Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Cats - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:04 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

MAJOR reality check. Kicking the crap out trash the past month created a false economy. We have done nothing yet.

In the plus column, we get another trash team next week, so all will be right again next Sunday.

White can piss off back to Sydney. Or at least, he could, if we had something in reserve. Corey Gault, welcome back.

Oh, and where have all the Armstrong cheerleaders gone? How nice of the boys to help him fatten his stats. Lord knows, he can't fatten them himself! First one out when the team sheets are lodged next week.

That being said, he wasn't alone. A fair number of VFL players in that team tonight, some who will still get a game because Davoren keeps finding ways to put them in casualty. Still, we should get Seedsman, Sidey and Ramsay back next week, so a couple will make way.

Next...

courtza 

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:06 am

If Reid ever comes back he has to play up forward, I'd keep cloke up there as a decoy and send White to the womens comp.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:10 am

MagpieBat wrote:
MAJOR reality check. Kicking the crap out trash the past month created a false economy. We have done nothing yet.

In the plus column, we get another trash team next week, so all will be right again next Sunday.

White can piss off back to Sydney. Or at least, he could, if we had something in reserve. Corey Gault, welcome back.

Oh, and where have all the Armstrong cheerleaders gone? How nice of the boys to help him fatten his stats. Lord knows, he can't fatten them himself! First one out when the team sheets are lodged next week.

That being said, he wasn't alone. A fair number of VFL players in that team tonight, some who will still get a game because Davoren keeps finding ways to put them in casualty. Still, we should get Seedsman, Sidey and Ramsay back next week, so a couple will make way.

Next...

I'll put my hand up as one who defended Armstrong. I was wrong. He tried, but is simply not physically strong enough for AFL footy. I'm also a bit worried about Broomhead, who seems to go missing when the heat is really on. Hopefully he'll learn and get better, as he has heaps of talent. We really needed some bigger bodies around the ball tonight. Surely we must now bring in De Goey and possibly Marsh. Witts was poor, but he should be given a couple more weeks to find his form.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:14 am

The game was shot by quarter time, then any reprieve from Geelong in the second quarter was squandered by bad kicking from White and Cloke. We never gave in after that so it's encouraging to think that when everything is going against you we could hold our own after half time.

Just a point about selection. We lose our run off half back with Ramsay out and lose our run off the wing with Seedsman out. We drop a mobile ruckman/forward in Gault and bring in a pure ruckman in Witts. We bring in a lightly framed half back in Armstrong who can't tackle or maintain a tackle and happen to play Armstrong against one of the strongest sides in the AFL in Geelong. And the third player we bring in who is a strong runner in Broomhead, we decide to play him as the sub. Contrast this with Geelong who drop a slow lumbering ruckman in Simpson and bring in an extra runner in Cowan. Is this making any sense??

On the question of Witts versus Gault, the way I see it is that Witts does a few things very well and a few things very very poorly, whereas Gault doesn't do a lot of things very well but doesn't do many things poorly either. So do you go with the player who is less mobile but has the greater upside (Witts), or do you stick with the player who gets to contests but doesn't take the game apart and probably never will(Gault). At this stage I would be backing Gault.

For those criticizing White, I thought he played his best game for the season. His kicking let him down which unfortunately coincided with Cloke's bad kicking. To have two key forwards kicking badly is never going to win you games of footy against good opposition.

As for the other players, Oxley played well, Langdon continues to impress though his kicking let him down and Williams and Toovey held up a defense that was being taken to the cleaners. Brown was excellent on Hawkins after Hawkins took Frost apart.
selkevh 

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:15 am

Watching the post match interview. I like the way Bucks won't bag individual players. It's a team game.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:16 am

courtza wrote:
If Reid ever comes back he has to play up forward, I'd keep cloke up there as a decoy and send White to the womens comp.

Insulting. To women...

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:18 am

Monco Matt wrote:
Got served a huge dose of reality. A nice big fat reality burger with a side of humble pie. Lesson to be learned Pies, you are not good enough yet to play with no intensity for a half and escape with a win. The Cats are a middle rung team, and we looked like a side who had 3 easy wins against bottom sides.

What do we do with that mind job up forward? How can we possibly contemplate beating any team noteworthy with this guy spraying them all over the place week in and week out. Just do not know! Help me understand, please!!!! I'm begging you, someone, please explain how, how, howwww!!! Arrrrrrrrrgh!!!!

Okay - let's just roll with this then...
But plain to see when Pendles is held, the rest of the plan goes to the shithouse. Crisp continually held off the ball, thus he can't generate run.
These f*ckers did their homework on us. We got out-tackled, and out-harassed, particularly in the first half.
Arsehats: Cloke White Swan Elliott Blair and Dwyer.
Very disappointing coming from senior players; overpaid ones at that for what they deliver might I add. All started with Elliott, who dropped that absolute SODA in the goal square early in 1st quarter. And it all went to shit from there.
Arses handed to them by a team of no-names and front runners.
We know the kids are going to have down games, but preferably not in the same f*cking night.
And we know Armstrong had no hope of holding his spot for next week with the amount of ball coming in to D50. So please, can everybody not crap on about it any further. Not like he cost us the game.

Geelong too old? Could have fooled me.

selkevh wrote:
Duck is rambling on about goalkicking being the only one thing that hasn't improved in 100 years.

He should know. Think back to the 1998 Grand Final.

Not one to defend this doofus, but he is right.
And IIRC, the 1998 GF had an absolute swirling whore of a breeze slaughter North's kicking at goal in that 1st half, costing them the flag.
The f*ckwits in out forward line don't have that excuse.

Dyso

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:19 am

MagpieBat wrote:

Next...

Not his fault the ball kept coming down the backline when your mids were no where to be seen. Armstrong is not good enough in our first 22 but he's a top up player when required.

I thought Karnezis has shown himself to be poor: he belongs to the two's. Simply NFI & not up to it. He was in no mans land in defence & simply not good enough IMO. I'd trade him if we could.

Great disappointment tonight from most of the team

How many unforced errors were there tonight?

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:19 am

Playing against witches hats last weak wasn't the ideal preparation for tonight's game.
This is a young group and it will get better.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:22 am

RudeBoy wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:

Next...

I'll put my hand up as one who defended Armstrong. I was wrong. He tried, but is simply not physically strong enough for AFL footy. I'm also a bit worried about Broomhead, who seems to go missing when the heat is really on. Hopefully he'll learn and get better, as he has heaps of talent. We really needed some bigger bodies around the ball tonight. Surely we must now bring in De Goey and possibly Marsh. Witts was poor, but he should be given a couple more weeks to find his form.

how can you say we need to bring in bigger bodies and in the next breath call for de goey's inclusion? Confused

we missed seedo's run and carry. i don't think ramsay would have done much better. we were simply off for most of the night. lots of fumbling and from those who are usually quite sure with the ball. we also played dumb football.

at least we eventually had a crack and got on top at various stages in the second half. shame she many players went missing early in the game.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:22 am

You look through our stats and of those who amassed over 20 disposals only Pendlebury had a major influence on our game you feel.

We just didn't have enough players getting dangerous with the ball in hand tonight.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:24 am

3.14159 wrote:
Playing against witches hats last weak wasn't the ideal preparation for tonight's game.
This is a young group and it will get better.

apparently, this year, every team that has played carlton has lost the week after.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:28 am

Time for some comfort food.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:30 am

All right then.

Who was the bright spark who had the cunning plan to give the players valium before the game tonight. Own up?

I want names.

BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:30 am

Our midfield was beaten up, it starts from there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: