Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

KPF's

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:36 am
Post subject: KPF'sReply with quote

I don't know what happened to my thread about recruiting more mids instead of KPF's - it just disappeared . . .

However . . . .

Friday night again highlighted our lack of depth up forward. I've totally lost patience with White - just once too often he has hung back from the bouncing ball for me - that is simply gutless and sends all the wrong messages back upfield to the centre / backs who have worked their guts out to get it upfield only for him to hang back and allow the opposition to clear it.

Gault isn't there yet and may never be, Witts certainly is having an ordinary go of it at the moment and Cloke . . . well he is what he is.

Forget the mids we need KPF's desperately, absolutely zero depth and the options we have at the moment simply aren't working.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

last week we had 15 goal kickers. this week we had five.

for all of white's performance he did kick two goals. ttrev obviously is not getting rewarded for effort and we know he is his own worst enemy. but, when he kicks 4-5 goals supporters still lament the lost opportunity of possibly kicking more.

if our talls are not kicking goals you want them to at least create contests and bring the ball to ground. where was elliot, where was broomhead, varcoe, blair etc capitalising on this? our forward set up consists of more than two players.

Az 

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:00 pm

A lot of those kicks were just banged forward in hope one of the big fellas could get to it on time. Although I was pretty disappointed in he and Cloke's game, the service was again pretty terrible due to pressure. I can understand why White held off when he knew he wasn't going to be able to grab the clean ball because if it did bounce, there was a good chance it wasn't going in his direction and Geelong would have rebounded. I can forgive him for thinking that, because they quite literally got the lucky bounce of the ball all god damn night.

I do however agree that we are in desperate need of another key forward.
Museman 

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:03 pm

I think James Stewart will turn out to be something....pity.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:01 pm

Az wrote:
A lot of those kicks were just banged forward in hope one of the big fellas could get to it on time. Although I was pretty disappointed in he and Cloke's game, the service was again pretty terrible due to pressure. I can understand why White held off when he knew he wasn't going to be able to grab the clean ball because if it did bounce, there was a good chance it wasn't going in his direction and Geelong would have rebounded. I can forgive him for thinking that, because they quite literally got the lucky bounce of the ball all god damn night.

Are we still looking at Dean Gelea?

www.facebook/the hybernators
Az 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:18 pm

3rd degree wrote:
Az wrote:

Are we still looking at Dean Gelea?

Forget that. I heard John "call me Jack" Anthony kicked 7 last weekend
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:38 pm

I just hope that when Darcy Moore starts playing again that we forget about grooming him as a defender and play him as a CHF. Perhaps we should do the same with Reid as well, if he ever gets back on the park.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:38 pm

A stop gap solution could be Henderson from the scum.

Apparently the cats are circling and I think we should be taking a look as well.

Would give us cover at both ends of the ground and in a decent team for the first time in his career might see him thrive up forward teamed with Cloke.

With Keeffe sadly all but certain to be delisted and Reid having his ongoing issues we could use another mature aged kpp.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:48 pm

If we had Keefe and Reid available along with Moore we wouldn't be too bad.

As it stands, loosing Keefe will mean we need to recruit another tall.

Gault is developing ok and White can play as a third tall if he swaps into the ruck. Some of whites worst games are when Grundy and Witts both play.

I watched Stewart sat night live and he is moving very well. Is much bigger bodied this year, can leap at the footy and crash packs. He actually performed better than McCarthy.

The problem is really Reid. If he can play consistently then we have options with Moore. We do need that third mobile "Gunstan" type player and atm its only Karnesis, Abbott or as a smokey Oxley that could fill this role.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:58 pm

MJ23 wrote:

Gault is developing ok and White can play as a third tall if he swaps into the ruck. Some of whites worst games are when Grundy and Witts both play.

I watched Stewart sat night live and he is moving very well. Is much bigger bodied this year, can leap at the footy and crash packs. He actually performed better than McCarthy.

The problem is really Reid. If he can play consistently then we have options with Moore. We do need that third mobile "Gunstan" type player and atm its only Karnesis, Abbott or as a smokey Oxley that could fill this role.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Abbott get a game or two later in the season. He's not a KPP, but he's built like a brick sh*thouse, can mark and is fast. He's starting to play some good VFL footy.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:59 pm

Museman wrote:
I think James Stewart will turn out to be something....pity.

Yep agree, was thinking the very same thing..... Crying or Very sad

MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:19 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
MJ23 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me to see Abbott get a game or two later in the season. He's not a KPP, but he's built like a brick sh*thouse, can mark and is fast. He's starting to play some good VFL footy.

Yep. Everything about him talks strong, big bodied aggressive forward. Sounds a bit like Swartz. Although he is a bit shorter he marks very tall.
From what I've seen and heard he needs to continue to work on his tank.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:26 pm

loving the look of abbott. certainly not shy in having a crack. i suspect he'll spend the year developing in the vfl.
roar 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:40 pm

Very excited about Abbott. If he stays the course and gets fit, he will be a massive weapon.

Wouldn't look out of place in 42, IMO.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:51 pm

I like the look of Abbott too. Definitely some raw material there to work with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: