Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Terror attacks by Islamist groups

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Morrigu wrote:
David wrote:
It bothers me greatly, PTID, particularly given that it's my sarcastic thread title that people will see first when they visit the forum. Perhaps not one of my better decisions as a mod.

Oh FFS get over yourselves Rolling Eyes

Bad things are currently being done by people who call themselves Muslims in fairly substantial numbers around the world - fact!!

If it bothers you so then start a thread about bad things done by Christians, Buddhists, Jews or Pastafaraians.

But David's not a callous targeter of innocent bystanders and has no history of doing so, so why would he start now and stoop so low as to damage other groups of humans just for the glorious joy of proving a point on an Internet forum Question

"Guess what, everyone? I won an Internet debate! I insulted Catholics, Latinos, Nigerians, Australian Aborigines, Jews, Indonesians and Hindus with deceptive language and selective representation, inciting targeted hatred of them, but I won! I won! Merry Xmas to me! Please call me 'David the Great Who Won the Internet Debate'!"

Edit: Let me add, the double-whammy with this thread for me is how much I like you and what you are doing with your life, Morrigu, and how likable and curiously unique I find Skids as a person. It really sucks to have to wade through this shite to get to those same two people Rolling Eyes I just wish we could tuck the bloody thing elsewhere, frankly.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:38 am

pietillidie wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
David wrote:
It bothers me greatly, PTID, particularly given that it's my sarcastic thread title that people will see first when they visit the forum. Perhaps not one of my better decisions as a mod.

Oh FFS get over yourselves Rolling Eyes

Bad things are currently being done by people who call themselves Muslims in fairly substantial numbers around the world - fact!!

If it bothers you so then start a thread about bad things done by Christians, Buddhists, Jews or Pastafaraians.

But David's not a callous targeter of innocent bystanders and has no history of doing so, so why would he start now and stoop so low as to damage other groups of humans just for the glorious joy of proving a point on an Internet forum Question

"Guess what, everyone? I won an Internet debate! I insulted Catholics, Latinos, Nigerians, Australian Aborigines, Jews, Indonesians and Hindus with deceptive language and selective representation, inciting targeted hatred of them, but I won! I won! Merry Xmas to me! Please call me 'David the Great Who Won the Internet Debate'!"

Edit: Let me add, the double-whammy with this thread for me is how much I like you and what you are doing with your life, Morrigu, and how likable and curiously unique I find Skids as a person. It really sucks to have to wade through this shite to get to those same two people Rolling Eyes I just wish we could tuck the bloody thing elsewhere, frankly.

Again with the damage crap!

And it's Christmas. You can't take out Jesus and call him an X!

As for damage, let's not forget who named this thread. Hint, it wasn't Skids! The title is more offensive than most of what's in it!

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:42 am

pietillidie wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
I think this thread is an interesting documentary record of the rise of Islamist violence, one of the greatest threats to peace in our time. I think someone with a brain can hold in their head the fact that this war of murder, rape, enslavement and pillage against ordinary people is going on across the world, while recognising that Mr and Mrs Ali in the next suburb are not involved. A few loonies may not, but that is what laws are for, and these should be enforced with real severity.

As for this thread being "violent", well, Pravda rules, I suppose. Violence is the stuff Skids shows in his posts. It is not having violence documented. I suspect that only those who can be unafraid of going to the market are able to distort the concept of violence in that way.

No, it's a targeted, selective, unchecked and misleadingly-titled record. That's a violence in *your* culture which you assiduously adhere to for all other groups. The making of the exception and the special pleading is the very act of aggression here. We've seen this repeatedly in history and this is no different no matter how much lipstick you paint this pig with.

When you call an accurate documentary record of murder and inhumanity caused by Islamists an act of violence by the publisher, I think we really are in very strange territory. That kind of distortion evokes a 1984-style inversion of the ordinary meanings of words in a desire to suppress and control truth. The thread title may be inappropriate, but that was just an attempt at censorship-by-mockery that failed, and not the policy of the main poster. The violence is coming from our Islamist enemies, who are in an ideological and sectarian guerilla war against Some Muslims and the West. This thread makes that rather clear.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:43 am

^Well, at least change the title again at the very least now that original banter has been lost to history. Better that you guys suggest a new title to David, probably.

Regardless, from where I sit, the thread is not contributing anything but hysteria, and is actually *understating* the actual numbers of dead by *multiples*; neither is it fact checking, explaining where the funding or commands are coming from in most cases, nor placing anything in statistical or geographic context so people can get a strategic grasp of the problem. So, it's not even achieving an "educational" goal.

To me, it's the sort of point missing and riling that equates to a tinder-dry undergrowth in a sclerophyll forest just waiting for the next Bush or Abbott with a box of matches and a terrible idea.

Anyhow, enough from me. I'll try not to take my disappointment in people to heart. Carry on.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:50 pm

Happy to change the thread title if someone can come up with a better one.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:17 pm

discussion about Attacks by Muslim extremists
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:43 pm

Latest terrorist attacks
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:40 pm

Hmm two suggestions but the title remains as click bait!
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:03 pm

Evil acts done in the name of Islam.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:47 pm

Islamic terrorism. That probably won't satisfy the airbrushers, but it is calling it what it is.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:18 am

Better!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:28 pm

So, Merry Christmas eh?

Quote:
MANILA, Philippines — Christmas attacks by Muslim rebels in Christian villages in the southern Philippines left at least 14 people dead and may have been partly influenced by the notoriety of the Islamic State group, officials said Saturday.

The dead included nine Christian villagers separately gunned down by Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighter insurgents and at least five rebels killed by government forces in clashes in three provinces on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, said regional military spokeswoman Capt. Joan Petinglay.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/12/26/at-least-14-die-as-muslim-rebels-attack-in-philippines/77915894/

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:23 pm

2015.12.25 Nigeria Kimba 14 dead 25 wounded
Islamists massacre fourteen villagers and abduct children while chanting 'Allah Akbar'.

2015.12.24 Mali Talahandak 6 dead
A half-dozen people are killed in a small town by an al-Qaeda linked group.

2015.12.23 Cameroon Nguetchewe 2 dead
A small girl is among two others murdered by a suicide bomber.

2015.12.23 Iraq Ramadi 4 dead
A family of four is executed for trying to flee the Islamic State.

2015.12.23 Pakistan Mohmand 3 dead 2 wounded
Two children ages 8 and 10 are disassembled by Taliban bombers.

2015.12.23 Israel Jerusalem 2 dead 1 wounded
Two Israelis are left dead after Palestinians stab pedestrians at random.

2015.12.22 Iraq Albu Diab 14 dead 17 wounded
Over a dozen Iraqis are wasted by a Shahid suicide bomber.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:21 pm

Dunno if this qualifies as a terror attack, but it meets the criteria of the original heading.

Classy bloke this one, if a woman knocks you back, the obvious way to win her heart is to lock her up and rape her repeatedly until she learns to love you.

Quote:
A MAN allegedly kidnapped and raped a former colleague for five days to force her to convert to Islam.

The Sun reports police found the 27-year-old woman bruised and in shock inside the kidnapper’s flat in Hyderabad, India after she managed to send an emergency text and post a cry for help on social media.

According to police, Syed Emad Hasan wanted to marry the woman, who cannot be named, but was rejected after she explained that her family do not allow inter-religious marriage.

Despite her moving to Dubai, Hasan continued to harass her until she came back to Hyderabad to confront him, reported the Indian Express.

The woman was then abducted, locked up in his Hasan’s house and had her phone taken away from her.

He began a five-day process of physical and sexual assault in an attempt to make her convert her to Islam and then marry him, before she was able to contact friends for help.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/muslim-man-kidnapped-raped-coworker-for-five-days-to-make-her-convert-to-islam/news-story/757b4f1d53ed30a069cf4ff16c553879

I reckon in this case, beheading IS a suitable punishment, but I don't mean his cranium.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:43 am

2015.12.29 Pakistan Mardan 26 dead 50 wounded
Over two dozen souls are snuffed out by a violent Shahid suicide bombing.

2015.12.28 Syria Zahra 32 dead 90 wounded
Thirty-two people are slaughtered when a car bombing is followed up by a suicide bomber detonating amid the survivors and rescuers.

2015.12.28 Afghanistan Kabul 1 dead 33 wounded
A Fedayeen suicide bomber kills one other person near a school - also injuring eighteen children.

2015.12.28 Nigeria Madagali 28 dead 41 wounded
Two suicide bombers strike a crowded fish market, obliterating over two dozen patrons.

2015.12.27 Turkey Gaziantep 1 dead
A journalist is assassinated by ISIS operatives.

2015.12.27 Nigeria Maiduguri 13 dead
Ten children are among thirteen blown up by a Shahid suicide bomber.

2015.12.27 Syria Damascus 9 dead 16 wounded
Sunni terrorists target a refugee camp with mortars, killing nine innocents.

Weekly Jihad Report
Dec 19 - Dec 25
Jihad Attacks:
Allah Akbars*:
Dead Bodies:
Critically Injured:
*Suicide Attacks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 35 of 105   

Jump to: