Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Terror attacks by Islamist groups

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

pietillidie wrote:
Pi wrote:
its the intellectual bankruptcy and laziness of the Marxist Far Left and those who allow them public space without question or comment I have issue with.

Are you sure you're not obsessing over, like, 116 people?

Laughing

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:39 am

^Lol, that was my first take. Then I read the link and changed my post. The irony is that the camp, reactionary hysteria to throwaway crap is beyond anything a nursing home of geriatric Marxists, wild-eyed horde of Halal food promoters, or posse of postsexual acultural neofeminists could conjure up at a dorm slumber party if someone spiked the drinks with laughing gas.

Why do people even read this rot, let alone build entire social theses around it?

Last edited by pietillidie on Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:40 am

What was your impression?
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:43 am

David wrote:
I think it's just evidence that there are hypocrites on both sides Bill Leak draws a cartoon showing an Aboriginal father as a drunkard who doesn't even know his son's name, and leftists are outraged while conservatives rush to his defence (and that of the sacred principle of free speech); the head of a Halal authority writes this and conservatives jump up and down while leftists shrug it off. Personally I try to take as much of an even-handed approach as possible to such things, but at the end of the day we all have our biases.

Strange that you equate these things. Leak's cartoon was about an issue of real moral gravity where hard and important truths are politely censored by people who think themselves good. Leak did what a cartoonist should, in telling truth to censoring power.

The Halal person"s FB post seemed indeed a sarcastic - and probably understandable - counter-blast against the people who no doubt provoke him vilely (though he sounds a nasty and subversive piece of work given his behaviour before a Senate committee).

I don't think it is a matter of bias which one of these one defends. One holds a claim to truth (which can be debated of course) and the other is just a piece of rancid sarcasm.

Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:44 am

pietillidie wrote:
Pi wrote:
its the intellectual bankruptcy and laziness of the Marxist Far Left and those who allow them public space without question or comment I have issue with.

You got all that from an idiot involved in a juvenile social media exchange?

I got that from reading your posts Laughing

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:45 am

HAL wrote:
What was your impression?

Away with you, robot! You've come to steal our coal mining jobs with your automomayshun!

courtza 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:18 pm

Just slipping in to this discussion after 86 pages so I haven't read every comment but would anyone agree that there is a serious problem with Islam in western society.

We are in an era of massive cultural change throughout the world, personally I believe we're headed for disaster, but thats just my opinion, whats to come could be glorious.

I'm under no illusion the West is partly responsible for the problems in the Middle East and Africa but that dosen't excuse the Islamic faiths disgraceful laws and practices.

All religions have been responsible for deplorable acts over the centuries but no religion condones these disgusting acts apart from Islam.

Islam is leading humanity backwards and needs to be shut down.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:04 pm

courtza wrote:
Just slipping in to this discussion after 86 pages so I haven't read every comment but would anyone agree that there is a serious problem with Islam in western society.

We are in an era of massive cultural change throughout the world, personally I believe we're headed for disaster, but thats just my opinion, whats to come could be glorious.

I'm under no illusion the West is partly responsible for the problems in the Middle East and Africa but that dosen't excuse the Islamic faiths disgraceful laws and practices.

All religions have been responsible for deplorable acts over the centuries but no religion condones these disgusting acts apart from Islam.

Islam is leading humanity backwards and needs to be shut down.

Massive cultural change, yes; Islam panic, no. Fear of terrorism; fair enough.

A "clash of civilisations" based on Islam is just not a serious world observation. The humorous aside of bus seats mistaken for burqa wearers is an apt metaphor here: we need to pause and pay attention to the knowns.

Islam is divided, fractured and irreconcilable across many sects, cultures, and borders. And, even if you wish to ignore that and refer to "Islam Broad", China alone is not that much smaller in numbers. Add virtually every high-income and military power on the planet here, a billion Hindus there, Russia, Latin America and most of everywhere else, and your fears are unfounded.

Then, you have the huge problem of the authority centres of much of Islam being funded by the declining economics of fossil fuels.

Terrorism and mass-killing weapons are of course very effective tools of fear, but a tiny cult the size of NK can wield those with the best of them. Not to mention any number of other animosities and divisions involving mass weapons could end it all, but that fear is hardly Islam-specific.

The need to maintain perspective by recalling the knowns, overriding the mis-priming effects of media feeds, is paramount.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:32 pm

pietillidie wrote:
^Lol, that was my first take. Then I read the link and changed my post. The irony is that the camp, reactionary hysteria to throwaway crap is beyond anything a nursing home of geriatric Marxists, wild-eyed horde of Halal food promoters, or posse of postsexual acultural neofeminists could conjure up at a dorm slumber party if someone spiked the drinks with laughing gas.

Why do people even read this rot, let alone build entire social theses around it?

It's a viable alternative to thought, apparently.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:57 pm

Bus jihad, too, now:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/02/bus-seats-mistaken-burqas-anti-immigrant-group-norwegian
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:49 pm

Car rams into soldiers, injuring six, in Paris suburb

Police said two of the six were seriously injured.

Speaking to broadcaster BFM TV, Balkany said that what he called a "disgusting" act of aggression was "without any doubt" premeditated.

France's police department said in a message on Twitter that a search for the vehicle was under way.

France remains on maximum alert after a string of attacks in which Islamist militants or Islamist-inspired attackers have killed more than 230 people over the past two years.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/car-rams-into-soldiers-injuring-six-in-paris-suburb/ar-AApKNp8?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=HPCDHP

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:24 pm

115 people per year in a country with a population of 67 million people. It's all pretty trivial as a cause of death.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:50 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
115 people per year in a country with a population of 67 million people. It's all pretty trivial as a cause of death.

As per usual, tell that to the parents, the spouses and the children.
I'm sure it will be very comforting.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:00 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

As per usual, tell that to the parents, the spouses and the children.
I'm sure it will be very comforting.

How many hundreds more have been prevented by the heightened alert level of all the Police and security forces?

That attempted plane bombing in Sydney would have taken out 400+.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Snore teeth, of course it wouldn't. But what, if anything, is your point?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 86 of 105   

Jump to: