Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Armstrong One small step for him or one giant step backwards

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
No it probably proves that the average IQ of our supporters is in double rather than triple digits. You may well be a case in point.

Of course they make mistakes. Anyone trying to do things will make mistakes.

Yeah, that's it.

I just don't have the superior intellect necessary to appreciate the brilliance of Tony Armstrong's game. Sure.

melliot 

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:21 am

Playing Armstrong over a talented kid like DeGoey is a move in the ilk of Richmond. A team that is too short term focused when they are still years away.

Armstrong MAY have made us better for that one game (Although that is debatable), but he is what he is and won't have much upside. DeGoey could have been blooded.

Considering we got done in the middle DeGoey could have been that youthful spark to excite the team. I said it was a poor selection to begin with and maintain that thought after the event.
Museman 

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:56 am

melliot wrote:
Playing Armstrong over a talented kid like DeGoey is a move in the ilk of Richmond. A team that is too short term focused when they are still years away.

Armstrong MAY have made us better for that one game (Although that is debatable), but he is what he is and won't have much upside. DeGoey could have been blooded.

Considering we got done in the middle DeGoey could have been that youthful spark to excite the team. I said it was a poor selection to begin with and maintain that thought after the event.

No there is not even short term gain in Armstrong, he is a squib, a lazy wannabe outside squib at that.
Whoever said faz would have been a preferable user/linkman coming out of defence the back half has it right, I believe when played back there he was starting to lose his laziness and buying far more into the team ethos, why we changed it up again i'm not quite sure...he has gone backward since.

There again there is a lot that on face value I fail to grasp about our positioning of players and our actual selection of them.

The whole world can see cloke should never go deep forward...accept our coaching staff.
Why play Witts given the line up Geelong played?
Armstrong ahead of DeGoey given respective performance's so far this year......now you're taking the piss.......

The only problem with stating they're the coaching staff they would know better than us is their FAIL rate with these sort of decisions.

Benken is 50% more talented than a serious amount of footballers we have run through the ones in the last 2 years...he has played nowhere near enough senior football.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:58 am

Depth player, nothing more, another Corrie I reckon.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:28 pm

Went to the game knowing the inclusion of Armstrong and was of the belief he had a specific role.

After a couple of days of real disappointment with the boys I realise the reason was we had no back flankers left. I'm hoping one of them is available for selection this week.

We really missed Seedy's run and carry.

The other thing I'm surprised about is the love for Karnezis, he hasn't showed me he is going to be a great AFL player. Hoping I'm wrong but just don't see it.

Museman 

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:52 pm

Bucks2014 wrote:

The other thing I'm surprised about is the love for Karnezis, he hasn't showed me he is going to be a great AFL player. Hoping I'm wrong but just don't see it.

Completely agree, I see sfa in him.
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:10 am

Tony kicked a nice check side goal before he ran through the banner
E 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:10 am

Museman wrote:
Bucks2014 wrote:

2 shots on goal, 2 goals. A good finisher.

Medieval 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:10 am

E wrote:
Museman wrote:
Bucks2014 wrote:

2 shots on goal, 2 goals. A good finisher.

He looks soft around the ground and spectates contests. Not a good look for a player we intend to play as a tall midfielder. We haven't seen enough of him yet, but what we have seen doesn't seem to justifty the praise and or level of anticipation we have seen for him on Nick's.

Medieval 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:16 am

stui magpie wrote:
To be totally practical, the coaching staff and selectors have a much better idea of what players are capable of than the supporters do, and a much better idea of what they actually want the players to do.

The fact that they select someone and supporters don't understand just proves that.

Armstrong didn't do great but he wasn't the reason we lost. Our inability through the midfield to stop the overlapping forward run in the first quarter was why we lost.

Was it a mistake to start Frost on Hawkins or was that a small part of the divine plan that saw us demolished in the first 50 minutes after he had 7 score involvements? He had 0 impact after Nathan "Shutdown" Brown was moved onto him.

The thing I don't understand is why we play our kids for so long in the VFL before giving them a decent crack. I understand that sometimes early opportunities can stunt their growth/development but I look at players like Wingard or Billings and can't help wonder why we haven't thrown DeGoey in the deep end, because from what little we've seen of him, the kid can swim.

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:31 am

Our success this year in my mind had been on the back of toughness and our will at the contest. Ramsay in defence had been a big part of that. Losing him and replacing him with a player not renowned for that and who had recently been under an injury cloud was confusing. I'd have rather seen someone hard come instead.

Despite that, this selection was not the reason for our loss.
In the first half absolutely everything went the way of the cats, while we laid back from the contest and fumbled repeatedly, along with missing chances that would have kept us in it. A really bad game made worse by a team who seemed to have the luck of the bounce and who took their opportunities when they had them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: