions. In an 120 minute match, there are bound to be. The idea, though, that umpires have it in for us is pretty juvenile. Just face the facts and accept that you're much more inclined to notice poor decisions that go the other team's way.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:18 pm

Its also the ones not paid.

Late in the 3rd or early in the 4th quarter, Taylor Adams gets an obvious high tackle and a Cats player also falls onto his head just inside the Cat's 50 arc. The ball gets swooped by another Geelong player who kicks a goal - All clear according to the umps

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:51 pm

David wrote:
I haven't seen the match, but I have no doubt that there were poor umpiring decisions. In an 120 minute match, there are bound to be. The idea, though, that umpires have it in for us is pretty juvenile. Just face the facts and accept that you're much more inclined to notice poor decisions that go the other team's way.

Actually it's not so much they have it in for us, it's that certain teams get away with so much more than others. I watch other games too, not just ours. The cats, the Hawks, get way with blue murder. The ducking, the push in the back, the scragging, both teams have a lot of cheap shot heroes,, and yeah sometimes they get pinged, but not enough. Swans players. Goodes is a dirty bugger, watch his cheap shot real, Barry Hall? Played in a grand final after smacking someone in the guys. Whereas a younger Cloke missed for a clumsy hit.

We have 1 player who gets frees, that Pendles. No I can't stat it, bit I watch enough games. Most are there but if it's 50/50 he gets the ball. Crisp has had a few too, Cloke on the other hand, you could blow him up with c4, and he would get a free awarded against him.

As for the "juvenile" crack, that's not necessary, and it's also wrong. You don't think umpires barrack for a team? Years ago I had a party plan business, I went to a house and the husband was an AFL umpire. I set up in his pool room. And it was wall to wall Bulldogs memorabilia, if you can't see room for favouritism, sorry, it's just human nature.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:55 pm

The Seedsmeister wrote:
Its also the ones not paid.

Late in the 3rd or early in the 4th quarter, Taylor Adams gets an obvious high tackle and a Cats player also falls onto his head just inside the Cat's 50 arc. The ball gets swooped by another Geelong player who kicks a goal - All clear according to the umps

Yep and that one helped kill our momentum.

I tell my kids all the time, you got to be far enough in front that the umpire call form hell doesn't cost you the game. Sometimes though, you just can't beat the extra 2 players the opposition has.

I really wish the club would question it. Especially the Cloke calls, surely we should get some clarification, even if it's just to find out what he is supposedly doing wrong. It's not just that he doesn't get the free, it's that they are called against him, when blind freddy can see he's getting crucified.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:16 am

Hawkins gets looked after every time we play them and they let the prick play a non
physical game---i,d like to see some one belt him

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:05 am

Dave The Man wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Donny wrote:

No umpire bashing threads for weeks. We were due for one. Oh, surprise, it was after a loss Laughing

Then why did you Bloody come and read and comment on it Rolling Eyes

Oh, Dave, you're such a sook sometimes. Suck it up princess!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:23 am

think positive wrote:
As for the "juvenile" crack, that's not necessary, and it's also wrong. You don't think umpires barrack for a team? Years ago I had a party plan business, I went to a house and the husband was an AFL umpire. I set up in his pool room. And it was wall to wall Bulldogs memorabilia, if you can't see room for favouritism, sorry, it's just human nature.

I'm sure most of them have teams, but I expect most are professional enough to not let it cloud their judgement. Even if they weren't, there'd be a roughly even distribution of supporters of all teams. Sorry, I just don't think the idea of systemic anti-Collingwood umpiring bias to be credible, certainly not in this day and age.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:03 am

David wrote:
think positive wrote:

I'm sure most of them have teams, but I expect most are professional enough to not let it cloud their judgement. Even if they weren't, there'd be a roughly even distribution of supporters of all teams. Sorry, I just don't think the idea of systemic anti-Collingwood umpiring bias to be credible, certainly not in this day and age.

Did I say anti- Collingwood bias?

No I said favouritism. And no I dont Have the same faith you do in their professionalism.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7   

Jump to: