Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Terror attacks by Islamist groups

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:38 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Another 52 killed and over 100 injured since Friday.

2015.11.17 Philippines Jolo A businessman is beheaded by Abu Sayyaf.
2015.11.17 Nigeria Yola Islamists bomb a fruit and vegetable market, obliterating thirty-two patrons.
2015.11.15 Iraq Tuz Khormato Shiite militia murder a 14-year-old Kurd.
2015.11.15 Pakistan Gulshan-e-Iqbal Two Shia guards outside a minority religion complex are picked off in a targeted shooting by Sunnis.
2015.11.15 Afghanistan Lashkar Gah A Shahid suicide bomber detonates along a city street.
2015.11.14 Somalia Kismayo At least fifteen are left dead after a surprise attack by al-Shabaab.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:42 am

Mugwump wrote:
That begs the question of why Putin put Russia in the firing line by taking on IS when he had no need to. There is no great strategic issue at stake for Russia in Syria. My hypothesis was that Putin is happy to provoke terrorism against Russians because it lets him play the game he is best at - being the protector and hard man in response.

It has much less to do with ISIS than Russia's support of the Assad regime, which I presume is at least partially about their alliance with Iran and pretty much entirely about oil - as most of these things are.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia%E2%80%93Syria_relations

Quote:
Relations between Syria and the Soviet Union(USSR), which had taken an interest in the Middle East, were initiated by a secret agreement signed on February 10, 1946, just before the declaration of independence of Syria. Syria gained independence from France on 17 April 1946, but could not attain stability for a long period. The 1946 Russo-Syrian agreement prescribed diplomatic and political support from the USSR in the international arena and Soviet military help for the foundation of the Syrian national army. During the Cold War (1947–1991), Syria served as an ally to the Soviet Union in opposition to the western powers, and a stronger political bond grew.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:30 am

Jewish teacher is stabbed on Marseille street by three men who shouted their support for ISIS .......The attack came several weeks after a knife attack on a rabbi in the city, France's second biggest.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3324388/Jewish-teacher-stabbed-Marseille-street-three-men-shouted-support-ISIS.html

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:35 am

David wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
That begs the question of why Putin put Russia in the firing line by taking on IS when he had no need to. There is no great strategic issue at stake for Russia in Syria. My hypothesis was that Putin is happy to provoke terrorism against Russians because it lets him play the game he is best at - being the protector and hard man in response.

It has much less to do with ISIS than Russia's support of the Assad regime, which I presume is at least partially about their alliance with Iran and pretty much entirely about oil - as most of these things are.

Quote:
Relations between Syria and the Soviet Union(USSR), which had taken an interest in the Middle East, were initiated by a secret agreement signed on February 10, 1946, just before the declaration of independence of Syria. Syria gained independence from France on 17 April 1946, but could not attain stability for a long period. The 1946 Russo-Syrian agreement prescribed diplomatic and political support from the USSR in the international arena and Soviet military help for the foundation of the Syrian national army. During the Cold War (1947–1991), Syria served as an ally to the Soviet Union in opposition to the western powers, and a stronger political bond grew.

Possibly but it really was poking the hornet's nest for no obvious strategic advantage Russia can hardly develop its own oil let alone want to access Iranian oil, which will only lower the world price if produced. It is a viable theory that Bad Vlad is just making it up as he goes along, having no real plan at all. But it's also possible that he'd be delighted to see terrorism in Russia, as he has always profited from it in the past, and he needs a break right now.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:50 am

David wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Quote:

It's more about Russia's warm water port in Syria and having friends in strategic places. Did you just seriously say that Russia's alliance is about oil? Russia is the largest oil producer in the world, why would they care about small fries like Syria and Iran?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:55 am

Suppose I did say that Russia's alliance is about oil .
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:09 am

^ It's just a guess - either way, as that Wikipedia article shows, Russia has had its fingers in Syria for a long, long time. If it's not about oil, then it's about some other economic or (as you suggest) military benefit. Either way, there's no fundamental difference between this and the US getting involved in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. It's obviously an alliance that Putin cares enough about that he's willing to risk IS backlash.
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:38 pm

Nothing to worry about. If you're at all concerned about terrorists posing as refugees, you're probably some sort of orphan-hating Islamophobe.

Turkish police have detained eight suspected members of ISIS who were planning to sneak into Europe posing as refugees, state media said today.

Counter-terror police detained the suspects in Istanbul's Ataturk Airport after they flew in from the Moroccan city of Casablanca on Tuesday, the official Anatolia news agency reported.

The police found a hand-written note on one of the suspects detailing a migration route from Istanbul to Germany via Greece, Serbia and Hungary, including smuggler boats across the Mediterranean Sea, as well as several train and bus journeys.

It comes just a day after it was revealed eight migrants have reached the EU using passports identical to the fake one found on one of the Paris suicide bombers.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/260832/8-isis-terrorists-arrested-plotting-pose-refugees-daniel-greenfield

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:40 pm

The very existence of people living free from Islamic dominion, is blasphemy. Blasphemy that must be remedied by bringing them under the rule of Islamic law.

http://sultanknish.blogspot.com.au/

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:52 pm

Skids wrote:
Nothing to worry about. If you're at all concerned about terrorists posing as refugees, you're probably some sort of orphan-hating Islamophobe.

Turkish police have detained eight suspected members of ISIS who were planning to sneak into Europe posing as refugees, state media said today.

Counter-terror police detained the suspects in Istanbul's Ataturk Airport after they flew in from the Moroccan city of Casablanca on Tuesday, the official Anatolia news agency reported.

The police found a hand-written note on one of the suspects detailing a migration route from Istanbul to Germany via Greece, Serbia and Hungary, including smuggler boats across the Mediterranean Sea, as well as several train and bus journeys.

It comes just a day after it was revealed eight migrants have reached the EU using passports identical to the fake one found on one of the Paris suicide bombers.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/260832/8-isis-terrorists-arrested-plotting-pose-refugees-daniel-greenfield

I raised that too in the Paris Attacks thread as I think it is a massive concern especially with the lack of checks due to the open border policy - apparently "focusing on refugees is a red herring". Rolling Eyes

I didn't say focus but more thorough checks need to be in place that's for sure! Oh and for goodness sake reinstate border control you numbnats.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:17 pm

Skids wrote:

Istanbul to Berlin is similar distance as Melbourne to Rockhampton in QLD.

Being able to get public transport or walk across international boundaries must make real border control a freaking nightmare.

Thank Grodd we live on an island and are actually able to put some controls over it.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:55 pm

Police: Bombers, one of them 11, target Nigeria market

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/18/africa/nigeria-blasts/index.html

Nigeria Kano
15 killed 123 injured
Fifteen patrons at a mobile phone market are sent to the afterlife by two child suicide bombers.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:56 pm

Skids wrote:
Police: Bombers, one of them 11, target Nigeria market

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/18/africa/nigeria-blasts/index.html

Nigeria Kano
15 killed 123 injured
Fifteen patrons at a mobile phone market are sent to the afterlife by two child suicide bombers.

I just watched an episode of law and order SVU, it was about a child soldier who was now a refugee in the USA, they had a bit of real footage in there, gees, those poor children....

How the hell do you convince kids to be suicide bombers? Disgusting, absolute power corrupts

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:38 am

Thoughts?

Ms Lambie then suggested refugees in Australia should be subject to tracking via electronic bracelets, due to security concerns.

“And while we’re letting these refugees come in, without, you know the screening that probably needs to be done – and I don’t believe we’re doing enough of it – that puts Australians at risk,” she said.

“This is why I have a problem with all these refugees coming in.”

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/verdict-panellists-label-jacqui-lambie%e2%80%99s-calls-for-electronic-bracelets-for-refugees-%e2%80%98fear-mongering%e2%80%99/ar-BBncriT?li=AAavLaF&ocid=sl5mdhp

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:41 am

It's too bad we have to use a monopoly like Microsoft.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 19 of 105   

Jump to: