Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Terror attacks by Islamist groups

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
I appreciate the heads up about this undoubtedly responsible and even-handed current affairs report, but what does this have to do with terror attacks?

Perhaps if you & I David join we could swell the ranks to over a 2 amy be 3 million.

We could have criminal Sharia law imposed on all of WA & Queensland.

At the same time do you think the pilfering of a so called current affairs TV item by the Daily Mail constitutes terrorism against Journalism? It's not as though the daily mail have not done this before.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:52 pm

Skids wrote:
Should make interesting viewing...

'The agenda is to create a country within your country': Islamic leader warns radicals have a shocking secret plan to create a Muslim state inside Australia... funded by taxpayers

Muslim Imam Shaikh Mohammad Tawhidi will appear on Today Tonight He is shown claiming radicals want a Muslim state within Australia
The show is expected to show the plan for a Muslim state within Australia
The independent state will be paid for by taxpayers and foreign fanatics

The show will air on Monday night at 6.30pm.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4258692/The-shocking-secret-plan-Muslim-state-Australia.html#ixzz4ZkLrJhjL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So first you tell us not to trust the mainstream media but now you want us to watch and or read the mainstream media that ought not be trusted. Hmmm, practicing yoga are we?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:14 pm

^ that's the irony of this "can't trust the mainstream media" narrative most of the people embracing it on the right have been raised on a media diet of Murdoch tabloids and current affairs shows (which still to a pretty close degree reflect their worldview). These outlets are fronted by the sort of presenters who go on about the "liberal elite" even while themselves pulling in six figure salaries and receiving huge corporate sponsorships. They may be hypocrites, but they've very effectively convinced people that the real enemies are journalists who stand up for the underprivileged.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:49 pm

Where's the irony? You're supposed to watch when they bag Muslims and you're supposed to look away when they bag white supremacists.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:23 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Where's the irony? You're supposed to watch when they bag Muslims and you're supposed to look away when they bag white supremacists.

It's an interview you clowns. That can't be distorted before your eyes can it?!

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:25 pm

David wrote:
I appreciate the heads up about this undoubtedly responsible and even-handed current affairs report, but what does this have to do with terror attacks?

About as much as 80% of P4S posts in this thread do Shocked

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:35 pm

UK terror threat 'at highest since 1970s IRA plots'

Britain faces a level of terror threat not seen since the IRA bombings of the 1970s, according to a new watchdog.

Max Hill, the independent reviewer of terrorism laws, told the Sunday Telegraph Islamists were targeting UK cities.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39093389

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:15 pm

Skids wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Cue John McEnroe.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:18 pm

Makes sense to me.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:45 pm

Skids wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

That's a fascinating epistemological question. What do you think the answer might be?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:45 am

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/26/henry-rousso-french-academic-deportation-houston-airport

Stopped another one!

In the last couple of days, US border control has eliminated potential threats to the US posed by Muhammad Ali's son, Mem Fox and a prominent French historian.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:16 am

Why you shouldn't believe everything you read (particularly if it's published by a British tabloid):

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/stories/2017-02-27/the-future-of-fake-news

Quote:

One sensational story about New Years Eve attacks by migrants in Frankfurt was published by the newspaper Bild and picked up by the Daily Express and Daily Telegraph before Bild apologised for publishing a fake story.

That story also appeared on the map, before being taken down. But unlike fabricated stories which can be easily fact-checked, the refugee crime maps main business is slick distortion of reality, which is much harder to track. In the more strictly policed media environment of Germany, fake news has apparently taken on more sophisticated forms.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:31 am

David wrote:
Why you shouldn't believe everything you read (particularly if it's published by a British tabloid):

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/stories/2017-02-27/the-future-of-fake-news

Quote:

One sensational story about New Years Eve attacks by migrants in Frankfurt was published by the newspaper Bild and picked up by the Daily Express and Daily Telegraph before Bild apologised for publishing a fake story.

That story also appeared on the map, before being taken down. But unlike fabricated stories which can be easily fact-checked, the refugee crime maps main business is slick distortion of reality, which is much harder to track. In the more strictly policed media environment of Germany, fake news has apparently taken on more sophisticated forms.

What's the world coming to if you can't believe a tabloid?

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:43 pm

Let's be honest.

There are plenty of mashugana Muslims in the world.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:28 pm

watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:

Quote:

What's the world coming to if you can't believe mainstream media ?

Fixed that for you. Wink Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 60 of 105   

Jump to: