Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Terror attacks by Islamist groups

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Nah. 'Cause Jacqui Lambie said it.

Slightly more seriously, it's a perfect way for our cultural reformers to justify hundreds of thousands arriving

Slightly more seriously again, the bastards among them will soon slip the tag and we'll have a perfect record of all the vast majority of people who mean us no harm at all.

Slightly more seriously seriously, this is a big problem - the biggest of our time, and probably the biggest since 1940. It will take extreme measures. But human dignity still matters, and I don't think people should be tagged like dogs because of where they come from.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:54 am

I've seen (progressive/liberal) people using Native Americans or Australian Aboriginals to make a point that white people mass migrated once or were refugees (pilgrims). I say Exactly, and look what happens to a native population that is out bred and culturally dominated. Europe is in deep, deep shit.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:11 am

5 civilians murdered in Israel in the last 5-6 days

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4728428,00.html

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:24 am

Wokko wrote:
I've seen (progressive/liberal) people using Native Americans or Australian Aboriginals to make a point that white people mass migrated once or were refugees (pilgrims). I say Exactly, and look what happens to a native population that is out bred and culturally dominated. Europe is in deep, deep shit.

I find it hard to know, Wokko, but it is possible. I believe this is an expansionist and imperialist religion, but it has a fight on its hands to assert its claims against the forces of modernity in our society - education, generational change, pluralism and powerful institutions.

Also, per my post in another thread, I think Europe is finally starting to wake up. Bizarrely, it may be IS and Al-Qaeda that make us actually address the problem that would have been far worse had it been allowed to slumber for a few more decades. Muslims are about 8-10% of Europe's population. A lot, but it's hard to mount a takeover with 10% of the shares - especially when some of your fellow shareholders are blowing up the company's assets.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:42 pm

Actually, Mugwump, 4% of Europe's population was the last figure I read, and apparently if we accepted every single Syrian refugee it would go up to about 5%. Thar takin' over! Rolling Eyes

As for Lambie, fascists will be fascists. Perhaps she should have read this:

http://www.ibtimes.com/paris-attack-2015-named-terrorists-all-european-nationals-not-syrian-refugees-2191677

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:03 pm

It's not 4% David. It's actually 6% as of January 2011 referring to stats from the Pew Research Center.

Quote:
The number of Muslims in Europe has grown from 29.6 million in 1990 to 44.1 million in 2010.34 Europes Muslim population is projected to exceed 58 million by 2030. Muslims today account for about 6% of Europes total population, up from 4.1% in 1990. By 2030, Muslims are expected to make up 8% of Europes population. Although Europes Muslim population is growing, Europes share of the global Muslim population will remain quite small. Less than 3% of the worlds Muslims are expected to be living in Europe in 2030, about the same portion as in 2010 (2.7%).

Most European Muslims will continue to live in Eastern Europe, but some of the biggest increases in Europes Muslim population in absolute numbers over the next 20 years are expected to occur in the United Kingdom, France, Italy, Germany and other countries in Western, Northern and Southern Europe.

The number of Muslims in Europe is expected to grow by about the same amount in the next 20 years as it did in the previous two decades. From 1990 to 2010, the number of Muslims in Europe increased by about 14.5 million. In the next 20 years, the number of Muslims in the region is forecast to increase by roughly 14 million, albeit from a higher base.

In annual percentage terms, Europes Muslim population is projected to grow at a declining rate, in part because of falling fertility rates and in part because Muslim immigration to Europe is leveling off (see discussion of fertility on page 132 and of migration on page 133). Nevertheless, Europes Muslim population will continue to grow at a faster pace than its non-Muslim population, which has been decreasing. As a result, Muslims are expected to make up a growing share of Europes total population.

The initial projection was by 2030 that Muslims would make up 8% of Europe's population but with the influx of refugees (many of those being Muslims) I wonder if future population projections will be re-evaluated now.

http://www.pewforum.org/2011/01/27/future-of-the-global-muslim-population-regional-europe/

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:23 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Wokko wrote:

I find it hard to know, Wokko, but it is possible. I believe this is an expansionist and imperialist religion, but it has a fight on its hands to assert its claims against the forces of modernity in our society - education, generational change, pluralism and powerful institutions.

Also, per my post in another thread, I think Europe is finally starting to wake up. Bizarrely, it may be IS and Al-Qaeda that make us actually address the problem that would have been far worse had it been allowed to slumber for a few more decades. Muslims are about 8-10% of Europe's population. A lot, but it's hard to mount a takeover with 10% of the shares - especially when some of your fellow shareholders are blowing up the company's assets.

Fellow shareholders? There's that conflation again. Turn around for five minutes and you guys are impugning every last Muslim without care or distinction. Because we all know 100% of Muslims are missionary terrorists looking to take over Europe.

Honestly, you guys can't hold one conversation for the cameras and then resort to gross prejudice when drinking with your mates. Speaking factually all the time is surely the idea.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:23 pm

I read something the other day about the general issues with the Muslim population in Britain.

The one comment that resonated was that while Australia has a much smaller number of Muslims, the percentage of radicalisation in the population is the same.

That's why I'd support an immigration cap on Muslims. Any group that has demonstrated they don't assimilate into the local population well should be kept to a small manageable minority.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:26 pm

I think I know that one.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:36 pm

pietillidie wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Wokko wrote:

Fellow shareholders? There's that conflation again. Turn around for five minutes and you guys are impugning every last Muslim without care or distinction. Because we all know 100% of Muslims are missionary terrorists looking to take over Europe.

Honestly, you guys can't hold one conversation for the cameras and then resort to gross prejudice when drinking with your mates. Speaking factually all the time is surely the idea.

Seemed a reasonable metaphor to me. I am not responsible for the bad acts of other shareholders in a public company in which I am myself a shareholder, though I do like to see that company's interests advanced. It's not impugning all Muslims at all. You're sniffing the air for odours that are not there.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:49 pm

David wrote:
Actually, Mugwump, 4% of Europe's population was the last figure I read, and apparently if we accepted every single Syrian refugee it would go up to about 5%. Thar takin' over! Rolling Eyes

http://www.ibtimes.com/paris-attack-2015-named-terrorists-all-european-nationals-not-syrian-refugees-2191677

It varies by country. In France it's about 8%, in Poland very few. The UK is about 6% from memory. it's certainly heading towards 10% in northern Europe. The rate of change matters, and with continued high rates of initial migration, plus family reunion and birth rates, it'll be a major force if we do not stop it. At 20% you have probably fundamentally changed the character of a society. Germany has taken almost a million in a year, and the level we have now is already large enough to result indirectly in thousands of murders via terrorism. I think you are being deeply complacent.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:09 pm

Mugwump wrote:
David wrote:

It varies by country. In France it's about 8%, in Poland very few. The UK is about 6% from memory. it's certainly heading towards 10% in northern Europe. The rate of change matters, and with continued high rates of initial migration, plus family reunion and birth rates, it'll be a major force if we do not stop it. At 20% you have probably fundamentally changed the character of a society. Germany has taken almost a million in a year, and the level we have now is already large enough to result indirectly in thousands of murders via terrorism. I think you are being deeply complacent.

Percentage of the population of Muslims in each European country (end of 2010) - Countries with 5% or more!

Albania - 82.1%
Bosnia - 41.6%
Macedonia - 34.9%
Cyprus - 22.7%
Bulgaria - 13.4%
Georgia - 10.5%
Russia - 11.7%
France - 7.5%
Belgium - 6%
Austria - 5.7%
Netherlands - 5.5%
Germany - 5%
Switzerland - 5%

http://www.pewforum.org/2011/01/27/table-muslim-population-by-country/

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/11/17/5-facts-about-the-muslim-population-in-europe/

I will say that I wouldn't be surprised if we've seen an increase in many of these countries especially Germany, Sweden and France for example because these stats are now five years old.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:40 pm

The top 7 of those have large historical Muslim populations, which is probably pushing that overall percentage up a little. You have to start from France and work down if you want to look at 20th/21st century arrival figures.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:37 pm

David wrote:
The top 7 of those have large historical Muslim populations, which is probably pushing that overall percentage up a little. You have to start from France and work down if you want to look at 20th/21st century arrival figures.

Indeed, it is Northern Europe - the powerhouse of European industry, technology, theory and innovation - that matters. What happens in Albania is seriously relevant only insofar as the EU's open borders policy makes Albanian Muslim migration to Northern Europe possible.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:23 pm

5 facts about the Muslim population in Europe.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/11/17/5-facts-about-the-muslim-population-in-europe/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 20 of 105   

Jump to: