Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Terror attacks by Islamist groups

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

He's more like a conspiracy theorist nutjob – see his references to the illuminati and freemasonry. The stuff about being a god himself, meanwhile, sounds like some sort of schizophrenic delusion. Unless you're a cult leader, it's a bit hard to be a member of an organised religion if you think you're god – you'll be kicked out for blasphemy in five minutes.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:51 am

^^^ This was a bit like when Frank Vitkovic went postal. No political objective - "just" a murderous idiot.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:26 pm

David wrote:
He's more like a conspiracy theorist nutjob – see his references to the illuminati and freemasonry. The stuff about being a god himself, meanwhile, sounds like some sort of schizophrenic delusion. Unless you're a cult leader, it's a bit hard to be a member of an organised religion if you think you're god – you'll be kicked out for blasphemy in five minutes.

Even Mohammed, Jesus & Brian thought they were gods. Moses just spoke with God indeed heard gods voice. Loonies the lot of them.

Can we lock up Trump on that measure?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:29 pm

Skids wrote:
David wrote:
This is pretty opportunistic even by your standards, Skids. In another Facebook post, old mate Jimmy said he was being commanded by "the gods", plural. These are the ravings of a lunatic, not those of an adherent of any recognisable religion.

But even if you could establish that he was a real-life Muslim, that fact would obviously be incidental – to label this a terrorist attack is absurd in the sense that there were no political or religious motives whatsoever.

The only real question here is: why is it so important to you to believe that every atrocity that occurs is an Islamist terror attack?

maybe it's not Islam, just another bunch of Middle Eastern loonies.

Like Jesus, Mohammed & Moses.Then again Jesus could well be from Mexico or the Phillipines.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:39 pm

I'm annoyed about the whole opportunistic shite going on so close to the appalling actions of last Friday:

1. Blame the Police (as Culprit & I noted earlier);
2. Police blame magistrates & parole (yet the Police did not appeal the decision or decisions that have been many & varied over the course of recent times)
3. More money in mental health is a truism & needs to happen but for prof McGorry & Dr Helen Schultz to come out so brazenly now is nothing short of self serving shite.
4. Mathew Guy the state opposition leader trying to get political mileage so soon after the event deserves contempt
5. The right wing nut jobs and terror, the conspiracy theory nutters- well they always deserve disrespect & I apologise for listing them here as though they deserve some merit by placing them alongside Police & the law.

npalm 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:57 pm

^^ agree wholeheartedly.
Self serving, self righteous blaming does nothing to help prevent the recurrence of such acts in the future. If anything it's counterproductive.

npalm 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:04 pm

David wrote:

The only real question here is: why is it so important to you to believe that every atrocity that occurs is an Islamist terror attack?

Skids, you didn't answer the key part of David's question. Why is it so important to you that ....its an Islamist terror attack?

It seems to me that you wanted the perpetrator of the CBD attack to be a Muslim. Why is that?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:17 pm

watt price tully wrote:
I'm annoyed about the whole opportunistic shite going on so close to the appalling actions of last Friday:

2. Police blame magistrates & parole (yet the Police did not appeal the decision or decisions that have been many & varied over the course of recent times)
3. More money in mental health is a truism & needs to happen but for prof McGorry & Dr Helen Schultz to come out so brazenly now is nothing short of self serving shite.
4. Mathew Guy the state opposition leader trying to get political mileage so soon after the event deserves contempt
5. The right wing nut jobs and terror, the conspiracy theory nutters- well they always deserve disrespect & I apologise for listing them here as though they deserve some merit by placing them alongside Police & the law.

my sister has been working in family violence for a couple of years, believe me, they try try try to get judges to do things differently, but until its too late, nope, perps rights come first. it wears you down, She is about to take up a new post (in the city, trying to get this sort of shit changed)

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:50 pm

npalm wrote:
David wrote:

Skids, you didn't answer the key part of David's question. Why is it so important to you that ....its an Islamist terror attack?

It seems to me that you wanted the perpetrator of the CBD attack to be a Muslim. Why is that?

I didn't want the perpetrator to exist Exclamation let alone be of any religious background. I simply heard through media and social media that he is a Muslim.

There will be terrorist attacks by radical Muslims in this country due to our piss weak governments policy on immigration and pandering to these nut jobs.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:56 pm

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

my sister has been working in family violence for a couple of years, believe me, they try try try to get judges to do things differently, but until its too late, nope, perps rights come first. it wears you down, She is about to take up a new post (in the city, trying to get this sort of shit changed)

The police however have not appealed decisions though (not your sister) so I find it self serving for them to complain about issues when they do little about it.

(I realised this out to be in the Bourke street thread) Embarassed

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:38 pm

The police can't appeal everything, they have work to do, like chasing the last lot of fuckheads released when they should not have been, it all takes time and a mountain of paperwork, the fricken judge should not have let him out

judge, hmm this guy is a bit feral looking, oh look he beat up his own family, so mr policeman, what do you think, should he be out before trial? mr policeman: NO

oh come on now, everyone deserves a second chance, and he might be innocent, that black eye could be charcoal or something. mr policeman: check out his facebook page, he is ranting about doing nasty stuff.

free speech, free speech! $50 and his mothers dirty laundry, bailed

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:00 pm

think positive wrote:
The police can't appeal everything, they have work to do, like chasing the last lot of fuckheads released when they should not have been, it all takes time and a mountain of paperwork, the fricken judge should not have let him out

judge, hmm this guy is a bit feral looking, oh look he beat up his own family, so mr policeman, what do you think, should he be out before trial? mr policeman: NO

oh come on now, everyone deserves a second chance, and he might be innocent, that black eye could be charcoal or something. mr policeman: check out his facebook page, he is ranting about doing nasty stuff.

free speech, free speech! $50 and his mothers dirty laundry, bailed

Police prosecutions can appeal. They chose not to here & I also think the with the Jill Meagher murderer. They admitted their error with Meagher . That's why I find it hypocritical when the police haven't used the legal mechanisms available to them then complain about it post fact. It's not all second chance or as mechanistic as that. Like with example Skids used elsewhere there are are a number off factors that come into play as P4S has explained too.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:15 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^ This was a bit like when Frank Vitkovic went postal. No political objective - "just" a murderous idiot.

yep. Julian Knight, Martin Bryant.....

All acts fit most of the definition of terrorism as is generally understood, except for the motivation.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:11 pm

Canada mosque killings.

Bloody Muslims.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:05 am

I guess that one doesn't make the list.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/30/quebec-mosque-shooting-two-students-arrested-gun-attack-mosque/

This is what happens when politicians exploit fear and division: more violence from Islamic extremists and more violence against Muslims from right-wing extremists. The two feed and sustain each other. We see this in Israel and Palestine since Netanyahu took power, in the Rwanda genocide and even in relationships with mutual domestic violence: a process of escalation that causes more and more damage on both sides and makes the prospect of reconciliation more and more distant. The world is gradually being turned over to governments who only understand the language of escalation, and none of us will be able to escape the consequences.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 58 of 105   

Jump to: