Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Terror attacks by Islamist groups

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

In other news, Humpty Dumpty falls off wall. IS claims responsibility.

This is good news for Le Pen, I should think. Poor France.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:14 pm

A thought.

Does the rise of right wing politics actually helping ISIS long term game? (that's assuming they have one, but bear with me)

ISIS desired outcome is a world wide caliphate under Sharia rule.

To achieve that, there's several ways apart from traditional terrorism or warfare. One is my immigration. Stock other countries with hostile Mulsims.

Now, that only works if the dislocated muslims are actually hostile and sympathisers to the ISIS cause, which, to be fair, the vast majority aren't. Apart from the occasional idiot with some loose wiring, the majority of Muslims do want to live peacefully. A number just have different ideas about what that means to what we would.

So, if you can't persuade by marketing the idea of joining ISIS to all the Muslims out there, what's another option? Answer, make non muslims distrust muslims by planned terrorism and also taking credit for every act you can that stokes the fires. Turn Muslims into pariahs in their adopted countries and force them into becoming sympathetic to ISIS. Us against them mentality, psychology at it's most basic.

now this assumes that someone in the head of ISIS is playing the long game and, it's potentially working. Not in this generation or even the next but possibly the next?.

Going to be fascinating to see how it plays out.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:55 am

^ I doubt ISIS are rational enough to have along term strategy - they seem to be driven more by a Hitler-ish hatred and resentment - but undoubtedly the mobilisation of the substantial Muslim minority in our country is helpful to them. It is possible that this mobilisation will occur almost regardless, as every group in society can, and will, find grievances in this age of discontent.

It is why we should be very careful to protect and support the many law-abiding Muslims who are lawfully in our country now, while discouraging Islamic immigration in the future until Islam ceases to be the motive force in most global terrorism. Somehow this perfectly rational policy has come to be regarded as extreme, because the militant pro-Islam minority shout so loudly. Fortunately, the majority, who are not racist towards groups that do not do harm, are increasingly unafraid of the mindless racism chant. This is progress. We should perhaps be pleased that the Islamic terror phenomenon has boiled up now, while our Muslim population is 5-8%, and not 25% - at which point a civil war would have been a risk.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:56 am

stui magpie wrote:
A thought.

Does the rise of right wing politics actually helping ISIS long term game? (that's assuming they have one, but bear with me)

To achieve that, there's several ways apart from traditional terrorism or warfare. One is my immigration. Stock other countries with hostile Mulsims.

Now, that only works if the dislocated muslims are actually hostile and sympathisers to the ISIS cause, which, to be fair, the vast majority aren't. Apart from the occasional idiot with some loose wiring, the majority of Muslims do want to live peacefully. A number just have different ideas about what that means to what we would.

So, if you can't persuade by marketing the idea of joining ISIS to all the Muslims out there, what's another option? Answer, make non muslims distrust muslims by planned terrorism and also taking credit for every act you can that stokes the fires. Turn Muslims into pariahs in their adopted countries and force them into becoming sympathetic to ISIS. Us against them mentality, psychology at it's most basic.

now this assumes that someone in the head of ISIS is playing the long game and, it's potentially working. Not in this generation or even the next but possibly the next?.

This is more or less precisely what's happening. Except for the bit about them seeking a worldwide caliphate. They may be crazy, but they're not totally delusional – their pipedream is to restore the Umayyad Caliphate (see map here: https://i.imgur.com/iyIEOJj.png). I'm sure they say stuff about taking over the whole world; but given how far they are from even taking a single country (having failed to gain any ground in Syria or Iraq), they know full well that they have no chance of establishing an 'Islamic State' in the middle of Europe.

So the goal at the moment is everything else you're saying: win converts, get as many as possible to come over to the Middle East to join the struggle, and keep up the terrorist attacks in the west as a PR strategy. Every single government that gets elected on an anti-Muslim platform is a win for them, unquestionably.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:34 am

^ whereas every government that is elected on a pro-Muslim platform is a win as well ? You will say, I suppose, that tolerance is not the same as a pro-Muslim platform, but as long as "tolerance" is equated with a rising proportion of the Muslim population in our country via immigration, it is pro-Muslim as a matter of logic and practice. We need to break the link between tolerance of those who are here (good) and further Islamisation via immigration (a really bad idea).
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:44 am

David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
A thought.

This is more or less precisely what's happening. Except for the bit about them seeking a worldwide caliphate. They may be crazy, but they're not totally delusional – their pipedream is to restore the Umayyad Caliphate (see map here: https://i.imgur.com/iyIEOJj.png). I'm sure they say stuff about taking over the whole world; but given how far they are from even taking a single country (having failed to gain any ground in Syria or Iraq), they know full well that they have no chance of establishing an 'Islamic State' in the middle of Europe.

So the goal at the moment is everything else you're saying: win converts, get as many as possible to come over to the Middle East to join the struggle, and keep up the terrorist attacks in the west as a PR strategy. Every single government that gets elected on an anti-Muslim platform is a win for them, unquestionably.

I actually think bringing in new Muslim immigrants will improve things. Apart from the occasional actual IS terrorist that slips into a country because the intelligence services struggle to dress themselves, most of these hate crimes are perpetrated by citizens who were born in the country they have come to hate. A little dose of reality from people who are fleeing the horrors of the war the homegrown jihadis fancy will probably help.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:10 pm

Because this is what we really want?.....

https://youtu.be/bH60P3LV5ZQ

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:34 pm

What's in the link, Skids? I'm concerned that I may not be suitable for that content.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:35 pm

Is that your final answer?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:37 pm

Subject to any further answer I may (or may not) give, yes. Definitively.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:14 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^ whereas every government that is elected on a pro-Muslim platform is a win as well ? You will say, I suppose, that tolerance is not the same as a pro-Muslim platform, but as long as "tolerance" is equated with a rising proportion of the Muslim population in our country via immigration, it is pro-Muslim as a matter of logic and practice. We need to break the link between tolerance of those who are here (good) and further Islamisation via immigration (a really bad idea).

I tend to agree, even considering p4S comments about home grown terrorists.

We should minimise immigration from Muslim countries and for those versions of Islam that tend toward radicalisation and non assimilation.

Focus on the ones we have here already, by setting clear boundaries of what's reasonable and what's not, support them within those boundaries and take action on those who go outside them.

We expect everyone to follow Australian law and act in accordance with Australian values.

Examples,

if someone wants to wear chador or whatever, no dramas, but there are limits (like court, banks, and other places where visual identification is required)

Setting aside a prayer room so Muslims can pray during work time, no dramas

Diluting Christmas and other religious holidays so as not to offend Muslims, not on. Deal with it.

Stop pissing around trying not to cause offence with day to day things that are part of the culture and every other nationality and religion seem to cope with and focus on the bigger things.

This is how we do stuff here. That expectation needs to be clear.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:24 pm

^ Agree with all that!!
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:25 pm

Skids wrote:
Because this is what we really want?.....

https://youtu.be/bH60P3LV5ZQ

Worth a look. We have similar stuff regularly in the U.K, but on a worse scale in more places. It started, over here, with the Rushdie outrage.

Who voted for this in our society ? Via what mandate did our politicians plant this seed of Arab absolutism, hatred and division in our nation of law and liberty ?

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:10 pm

Morrigu wrote:
^ Agree with all that!!

Ditto.

Stui summed it up well.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:20 am

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/01/indian-mob-beats-two-muslims-to-death-over-suspected-cow-theft
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 67 of 105   

Jump to: