Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Terror attacks by Islamist groups

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
It goes to show how transitory these tactics are. A decade ago, at the height of Al Qaeda's international terrorism, nobody thought of getting in a van and running over pedestrians – suicide bombings were the norm. Now vans and trucks seem to be the number one method of choice. And even suicide attacks in the Islamic world only emerged in Lebanon in the early 1980s. The basic ideology hasn't changed since the late 1990s, but its manifestations do seem highly arbitrary and dependent on the fashions (if I may say so) of the day. I almost wonder if finding ways to stop the method will lead to a lull in attacks, because terrorists won't have such an obvious process to fall back on.

ISIS have been pushing this in their propaganda for some time now as a way for the faithful to take out the infidel without needing special weapons or training.

All it takes is a couple to do it and get the publicity, the copycats follow.

Note that they recent terrorist ones have been vans, not sedans. A Sedan you could jump and have a chance to go over the top alive, but bruised. A van, you're screwed plus being heavier it has more momentum

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:40 pm

The flight to Spain is long - I can't even begin to imagine how that poor man travelling all those hours knowing his wife is in ICU and his 7 yr old is missing and realistically probably dead must have felt Crying or Very sad

And all because of the actions of demented fcking cowards!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:55 pm

I'm sure he would have found the trip easier to bear if they, eg, weren't cowards or were in a normal mental state.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:25 pm

^ Meh - whatever Rolling Eyes
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:42 pm

Morrigu wrote:
The flight to Spain is long - I can't even begin to imagine how that poor man travelling all those hours knowing his wife is in ICU and his 7 yr old is missing and realistically probably dead must have felt Crying or Very sad

And all because of the actions of demented fcking cowards!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Demented yes. Not sure about the coward bit.

there's a mindset required to accept that you will die when you do something, and yet do it.

Soldiers have it, there's examples of parents doing it to protect their kids.

These personified smegma are dumb enough to believe that they will get reward in the afterlife for their actions, so they have no fear, they welcome death.

Stupid, brainwashed, fuckwits, callous, self-centered, all resounding ticks.

Cowards, nah.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:46 pm

Killing an armed soldier in combat is one thing.

Running over men, women and children going about there daily lives with a massive piece of moving metal doesn't take much bravery to me.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:48 pm

Nah cowards. Non cowards go to war and fight other soldiers, cowards take out unarmed unsuspecting children, elderly people, people just going about their daily lives, and tourists.

Brave is the man who chose to stay and hold that poor little 7 year old boy when the cops told him to leave. Unfortunately it looks like the little boy is the missing Aussie. Same clothes and estimated age. I'm guessing they are waiting til the father is ready to release the info. His poor wife is still in a coma too I believe.

Just how on earth do we prevent this happening? You can't put bollards next to every road way. Just disgusting, gutless, insane.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:49 pm

Snap swoop
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:49 pm

Agree, but doing it knowing you're going to die?

I'm not in their fan club, I'd be more than happy to help anyone of them to get to "paradise" as long as no one else got hurt.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:51 pm

think positive wrote:
Nah cowards. Non cowards go to war and fight other soldiers, cowards take out unarmed unsuspecting children, elderly people, people just going about their daily lives, and tourists.

Brave is the man who chose to stay and hold that poor little 7 year old boy when the cops told him to leave. Unfortunately it looks like the little boy is the missing Aussie. Same clothes and estimated age. I'm guessing they are waiting til the father is ready to release the info. His poor wife is still in a coma too I believe.

Just how on earth do we prevent this happening? You can't put bollards next to every road way. Just disgusting, gutless, insane.
I do not speak Latin
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:58 pm

think positive wrote:
Nah cowards. Non cowards go to war and fight other soldiers, cowards take out unarmed unsuspecting children, elderly people, people just going about their daily lives, and tourists. .

Not cowards, psychopaths or sociopaths

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:58 pm

stui magpie wrote:

there's a mindset required to accept that you will die when you do something, and yet do it.

But he is not dead is he? He's on the run from authorities trying to keep himself alive - he ran after running down and killing and injuring folk including young kids and old folk just going about their business - coward!!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:00 pm

Morrigu wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

But he is not dead is he? He's on the run from authorities trying to keep himself alive - he ran after running down and killing and injuring folk including young kids and old folk just going about their business - coward!!!

In that case, no argument.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:01 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
Nah cowards. Non cowards go to war and fight other soldiers, cowards take out unarmed unsuspecting children, elderly people, people just going about their daily lives, and tourists. .

Not cowards, psychopaths or sociopaths

Brainwashed. And a coward. Anyone who attacks someone who is defenceless is a coward.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:12 am

Maybe he's tapering for the finals?

Seriously, they're just scum - who cares whether they're brave scum or cowardly scum? It's like worrying about whether the kale is green enough - it doesn't matter, it still tastes like dirt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 88 of 105   

Jump to: