Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Tigers - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to gauge watching on tv how Karnezis actually went in terms of work rate tonight.

If the coaches weren't happy then he might find himself in trouble.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:53 am

IN: Seedsman, Ramsay
OUT: Dwyer, Armstrong (shot out of a cannon into the centre of the sun)

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:08 am

RudeBoy wrote:
John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Time we made a f#cking statement.

Out: Armstrong, Dwyer, Karnezis, Broomhead, Cloke

In: Sidey, Seedsman, Ramsay, De Goey, Gault

you really are an interesting study when we lose. you take leave of your senses more often than not. no need for wholesales changes. i expect bucks to back his boys and to make few changes. ramsay back in for armstrong and seedo for dwyer, pk or broomy.

I just wear my heart on my sleeve JW. I'm gutted tonight and am using Nicks as a form of post traumatic therapy. In the morning I may well deny everything or claim that someone else posted under my name. Off to bed now. Cheers

the sun's up. the world hasn't caved in and we get to play richmond in eight days time. surely something to relish. on paper, the next four weeks looks a softish run and then we are hit by some difficult games in the weeks immediately after the bye.

i would like to see gault return next week. i don't think we can play both witts and grundy which kind of contradicts the call to have gault there but the balance didn't seem right last night.

Warbler 

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:29 am

The paper says Dwyer is injured .

GO PIES
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:51 am

Out: Armstrong (don't expect him to play another AFL game for Collingwood) Dwyer (either injured or copped Bucks wrath at HT), Broomhead (only a kid but came back to the pack last night - ball bounced off his head with his first effort and then handed the ball to a Cats player - for a sub he didn't run his ass off.
In: Seedsman, Ramsay , DeGoey or Marsh or Freeman

On thin ice : White
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:04 am

MagpieBat wrote:
IN: Seedsman, Ramsay
OUT: Dwyer, Armstrong (shot out of a cannon into the centre of the sun)

To be fair I saw him do one thing last night, I think it was in the last quarter? And when you consider how much 1 trav goal is costing us, well......

mattys123 

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:27 am

Wittsy can't play next week, he just can't.

Yes he's better then he showed last night but he directly cost us three goals, he had an absolute shocker and we can't pick him again until he cuts up the VFL.

The problem is his replacement is really only Gault at this stage, and while Corey doesn't make glaring mistakes he doesn't do much at all either.

I'll judge my finals and ins and outs after tonight's VFL game but we need at least one of Seeds and Ramma back if we are to have any chance.

Who would have thought pre season that Ramsay would be so important to us?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:10 am

Too right JW. The sun is up and next week we re-load and hopefully gather our composure and get back on the winning side.

However, after going to bed last night I had a nightmare that the Cats pulverised us last night and that Cloke was missing them from 20 metres directly in front. Tell me it aint true. Crying or Very sad
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:21 pm

Well then we have surely lost the favourites tag for this one, I would hope. It's back to the drawing board and a few days of school will hopefully see a clearer picture for players in this week and barring injury give us stability for the next couple of weeks.
Bucks has always given those plenty of time to find common form on game day so I don't see to many changes just the obvious like Armstrong and Dwyer you would hope.

kickit2me Taurus

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 1:28 pm

Please no player interviews in newspapers and other media for the next 20 weeks.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 1:37 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Too right JW. The sun is up and next week we re-load and hopefully gather our composure and get back on the winning side.

However, after going to bed last night I had a nightmare that the Cats pulverised us last night and that Cloke was missing them from 20 metres directly in front. Tell me it aint true. Crying or Very sad

Did your nightmare include Cloke standing up when the game looked lost and trying his hardest to get us back into the game (including running to centre half back to relieve the pressure for the defenders, then switching the play to set up a coast to coast goal)?

No, I thought not.

It's really hard to play in a forward line with only one key position player.

Yes, we'd all like him to kick straight - but he has been playing a virtual lone hand down there since Dawesy broke his knuckles and Brown retired.
Boot 

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 1:55 pm

Out : Armstrong & Dwyer
In : Seedsman, Ramsay

Karnezis and Broomhead are teasers but they do have talent and hence we should persist with them whilst making it clear that unless they improve their output Sidebottom and Greenwood will take their spots.

Broomhead may be lucky to keep his spot if Ben Kennedy has a good game in the VFL and is fit enough to get back to AFL.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:52 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Did your nightmare include Cloke standing up when the game looked lost and trying his hardest to get us back into the game (including running to centre half back to relieve the pressure for the defenders, then switching the play to set up a coast to coast goal)?

No, I thought not.

It's really hard to play in a forward line with only one key position player.

Yes, we'd all like him to kick straight - but he has been playing a virtual lone hand down there since Dawesy broke his knuckles and Brown retired.

Don't get me wrong P4S, I appreciate Cloke's work rate and effort. I honestly just don't think he's a very good key forward. Ultimately his job is to kick goals, and sadly that is the one thing he is hopeless at doing. He's had a decade or more to develop this skill, but unfortunately he's failed. Given his massive engine and great marking ability, it's an amazing stat that he has only kicked 7 goals in a game once in his entire career. His consistent inability to kick goals from easy set shots is soul destroying for the rest of the team. We obviously disagree on this mate, but I am one Pies supporter who has had enough. It's time to begin building a new forward structure without Cloke.
roar 

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:01 pm

Dwyer and Armstrong are the obvious outs with Seeds and Ramsay the ins.

DeGoey may be a chance if he blitzes the reserves game today, in which case PK would probably miss.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:39 pm

At this stage...

Out:Dwyer, Armsrong

Next in line Broomhead and Karnezis I'd imagine depending on how the VFL boys go.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16   

Jump to: