Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Cats - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 1:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Grundy is Miles Better then Witts
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 1:42 am

in fhe cold light of day, I reckon the pussies had their season almost on the line, and they played accordingly in that awful first half. Face it, they jumped us, and our younger players simply could not cope, their older guys like selwood and taylor, lonergan, were fantastic, could not put a foot wrong. I was heartened by our first half, we fought back, we could have lost by fifteen goals, but we showed a lot of resolve in the second half, had cloke kicked straight, it may have gone right down to the wire. How we miss sidey, reid, mcaffer, seeds, is just unreal, put them in, we are a much better balanced team. Maybe this is the loss we had to have, the wake up call, sometimes losses like this can do a very young team the world of good, they sure learnt a lot tonight, that's for sure.! Next week, seeds will be back, perhaps degoey, sidey has to be close, all we can do, is reload for next week against the tiges, and come out breathing fire, to atone for last night disappointment, we can learn a lhell of a lot from last nights game, that's for sure.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 1:43 am

damn, I meant I was heartened by our second half. Embarassed

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 1:51 am

Geelong had plenty of young players in that team.

Might be close to as many as us.

They are rebuilding on the run like us and doing a good job.

If they get Dangerfield then plenty of tough contests to come against them in the years ahead.

Clark would have been handy tonight on our side also.

winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:20 am

ANNODAM wrote:
Rubbish!

Witts & Armstrong have gotta go!

Try Cloke and White. I have had enough of their pathetic attempts at goal. I have absolutely no confidence in them at all!!!

leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:23 am

I'm confused, Witts did some fantastic things (for a big guy) in the early stages. He shows a lot for a young ruck man but Jesus Christ, his errors are so costly and he just seems so one dimensional.

Not many positives tonight, thought Grundy was good along with Brown. Really missed Seeds' run and carry.

We're rebuilding, this won't be the last awful match we'll get from these guys for the next year it two. Fortunately we'll get our share of great performances too, just have to take the good with the bad for a while. As hard as that is Sad
leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:25 am

Ps. Jesse White is terrible, time to get him out of the team and put Gault / Marsh / Moore in for experiences instead. Alternate them all, I don't give a shit
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:25 am

ALL I CAN SAY, ALSO, NO MATTER WHAT THE COST, TRY AND GET DANGERFIELD TO THE PIES, CLOKES GOALKICKING IS KILLING US. Just saying.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:37 am

leonmagic wrote:
I'm confused, Witts did some fantastic things (for a big guy) in the early stages. He shows a lot for a young ruck man but Jesus Christ, his errors are so costly and he just seems so one dimensional.

Not many positives tonight, thought Grundy was good along with Brown. Really missed Seeds' run and carry.

We're rebuilding, this won't be the last awful match we'll get from these guys for the next year it two. Fortunately we'll get our share of great performances too, just have to take the good with the bad for a while. As hard as that is Sad

Witts lack a Footy Brain

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:39 am

cressyg wrote:
White is running out of chances and Cloke is knocking the stuffing out of team with his poor kicking...but what alternatives do we have? Blair had a quiet night but he was not the worst.

White is like Zsa Zsa Gabor - surely his previous divorces should have been sufficient warning not to sign the marriage certificate.

Move Cloke to the 50m arc and tell him he is not allowed more than 5m inside. If he gets too close to goal, sub him for not following team game plan. Put Swan in front of goal - his disposal tonight was pretty ordinary but at least he can kick 40m in a straight line from a set shot.

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:43 am

winpies wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
Rubbish!

Witts & Armstrong have gotta go!

Try Cloke and White. I have had enough of their pathetic attempts at goal. I have absolutely no confidence in them at all!!!

I'd be surprised if their teammates do either.

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:46 am

Dave The Man wrote:
leonmagic wrote:

Witts lack a Footy Brain

Agree. Also lacks footy hands - for a big bloke in the forward line to drop marks that, because of this height, are uncontested, means his height is not an advantage. Blair takes more marks.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:56 am

Dave The Man wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
and then who plays KPF?

YOLO, bitches.

IF he is our Best KPF then we are in Trouble

True, but he's all we've got to work with right now.

For next year, we need to either hit the trade table for someone like Tom Lynch or just go to the draft and take a Schache or a Weideman. Oh, and develop Moore as a forward as well...

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:21 am

I'm not looking to drop Blair on the back of one poor game but in reality if De Goey keeps playing well in the VFL week after week it's hard to keep arguing how a number 5 pick who is more talented, bigger, stronger and is known for his tackling is not a better option up forward even in these early stages of his career.
McMonkey 

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:15 am

Disappointing but I didn't think it was the Collingwood loss we have seen consistently over the last year or so, the one where we insist on giving the ball back to the opposition at every opportunity.

Geelong won their own ball, we lacked the tackling pressure to influence a turnover, our tackling and body pressure, first half especially, was soft. Terrible kicking for goal didn't help. If we had of been down by only 4 or 5 goals at the half then who knows.

Witts' decision making was terrible, hopefully it gets better, Cloke's kicking is at an all time low, primary school kids would nail the goals he misses from top of the square, just awful, inexcusable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: